No announcement yet.

The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL of them look great. I finally saw the full trailer on the big screen last night. It was gorgeous.

Also, I'm guessing that the film will end after [SPOILER]they are saved from the goblins by the eagles.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Three new banners.

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Another TV spot:

[YOUTUBE]XlMJoOVHWnk[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the song from Neil Finn, "Song of the Lonely Mountain" we will be hearing in the closing credits.
        I got to admit, this song does nothing for me. Sounds like they stumbled across some african desert and lost orientation.

But, to save the day, here's the entire soundtrack from start to finish as one stream. Unfortunately, you can't skip forward. But what the heck!
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of the credits song either, but I've been listening to the score all day and I LOVE it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
            I'm not a huge fan of the credits song either, but I've been listening to the score all day and I LOVE it.
            The credit song sucks monkey balls - big time. It doesn't match the atmosphere of the Middle Earth theme at all. No comparison to Enya or Annie Lennox.

The soundtrack itself is mostly what I expected: vast soundscapes with a great catchy main theme and the awesome "Over The Misty Mountains Cold". But onthe other hand there are surprisingly many tunes and melodies from LOTR. Dafuq? Didn't expect that at all.
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
              The credit song sucks monkey balls - big time. It doesn't match the atmosphere of the Middle Earth theme at all. No comparison to Enya or Annie Lennox.

The soundtrack itself is mostly what I expected: vast soundscapes with a great catchy main theme and the awesome "Over The Misty Mountains Cold". But onthe other hand there are surprisingly many tunes and melodies from LOTR. Dafuq? Didn't expect that at all.
              I think it uses LOTR enough to give it the same comfortable, Middle Earth feeling, but plays on them enough to make it stand on its own. A lot of tunes seem to begin with familiar melodies and morph into something more unique. Undoubtedly this was to help connect unfamiliar audiences with the LOTR films. Either way, I love the work here. I can't wait to see how its used in the final film.

Comment

• 6th TV spot

[YOUTUBE]JxrW2T1F8KA[/YOUTUBE]
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• 7th TV spot

[YOUTUBE]W2HYQbbe21U[/YOUTUBE]
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]rNHXPFDEeFY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                      [YOUTUBE]rNHXPFDEeFY[/YOUTUBE]
                      The Hobbit for the poor and unfortunate ones.
                      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                        [YOUTUBE]rNHXPFDEeFY[/YOUTUBE]
                        I think I'd rather watch this, to be honest.

Comment

• It does look pretty neat, but not very Middle Earth-ish.

May have to watch that but pretty much ignore any Tolken references.
                          I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                            It does look pretty neat, but not very Middle Earth-ish.

May have to watch that but pretty much ignore any Tolken references.
                            Prolly won't be many references, or anything even slightly Tolkien-ish. l don't think the guys at Asylum read much.

Comment

• So what's the storyline of The Hobbit ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                                So what's the storyline of The Hobbit ?
                                Bilbo, a hobbit, is sent with a group of thirteen dwarves (and Gandalf) to recover the vast treasure that was stolen by the evil dragon Smaug and restore power and honor to their lineage. During this journey, the group encounters a large number of evil creatures and various troubles (wolves, goblins, rock giants, etc...). Bilbo also finds The One Ring.

That is the basic synopsis of the book, but Jackson is also making this more of a bridge story with the LOTR films so he will be incorporating much material from the LOTR Appendices and also will elaborate on extremely short scenes in the Hobbit or show things that were just mentioned in one sentence or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X