The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Not yet. I've seen the clip of the elf guy killing the captured orc, and the orc did look a bit more natural than the ones in the first movie. That's all I can really comment on.

I really don't like how the main orc leader looks though. He not only looks like a cartoon character, but I find making him entirely CGI really robs the potential of a great performance by an actor. He's a good villain that an actor could really sink their teeth into. That's pretty much my complaint in a nutshell about the over abundance of CGI characters.
    I think Azog was improved in DoS (or maybe all of the cgi just looked better in HFR) but he still doesn't look great. I agree... They could have done way better with him. He isn't in this one as much and another Orc kind of takes his place (who looks way better).

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      Not yet. I've seen the clip of the elf guy killing the captured orc, and the orc did look a bit more natural than the ones in the first movie. That's all I can really comment on.
      As far as I can remember, that particular Orc guy looked damn real and menacing, his tiny fiery eyes were so piercing. After seeing the linked promo clip, I was looking forward seeing him on the big screen. And it delivered. The audience was calm like a deep Winter night, he was that intense.
      The other Orcs of the Azog pack were ok too, but not so vividly proportioned as the mentioned one. I wished to see more of them in close-ups instead of wide angle shots, which are quite a lot across the whole movie. And in those, they didn't look very natural, especially when they were moving at a fast pace.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      I really don't like how the main orc leader looks though. He not only looks like a cartoon character, but I find making him entirely CGI really robs the potential of a great performance by an actor. He's a good villain that an actor could really sink their teeth into. That's pretty much my complaint in a nutshell about the over abundance of CGI characters.
      I couldn't get into him as well, he seemed in the first film being cut out of a fantasy video game for minors. They improved his looks in DOS, but he still isn't my favorite villain. The new one, Bolg, is imo a better-looking bad guy. Why they CGIed him as well, I dunno.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Awkwardly calm here it is after the storm, young master Hobbitses.

[YOUTUBE]tRAbSX1ySeY[/YOUTUBE]

This time, the awesome score is in the middle of it. That is the last production blog for this movie.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Caught the 2:15 showing of The Hobbit

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

What to say! It definitely should of been two movies instead of three it wasn't ended properly.

The over ridden cgi of the orcs disappointed me as in the LOTR trilogy more practical effects were done.

The character of Tauriel all though not in the book I enjoyed BUT I found it pointless with her affection of Kili I mean really do they need a romance???

Highly entertaining even though it had it's puncture wounds of flaws.

Peter at least kept the scenery intact and beautiful so of course it had that middle-earth feel to it. Also the acting was spot on as usual.

All in All 7/10 I will say this much, throughout the whole movie I kept thinking of Godzilla even though I have seen the trailer my anticipation for that film out weighs the next Hobbit installment all though I do hope it ends with a grand finale.
          <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
          R.I.P.

Comment

• Is this film essential cinema viewing ?

I ask as a DVD screener has hit the interwebs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              Is this film essential cinema viewing ?

Yes.

There's one long sequence which may be one of the most amazing things I've seen in a theater, and another which is just mind blowing to see in a cinema. Highly recommend not going with the screener.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                Yes.

There's one long sequence which may be one of the most amazing things I've seen in a theater, and another which is just mind blowing to see in a cinema. Highly recommend not going with the screener.
                OK. Think I'll wait and go to the cinema.

Comment

OK. Think I'll wait and go to the cinema.
                  Yeahhh buddy

Comment

1000x Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      Caught the 2:15 showing of The Hobbit

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

What to say! It definitely should of been two movies instead of three it wasn't ended properly.

The over ridden cgi of the orcs disappointed me as in the LOTR trilogy more practical effects were done.

The character of Tauriel all though not in the book I enjoyed BUT I found it pointless with her affection of Kili I mean really do they need a romance???

Highly entertaining even though it had it's puncture wounds of flaws.

Peter at least kept the scenery intact and beautiful so of course it had that middle-earth feel to it. Also the acting was spot on as usual.

All in All 7/10 I will say this much, throughout the whole movie I kept thinking of Godzilla even though I have seen the trailer my anticipation for that film out weighs the next Hobbit installment all though I do hope it ends with a grand finale.
                      Not to mention, probably the best on screen dragon... Ever.

I can't wait for Part 3.
                      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

Its actually misleading as the quality is barely better than a good cam.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronmb View Post
                          Its actually misleading as the quality is barely better than a good cam.

The copy I saw was almost DVD quality, just washed out a tad. Waaay better than a CAM.

Comment

• Caught this last Sunday and it was way better than An Unexpected Journey. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Orcs look a tad better but that isn't saying much. They look too video-gamey i.e. Azog. Smaug on the other hand was EPIC.

[SPOILER]A lot of people were pissed that it ended the way it did. Some thought it was only 2 movies while others felt it was bullshit to end it in the middle of the action.[/SPOILER] Those 2 hours really went by fast.
                            “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timvp View Post
                              Caught this last Sunday and it was way better than An Unexpected Journey. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Orcs look a tad better but that isn't saying much. They look too video-gamey i.e. Azog. Smaug on the other hand was EPIC.

[SPOILER]A lot of people were pissed that it ended the way it did. Some thought it was only 2 movies while others felt it was bullshit to end it in the middle of the action.[/SPOILER] Those 2 hours really went by fast.
                              What were people expecting? An Unexpected Journey ended abruptly and there's an entire third movie to fill. When an audience gets pissed off like that it means they want more which means they will go see the next movie.

It's a little annoying to not get any immediate payoff but when you look at the ending in the context of how the trilogy is playing out, it works.

Comment

• Wife and I saw this yesterday and we quite liked it.

I know where it was going to end, so I wasn't upset, wife was like "NOOOO!!!" tho.

I rather liked the two elves and their part in the story.

Was cool to see the 7th Doctor again as Radagast. Also... Sherlock Holmes and Watson...

Can't wait for part three.
                                Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                                Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                                Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                                The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                                Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                                Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                                Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                                Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                                Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                                Garbage Special
                                Cardigans My Favorite Game