No announcement yet.

The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Hobbit movie "There and back again" delayed.

Cool decision.

Aaaaand:

Last edited by Santa; 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• 8 more days til the dvd and bluray release

Comment

• Also, those confused about the bear on the cover will be less confused when the second movie comes out...

im not sure that cover is actually being used for An Unexpected Journey... seems it may just be promo art... as the "bear" character hasn't be introduced in the films yet.

Comment

• "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"......The movie is amazing. The vividness of the colors, light, and movement is something to behold. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The acting is light, fun, playful, dramatic, and moving while also managing to stay true to the original story. Martin Freeman is great as the younger version of "Bilbo" and is very believable. The merry band of dwarfs are well played and you somehow get to know each of them by the end of the film. Too many to mention but of course the handsome Richard Armitage(Thorin) and sexy Aidan Turner(Kili) are major standouts. Ian McKellen is luminous as "Gandalf" and Hugo Weaving as "Elrond" is splendid once again. It is great to once again see the characters of Elrond, older Bilbo, Sarumon, Galadriel, and Frodo. The esquisite Cate Blanchett back in the role of "Galadriel" is a delight. She portrays that character full of grace, beauty, and mystery!! The scenes with Galadriel and Gandalf are fantastic and I loved seeing actors Blanchett and McKellen in scenes together. The special effects, art direction, music score, cinematography, and makeup effects are all absolutely great. As for the main story, well, apart from doing a prelude that reprises the role of Frodo and older Bilbo Baggins, it pretty much stays true to the text. Also featured are some great action/battle scenes, fun and campy moments, and some nicely done emotional scenes. This first installment of "The Hobbit" is a gem!! Nominated for 3 Academy Awards(visual effects, production design,and makeup), I think this film deserved at least another 4 nominations and a few wins!!

10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

Wal-Mart exclusive digibook 3 disc edition is what I'm getting...... Looks the best....

Fuck I have to go into Wal Mart
            I wanted this edition. I have the 3 disc combo pack, but its not the digibook. It wasn't in the store.

Comment

• The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Just a reminder that the world premiere trailer of The Desolation of Smaug will be online live today, hosted by Peter Jackson at 3 pm Eastern Standard time at:
              http://www.thehobbit.com/sneak

Comment

• Originally posted by capecep View Post
                Just a reminder that the world premiere trailer of The Desolation of Smaug will be online live today, hosted by Peter Jackson at 3 pm Eastern Standard time at:
                http://www.thehobbit.com/sneak

Only a few minutes left! Will report back. I hope we will see some Smaug action!
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Sneak peak was pretty cool... It's going to be a bigger movie than the first for sure. I'm going to reread everything before this comes out.

The clip they showed with Gandalf and Radagast was fucking sweet, I love where they are going with that story.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    The clip they showed with Gandalf and Radagast was fucking sweet, I love where they are going with that story.
                    That clip was basically worth the wait alone, it looked damn gritty and evil-spirited. I liked it!
                    Though, the insight looks into post-production and some other footage was neat as well.
                    I think that the second installment will surpass the first. Too bad we have to wait that long...

I tried to tweet in a question, but I failed in doing so. Santa ain't familiar with that tweeting thing.
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                      That clip was basically worth the wait alone, it looked damn gritty and evil-spirited. I liked it!
                      Though, the insight looks into post-production and some other footage was neat as well.
                      I think that the second installment will surpass the first. Too bad we have to wait that long...

I tried to tweet in a question, but I failed in doing so. Santa ain't familiar with that tweeting thing.
                      Haha I didn't both sending a tweet I knew the chances of mine were tiny and everything I would have asked was covered.

But yes, this is going to be better than the first.

Also I knew Stephen Colbert has a cameo in the second and that he is a huge Tolkien Ned. Loved seeing him show up.

Comment

• DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post

Bring on the godamn trailer...
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post

Comment

• First trailer...

[YOUTUBE]fnaojlfdUbs#![/YOUTUBE]
                              Last edited by Santa; 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM.
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                                First trailer...

[YOUTUBE]I1Gk0CD7njw[/YOUTUBE]

FUCK YES SO GOOD

Comment

Working...
                                X