Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by oxley View Post
    It's been getting a lot of hate on Facebook too.

    Fucking terrible. Plus, the original one really had a nice feel to it, and ties it in with the first film.

    Idiots. I don't see how it'll get any more money from it, the money made is from the words 'The Hobbit' and 'Peter Jackson'.

    Idiots. Idiots everywhere.
    Money? What?

    He changed the title because There and Back Again is the name of the book Bilbo writes telling the story and he didn't want the title of 1/3rd of the trilogy to represent the whole story. Especially since the battle of five armies is the biggest and most important aspect of the end of the story... So what's so bad about the title?

    Im gonna be that guy, if you read the source material you would understand. "Battle of Five Armies" is what Tolkien called it after all.
    Last edited by The Revelator; 04-24-2014, 07:10 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      I think the title is fine and fits exactly what the majority of the film will be lol. Nothing wrong with it at all.
      Exactly. If it reflects what the movie is about I'm all for it.

      Not having read the book but I assume the battle is the dwarves, elves and humans against Saurons forces ?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
        Exactly. If it reflects what the movie is about I'm all for it.

        Not having read the book but I assume the battle is the dwarves, elves and humans against Saurons forces ?
        No, or not entirely

        [SPOILER]You got the 1st 3 right, and it's a 4 on 1 army battle really. And at this point in the overall story, there is no "Sauron Forces" yet[/SPOILER]
        I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          I think the title is fine and fits exactly what the majority of the film will be lol. Nothing wrong with it at all.
          Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          Money? What?

          He changed the title because There and Back Again is the name of the book Bilbo writes telling the story and he didn't want the title of 1/3rd of the trilogy to represent the whole story. Especially since the battle of five armies is the biggest and most important aspect of the end of the story... So what's so bad about the title?

          Im gonna be that guy, if you read the source material you would understand. "Battle of Five Armies" is what Tolkien called it after all.
          I was refering to your statement about it being a better 'Selling title' or whatever words you used.

          I just sounds fucking retarded. Sounds like some old school Kung Fu flick or something.

          If someone said to me "Hey, lets go see Battle of Five Armies!"

          I'd be like "Yeah, nah. Some Syfy movie is on that doesn't sound half as lame."

          'There and Back Again' just really ties things together in my opinion, it's a nicer title, and an awesome name for a finale film in any trilogy. Considering the journey has to end where it started.
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
          My little idiot..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by oxley View Post
            I was refering to your statement about it being a better 'Selling title' or whatever words you used.

            I just sounds fucking retarded. Sounds like some old school Kung Fu flick or something.

            If someone said to me "Hey, lets go see Battle of Five Armies!"

            I'd be like "Yeah, nah. Some Syfy movie is on that doesn't sound half as lame."

            'There and Back Again' just really ties things together in my opinion, it's a nicer title, and an awesome name for a finale film in any trilogy. Considering the journey has to end where it started.
            When did I say anything about it being a "selling title". I never said anything like that.

            And what do you mean it has to end where it started? Because he's going (wait for it...) BACK AGAIN??!!!?

            There and Back Again was derived from Tolkien's writing just as much as Battle of Five Armies is. Do you even read what Jackson said in his statement? If anything he's more appropriately naming the movie as he believes the entire trilogy is about going there and back again...

            Don't see what is so bad about it. Do I think it really needed a title change? Not really... But is it bad? Hell no it fits perfectly. And most importantly, will it make the movie any better or worse? No.
            Last edited by The Revelator; 04-24-2014, 11:02 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
              When did I say anything about it being a "selling title". I never said anything like that.
              I think he's referring to Santa's reply to your initial post about the title change.

              For me personally, I don't give a shit about whether the name fits or not. It is a chore to say, it doesn't sound good, and when I call up my buds on opening night to go see it I can't think of a title that will sound lamer coming out of my mouth than "Battle of Five Armies".

              Whatever, it's only a title. You're right about it having no bearing on the actual quality of the film so arguing about it is pointless.


              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oxley View Post
                It's been getting a lot of hate on Facebook too.

                Fucking terrible. Plus, the original one really had a nice feel to it, and ties it in with the first film.

                Idiots. I don't see how it'll get any more money from it, the money made is from the words 'The Hobbit' and 'Peter Jackson'.

                Idiots. Idiots everywhere.
                Originally posted by oxley View Post
                I was refering to your statement about it being a better 'Selling title' or whatever words you used.

                I just sounds fucking retarded. Sounds like some old school Kung Fu flick or something.

                If someone said to me "Hey, lets go see Battle of Five Armies!"
                Another oxley happened.
                Since when do you care what Facebook has to say about such a thing?
                Btw., the main title is still The Hobbit, not The Battle of Five Armies.

                Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                For me personally, I don't give a shit about whether the name fits or not. It is a chore to say, it doesn't sound good, and when I call up my buds on opening night to go see it I can't think of a title that will sound lamer coming out of my mouth than "Battle of Five Armies".
                So, what other title do you suggest?

                Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                Whatever, it's only a title. You're right about it having no bearing on the actual quality of the film so arguing about it is pointless.
                This. Would have spared oxley - and you - a lot of senseless blabbering.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

                Comment


                • I'm fine with the title. And really? Arguing about the title of a movie?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    So, what other title do you suggest?

                    This. Would have spared oxley - and you - a lot of senseless blabbering.
                    The original title was fine.


                    Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                    Comment


                    • My guess is There and Back Again will be the title of the box set.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                        I think he's referring to Santa's reply to your initial post about the title change.

                        For me personally, I don't give a shit about whether the name fits or not. It is a chore to say, it doesn't sound good, and when I call up my buds on opening night to go see it I can't think of a title that will sound lamer coming out of my mouth than "Battle of Five Armies".

                        Whatever, it's only a title. You're right about it having no bearing on the actual quality of the film so arguing about it is pointless.
                        Sorry you feel it is "lame". I don't think that qualifies as criticism. It fits perfectly in with the story, but if you're not nerdy enough to appreciate good fiction too bad for you.

                        also


                        Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                        It is a chore to say


                        u lazy bro

                        Originally posted by Klownz View Post
                        I'm fine with the title. And really? Arguing about the title of a movie?
                        dude its the internet, we argue about everything!

                        Comment


                        • "Battle Of The Five Armies"......that's just terrible. Especially when they were considering the far more simpler, and supererior title of "Into The Fire".

                          Battle Of The Five Armies is just way too literal. It also sounds like an Anime series.


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            "Battle Of The Five Armies"......that's just terrible. Especially when they were considering the far more simpler, and superior title of "Into The Fire".
                            Was "Into The Fire" even in consideration? I always thought it was "There And Back Again" only.

                            Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            Battle Of The Five Armies is just way too literal. It also sounds like an Anime series.
                            Well, the recent additional title of Captain America - Winter Soldier - doesn't spark greatness as well. Reminds me more of a landing or invasion war movie of US Marines in Siberia during WWII rather than of an action and adventure flick.

                            Battle Of The Five Armies is just fine. It's the content of the film, so?
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Santa View Post
                              Was "Into The Fire" even in consideration? I always thought it was "There And Back Again" only.
                              Yeah, I saw it on EP Daily, and the guy who plays the main orc baddie, practically confirmed it. I guess not though.

                              Battle Of The Five Armies is just fine. It's the content of the film, so?
                              It's not a big deal, but it's just too direct and literal for me. Batman fighting The Joker is the content of The Dark Knight, but you wouldn't call it "Batman Fights The Joker".

                              It's just not a great title.


                              Comment


                              • 'Into The Fire' is also much better.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                                "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                                You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                                My little idiot..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X