The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
    I can't help but think del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness would have stood a much better chance of getting made had he directed the Hobbit films.
    Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
    One thing's for sure, he would've had a bigger budget to play with. It was the perfect scenario. He makes two great Hobbit movies that rake in a ton of dough then he gets rewarded (ala nolan with inception) by getting to make an epic film out of "At The Mountains Of Madness" complete with a 100 mill+ budget and an "R" rating. This whole thing sucks.
    True, but the strength of his current resume has to count for something. If ATMOM does ever happen, there's no question it won't have the insane budget The Hobbit would have given him, but I'm sure he could do the source material justice and beyond if given the chance with a modest budget.

Next to LOTR, but more so than The Hobbit, an ATMOM flick has away been my most desired adaption. I'm still optimistic that something good will come out of this horseshit news...

I could get behind that.
    Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM.
    LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
      True, but the strength of his current resume has to count for something. If ATMOM does ever happen, there's no question it won't have the insane budget The Hobbit would have given him, but I'm sure he could do the source material justice and beyond if given the chance with a modest budget.
      Agreed..

That's who I wanted in the first place

DVDs

Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
        Shitty news, I just hope At the Mountains of Madness happens out of this.
        I can see Frankenstein coming out of this. Especially after the success of The Wolfman.

Comment

• The success of Wolfman? it had an average box office performance and got shit reviews???

Comment

• District 9 Director In The Running For The Hobbit ?

Comment

• Well he doesn't have the experience of Jackson or Del Toro .. I really don't know what to say. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

• Not surprising that Jackson may look at Neill Blomkamp to take the helm. I am concerned Blomkamp doesn't have the experience for a project of this scale but I'd assume Jackson would be in the background for support.

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  Well he doesn't have the experience of Jackson or Del Toro .. I really don't know what to say. Time will tell I guess.
                  Originally posted by mossy View Post
                  Not surprising that Jackson may look at Neill Blomkamp to take the helm. I am concerned Blomkamp doesn't have the experience for a project of this scale but I'd assume Jackson would be in the background for support.
                  I don't know whether this is a good thing or not.

Yes, he did a stellar job with District 9 but The Hobbit is an entirely different ballgame.

No doubt Jackson would be heavily involved but maybe Blomkamp should do a few more movies before taking on something this big.

Comment

• http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45574

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                    Jurassic World - 7/10
                    Speed - 8.5/10
                    John Wick - 9.5/10
                    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                      Jackson FTW

Comment

• Peter Jackson Negotiating Right Now To Direct The Hobbit

Comment

• If Peter gets it, i will pee my panties!

Comment

• Originally posted by boy, interrupted View Post
                            If Peter gets it, i will pee my panties!
                            I'd say he's got it in the bag.

I've wanted him to do it anyway. Makes perfect sense seeing he did the Rings trilogy. Now it'll have the same look and feel of those movies.

Comment

• Looks like we will have to wait another 2 or 3 years for this movie to hit the theatres. I so wanted this to be out this year or next. As long as Peter Jackson gets to direct it....the movie will be done right.

Comment

• There was a live interview with Sir Ian McKellen last night and when asked about the Hobbit he mentioned he may be finding out the score in the next few days. There was a big smile when he said that which somehow in my mind suggests Jackson is taking the helm.

Comment

Working...
                                X