The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Bilbo, a hobbit, is sent with a group of thirteen dwarves (and Gandalf) to recover the vast treasure that was stolen by the evil dragon Smaug and restore power and honor to their lineage. During this journey, the group encounters a large number of evil creatures and various troubles (wolves, goblins, rock giants, etc...). Bilbo also finds The One Ring.

That is the basic synopsis of the book, but Jackson is also making this more of a bridge story with the LOTR films so he will be incorporating much material from the LOTR Appendices and also will elaborate on extremely short scenes in the Hobbit or show things that were just mentioned in one sentence or so.
    I saw the preview over the weekend and saw that the dwarves were going on some kind of quest, with Bilbo and Gandalf. Just didn't know what for.

Thanks.

Comment

• All I remember about The Hobbit, was Gandalf convincing Bilbo in The Shire to go with a bunch of dwarves to find some treasure or something.. they meet up with spiders and trolls (who get turned to stone) along the way, and go into some mountains where they get attacked by goblins.. The goblins are cooler than orcs, I think.. then Bilbo gets lost in a cave and meets Gollum, where he steals the magic ring (which had no significance other than helping Bilbo escape).. then they go and find this talking dragon.. and there's a bunch of humans in there for some reason, and they kill the dragon (which sucked because the dragon was cool).. oh, and I remember elves being involved at some point..

That's what I remember from reading the book.

Comment

• This is a fan-made comp made of Announcement Trailers, Official Trailer, TV Spot 1 - 7, UK 1 minute TV Spot, Japanese 1 minute TV Spot. I think it is great, the different spots and trailers make kinda sense now.

[YOUTUBE]3Hy6O682OGI[/YOUTUBE]
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Videoblog Nr. 9 - Postproduction

[YOUTUBE]4vqyzHwnEiY[/YOUTUBE]

I would have give my left nut to be part of this. Those people involved in this project are so damn lucky.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Great audio stream-interview with Howard Shore, in which he explains his view and approach of his contribution to The Hobbit.
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• New poster from Japan. Looks a bit overloaded...

Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                Bilbo, a hobbit, is sent with a group of thirteen dwarves (and Gandalf) to recover the vast treasure that was stolen by the evil dragon Smaug and restore power and honor to their lineage. During this journey, the group encounters a large number of evil creatures and various troubles (wolves, goblins, rock giants, etc...). Bilbo also finds The One Ring.

That is the basic synopsis of the book, but Jackson is also making this more of a bridge story with the LOTR films so he will be incorporating much material from the LOTR Appendices and also will elaborate on extremely short scenes in the Hobbit or show things that were just mentioned in one sentence or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                  New poster from Japan. Looks a bit overloaded...

It's overloaded because it's from Japan. haha
                  B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
                    lol I was gonna say.

Comment

Yeah, if anything, you're supposed to say "why'd they leave out Shelob and Elrond?"
                      Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                      Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                      Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                      The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                      Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                      Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                      Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                      Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                      Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                      Garbage Special
                      Cardigans My Favorite Game
                      Living Colour Cult of Personality
                      Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
                      Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
                      Sasha D Russian Girls
                      Scatman John Scatman

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]PgGL0F9r4XM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Early word, nothing official, is extremely positive!!

Comment

• Yesterday was the premiere in Wellington - with a 700 metre-long red carpet.

Last edited by Santa; 11-29-2012, 04:50 AM.
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Damn...that's a HUGE red carpet.

I just wish they had made The Hobbit before the rest of the Rings movies. After seeing The Return of the King I can't think of a thing they could do to top it.

I'm hoping the movie lives up to the expectations of the die-hards thoughts (myself).
                              B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

Damn...that's a HUGE red carpet.

I just wish they had made The Hobbit before the rest of the Rings movies. After seeing The Return of the King I can't think of a thing they could do to top it.

I'm hoping the movie lives up to the expectations of the die-hards thoughts (myself).
                                I am absolutely sure it will. Aside form the semi-professional song in the end credits, there's no doubt that The Hobbit will deliver grade A stuff. Sure like the Amen in church.
                                Some said after the premiere, that it tops LOTR, but they didn't say which part. I don't give a shit, I will see it and judge it for myself.
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X