The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
    This better not be true, I know he looks fucking weird/elfish/hobbitish .. but NO.

He can't even carry a Spiderman movie let alone The Hobbit.

Comment

• Tobey Maguire is not appearing in The Hobbit.

The Spiderman actor has dispelled rumours he has signed up to play Bilbo Baggins in the upcoming movie adaptation of the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy and insists he hasn't even been asked about the role.

He said: "I have not met or spoken to the director Guillermo del Toro or the producer Peter Jackson or anybody. Nobody has given me a script or approached me about it."

It was recently reported the 34-year-old actor's agency had confirmed he was in preliminary talks with movie producers about starring in the project.

Another website posted an alleged interview with the star, which claimed Tobey had told them he had met with the director personally and was interested in the role.

But Tobey admits these stories left him confused.

He explained to US TV show Access Hollywood: "Somebody actually sent me that link that said that I had a conversation with the director and it was just not true. I was wondering if maybe there was a miscommunication, I was talking about another director or something."

The Hobbit is due to be filmed next year at the same time Tobey is supposed to be filming superhero movie Spiderman 4.

- BANG! SHOWBIZ

Comment

• Originally posted by mossy View Post
        Tobey Maguire is not appearing in The Hobbit.

The Spiderman actor has dispelled rumours he has signed up to play Bilbo Baggins in the upcoming movie adaptation of the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy and insists he hasn't even been asked about the role.

He said: "I have not met or spoken to the director Guillermo del Toro or the producer Peter Jackson or anybody. Nobody has given me a script or approached me about it."

It was recently reported the 34-year-old actor's agency had confirmed he was in preliminary talks with movie producers about starring in the project.

Another website posted an alleged interview with the star, which claimed Tobey had told them he had met with the director personally and was interested in the role.

But Tobey admits these stories left him confused.

He explained to US TV show Access Hollywood: "Somebody actually sent me that link that said that I had a conversation with the director and it was just not true. I was wondering if maybe there was a miscommunication, I was talking about another director or something."

The Hobbit is due to be filmed next year at the same time Tobey is supposed to be filming superhero movie Spiderman 4.

- BANG! SHOWBIZ
        Yeah, the whole Spiderman commitment, should've told people there is no fucking way he could even appear in the flicks, even if he wanted to.

Just sign Warwick Davis and be done with it already.....

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
          I have a feeling this will blow the original trilogy clean out of the water.
          I don't see that happening in our lifetime.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
            I don't see that happening in our lifetime.
            It's possible. With Del Toro and Jackson collaborating i'll think they'll come up with something that's equally good or way better.

Comment

• Man I'm really enthusiasthic to see the work on this movie, even not liking Guillermo Del Toro's filming style. But I think he fits pretty good with "The Hobbit", just hope he doesn't turn this Great Tolkien Tale in a fucking childish movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravager View Post
                But I think he fits pretty good with "The Hobbit", just hope he doesn't turn this Great Tolkien Tale in a fucking childish movie.
                Don't worry, have you seen Pan's Labyrinth?
                'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

• Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post

yeah..I cant wait to see Guillermo Del Toro star in the Wolfman movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeGrizz View Post
                    yeah..I cant wait to see Benicio Del Toro star in the Wolfman movie.
                    fixed, but agreed nonetheless. That movie's gonna be awesome.
                    'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

• Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
                      Yes and that's what I'm worried about, it sucked big to my taste. Too childish plot. People who really understood the End of that movie knows what I'm talking about, just too retarded Anne Frank's Diary cover. The visual and ambiency of the movie is pretty good tho. I think "The Hobbit" has a pretty good chance on being a good movie after all, as long as he doesn't trip in the Childish world.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeGrizz View Post
                        yeah..I cant wait to see Guillermo Del Toro star in the Wolfman movie.
                        Lol..

Comment

• FYI - WETA the company that is making The Hobbit also handled all the 3D and CGI technology behind AVATAR. I am excited for the look and feel of this movie if they decide to use a lot of the same assets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravager View Post
                            Yes and that's what I'm worried about, it sucked big to my taste. Too childish plot. People who really understood the End of that movie knows what I'm talking about, just too retarded Anne Frank's Diary cover. The visual and ambiency of the movie is pretty good tho. I think "The Hobbit" has a pretty good chance on being a good movie after all, as long as he doesn't trip in the Childish world.
                            Well I don't see how it's too childish as it's a pretty violent movie, but the majority of the movie is experienced by a little girl, so the instances of the plot being 'childish' aren't inappropriate.(though i don't consider Pan's Labyrinth to be childish in any way) Whereas the main character in The Hobbit is a 50 something year old hobbit, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about in terms of a childs' perception.

But how did that movie suck to you? Just not a fan of subtitles?

- Lester Freamon

Comment

• Del Toro's out.

http://www.joblo.com/guillermo-del-t...r-someone-else

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                                Beat me to it.

Not looking for MGM at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X