The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Sorry you feel it is "lame". I don't think that qualifies as criticism. It fits perfectly in with the story, but if you're not nerdy enough to appreciate good fiction too bad for you.
    I already said I don't care if it fits. It sounds lame and nothing will change that.

Originally posted by Santa View Post
    Well, the recent additional title of Captain America - Winter Soldier - doesn't spark greatness as well. Reminds me more of a landing or invasion war movie of US Marines in Siberia during WWII rather than of an action and adventure flick.
    Winter Soldier is a great title.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
      Winter Soldier is a great title.
      I think it sounds lame. It's so lame I would never say to my friends "want to see winter solider?!"

So terrible, sounds like a comic book or something.

Comment

I think it sounds lame. It's so lame I would never say to my friends "want to see winter solider?!"

So terrible, sounds like a comic book or something.

I find it totally lame that you're mocking me right now.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]ZSzeFFsKEt4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• There And Back Again is still the better title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
              [YOUTUBE]ZSzeFFsKEt4[/YOUTUBE]

Can't wait!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
                [YOUTUBE]ZSzeFFsKEt4[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                There And Back Again is still the better title.
                Shut up.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I noticed they used Pippins song from The Return Of The King.
                  I hope they find will find a better song, when the end credits will finally roll by one last time.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• awesome

Comment

• I don't know what film I care about less; this or "Batman vs Superman"....... Push..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                      Jurassic World - 7/10
                      Speed - 8.5/10
                      John Wick - 9.5/10
                      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• I like these movies but they are a step down from the original trilogy.

Too much CGI makes them look too video gamey. Peter Jackson is turning into George Lucas but I'll still check this out.

Comment

• Lucas is 10000x the hack Peter Jackson will ever be

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                            Lucas is 10000x the hack Peter Jackson will ever be
                            This.

Jackson has definitely gone overboard with the CGI and has taken many liberties that Tolkien purists (and general fans of Tolkien's work) are not willing to accept, but as a whole you can tell much more thought, time and effort was put into these than Lucas even tried with his prequel Star Wars movies. The acting in these alone makes these films much more enjoyable for me.

I'm an admitted fanboy of Middle Earth so I've overlooked a lot of the problems/flaws the Hobbit films have (or maybe that doesn't make me a fanboy, since I'm not blindly making excuses trying to justify how perfect these movies are). The movies definitely have problems, which is apparent in how they've been received (although overall people seem to really like these). I highly doubt Jackson will walk away from this with the same tarnished reputation that Lucas now has.

Comment

This.

Jackson has definitely gone overboard with the CGI and has taken many liberties that Tolkien purists (and general fans of Tolkien's work) are not willing to accept, but as a whole you can tell much more thought, time and effort was put into these than Lucas even tried with his prequel Star Wars movies. The acting in these alone makes these films much more enjoyable for me.

I'm an admitted fanboy of Middle Earth so I've overlooked a lot of the problems/flaws the Hobbit films have (or maybe that doesn't make me a fanboy, since I'm not blindly making excuses trying to justify how perfect these movies are). The movies definitely have problems, which is apparent in how they've been received (although overall people seem to really like these). I highly doubt Jackson will walk away from this with the same tarnished reputation that Lucas now has.
                              I don't think these films are as offensive as the Star Wars prequels but at the same time they're not very good. You're basically saying that you're a mark & will lap up whatever Jackson serves you. That's cool & all but this series is about 10 notches below what he gave us in the early 2000's. And this is coming from someone who defended "An Unexpected Journey" & created this motherfucking thread.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                              Jurassic World - 7/10
                              Speed - 8.5/10
                              John Wick - 9.5/10
                              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                                I don't think these films are as offensive as the Star Wars prequels but at the same time they're not very good. You're basically saying that you're a mark & will lap up whatever Jackson serves you. That's cool & all but this series is about 10 notches below what he gave us in the early 2000's. And this is coming from someone who defended "An Unexpected Journey" & created this motherfucking thread.
                                Well that isn't true for me necessarily. To say I loved the first two films without giving them thought or simply accepting them as they are simply because... well the same guy who made my favorite films of all time made these too isn't right. I think they are good films, but certainly not on level of LOTR. Well acted, impeccable production design, amazing special effects, fun fantasy story with characters that carry it well (although only a few are fleshed out in any truly interesting way, especially when looking at how much depth so many characters have in LOTR). Over reliance on special effects, over-the-top action scenes that seem strangely unrealistic and out of place compared to the movies they are a prequel too, and pacing issues are definitely a problem but I honestly don't think "they're not very good".

I don't love them irrevocably... if I would have walked out of the theaters feeling disappointed I wouldn't have talked myself into pretending I loved them. Again, there are definitely issues and like you said, they're considerably less proficient than LOTR (which come to close to perfection as cinema gets, in my opinion). At the same time, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have almost as much fun with them. There's a lot to like here, but a lot of people seem very let down by them. Can't say I'm one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X