No announcement yet.

The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a shame. He would have been good for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
      I certainly can't fault the guy, but very disappointing news, nonetheless.
      Last edited by SlightlyDemented; 05-30-2010, 10:16 PM.
      Movie Ratings:
      Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
      Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
      Lethal Weapon - 8/10
      The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
      The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

• I'm actually glad he left. He can now move onto other projects that actually interests me.

Comment

• Wow, that fucking sucks. There might be a silver lining though. Who knows, maybe Jackson will take the reigns.

Although, something tells me, we're not gonna get these movies period.

Comment

• That sucks. I was hoping for a good movie adaption of the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
              Wow, that fucking sucks. There might be a silver lining though. Who knows, maybe Jackson will take the reigns.

Although, something tells me, we're not gonna get these movies period.
              What's been mentioned by Jackson so far is this project will go ahead..even if he has to direct himself. Unfortunately he has two movie he's in contract to do before hand so he's on the lookout for a replacement. It all sucks but it's hard to fault Del Torro's decision...he just wants to make some movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossy View Post
                What's been mentioned by Jackson so far is this project will go ahead..even if he has to direct himself. Unfortunately he has two movie he's in contract to do before hand so he's on the lookout for a replacement. It all sucks but it's hard to fault Del Torro's decision...he just wants to make some movies.
                I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson take the helm.

You can't blame Del Tor for jumping ship. He has other movies he needs to do, and by the looks of it he has quite a few projects to choose from.

Who knows, by the time MGM sort their shit out Jackson probably would've completed all the other films he's contracted to do.

Just don't hire Sam Raimi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                  Fuck .. we better get Jackson.

Comment

• Fucking sucks..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                    Jurassic World - 7/10
                    Speed - 8.5/10
                    John Wick - 9.5/10
                    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Shitty news, I just hope At the Mountains of Madness happens out of this.
                      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                        Shitty news, I just hope At the Mountains of Madness happens out of this.
                        I can't help but think del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness would have stood a much better chance of getting made had he directed the Hobbit films.
                        Movie Ratings:
                        Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                        Lethal Weapon - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
                          I can't help but think del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness would have stood a much better chance of getting made had he directed the Hobbit films.
                          One thing's for sure, he would've had a bigger budget to play with. It was the perfect scenario. He makes two great Hobbit movies that rake in a ton of dough then he gets rewarded (ala nolan with inception) by getting to make an epic film out of "At The Mountains Of Madness" complete with a 100 mill+ budget and an "R" rating. This whole thing sucks.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                            One thing's for sure, he would've had a bigger budget to play with. It was the perfect scenario. He makes two great Hobbit movies that rake in a ton of dough then he gets rewarded (ala nolan with inception) by getting to make an epic film out of "At The Mountains Of Madness" complete with a 100 mill+ budget and an "R" rating. This whole thing sucks.
                            My thoughts exactly. He may have done himself a grave disservice by not sticking it out.
                            Movie Ratings:
                            Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                            Lethal Weapon - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
                              My thoughts exactly. He may have done himself a grave disservice by not sticking it out.
                              But what's the guy supposed to do. Sit on his ass doing nothing for the next 1 to 2 years while MGM get their shit together.

It's a crappy situation but he's a filmmaker and needs to get onto other projects.

Comment

• http://filmonic.com/peter-jackson-direct-hobbit-studios

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Working...
                                X