Clear All

• Escape from New York Remake

Carpenter has nothing left...

Remake. Not sequel. Someone change the title...but continue reading:

News

Butler to Escape From New York

Source: Variety
    March 13, 2007

300 star Gerard Butler is lined-up to star in a remake of John Carpenter's Escape From New York from 1981, reports Variety.

Neal Moritz is attached to produce, with Black Hawk Down screenwriter Ken Nolan penning the screenplay.

Butler would play Snake Plissken, the one-eyed convict who's charged with heading into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president.

Kurt Russell originated the role and reprised it in the 1996 sequel Escape from L.A.

Source

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

What on Earth is going on?! Carpenter.... THE FOG, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13, HALLOWEEN and now this? WHY?!
    "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
      What on Earth is going on?! Carpenter.... THE FOG, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13, HALLOWEEN and now this? WHY?!
      *cue funky bass riff*

Money, money, money, money................MONEY!

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Actually this could be a very cool remake. With CGI being what it is, they could get really creative with this.
        Last edited by cubbiechris; 03-13-2007, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I would rather see Kurt Russel take up the role once more.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
            I would rather see Kurt Russel take up the role once more.
            ditto.....
            My DVD's
            { Platinum Trader +142}

Comment

I'm up for it...Butler is a great choice and I'm glad he's finally starting to get the name he deserves...A good director will do wonders for this and hopefully it will end up more like Assault on Precinct 13 and less like The Fog...

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther View Post
                I'm up for it...Butler is a great choice and I'm glad he's finally starting to get the name he deserves...A good director will do wonders for this and hopefully it will end up more like Assault on Precinct 13 and less like The Fog...
                Agreed on all counts. I watched this a few weeks ago and it certainly felt dated. I thought that a remake might not be a bad idea. The only thing that worries me is Neal Moritz involvment.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther View Post
                  The Fog was horrible. They changed the story. Replaced stolen gold/revenge with love...and kinda sorta revenge. Please! Why does a good flick have to be marred with romance? ...especially since it had no part in the original.
                  "Two roadblocks and an all points bulletin wouldn't stop a five year old!"
                  ~ S. Loomis ~

Thanks Whats_Eating_U for the manly Michael Myers sig!

Comment

I bet it'll be better than the original.

Comment

I'm up for it, and Butler would be a good choice. I just hope he goes for something different with Snake because if he tries to copy Russell I think he will fail.
                      When a man bleeds it's just tissue. But blood from one of you Things won't obey.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the original but I've never really been a huge fan of Russell and think Gerard Butler could actually do a better job. Russel sealed his fate as Plissken in that abomination Escape From LA. As long as they don't try to go to glitzy but keep it raw and violent then we should be juuuust fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy View Post
                          I'm a big fan of the original but I've never really been a huge fan of Russell and think Gerard Butler could actually do a better job. Russel sealed his fate as Plissken in that abomination Escape From LA. As long as they don't try to go to glitzy but keep it raw and violent then we should be juuuust fine.
                          I'm sure Butler would be awesome. And yeah, Escape from LA was TERRIBLE.
                          When a man bleeds it's just tissue. But blood from one of you Things won't obey.

Comment

I will never see this. Fuck a remake! I'd rather see Escape From Earth instead. Gerard Butler isn't fit to kiss Kurt Russell's ass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                              I will never see this. Fuck a remake! I'd rather see Escape From Earth instead. Gerard Butler isn't fit to kiss Kurt Russell's ass anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X