No announcement yet.

The X-Files Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite shows of all time as well. I never bought the entire show as a box set but I did get the 4 Mythology box sets and they are awesome. Follows the main storyline and skips over the "monster of the week" episodes. Not to say they weren't worthy of watching I do love them as well but the Mythology set was worth the money.

Comment

Can someone help me out, which X-files episode has skinner covering a murder up for the smoking man?
      Last edited by floyd2006; 08-08-2011, 11:58 PM.
      Cinema Junkyard

Comment

The cool thing is, both Duchovney, and Anderson are happy to keep going with the movies. I had the entire series at one point. It cost around 1,000 for all of it. Sold it, needed the money, what can I say ?
        sigpic

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender

Comment

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/1...to-blu-in-2013

Comment

The X-Files: Season Ten comes out in comic book form in June. I'll probably give it a shot because I'm a geek, even though I didn't really dig most of season eight, all of season nine and I Want to Believe.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/30...atter-to-fans/

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

I just bought the entire series on DVD. Currently half way through season four.

It's great to catch up with old favourites and have discovered some fantastic episodes that I missed the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                I just bought the entire series on DVD. Currently half way through season four.

It's great to catch up with old favourites and have discovered some fantastic episodes that I missed the first time around.
                I started watching but only made it to around episode seven.

It's a good show overall but the formula seems like it would get a tad stale as the show progresses.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post

It's a good show overall but the formula seems like it would get a tad stale as the show progresses.
                  I definitely recommend you check out the season 4 episode Home. Creepy stuff.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post

Like most shows, The X-Files takes a while to hit its' stride. Once it does, it is some of the best television... ever. Season 1 is a bit weaker, but the episodes get better and better until season 2 where it really takes off.

Comment

Scully's scary armpit

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                        Like most shows, The X-Files takes a while to hit its' stride. Once it does, it is some of the best television... ever. Season 1 is a bit weaker, but the episodes get better and better until season 2 where it really takes off.
                        Seasons 2-5 are some of the best TV ever produced.

This show has something for everyone. The supernatural, Government conspiracies, serial killers, aliens, satanists, psychics, you name it, and they really amped up the horror in season 4. Some really gruesome stuff in that season.

Comment

Seasons 2-5 are some of the best TV ever produced.
                          Agreed and the season finale cliffhangers were second to none.

I'll never forget the Season 4 finale and how god damn long that summer was. The Season 5 premier was, and most likely always will be, my most anticipated episode of television ever. Redux I and II fucking delivered and are both easily in my top ten. Excuse me while dig out my X-Files season 5 DVDs and nerd out for the next few hours.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                            Agreed and the season finale cliffhangers were second to none.

I'll never forget the Season 4 finale and how god damn long that summer was. The Season 5 premier was, and most likely always will be, my most anticipated episode of television ever. Redux I and II fucking delivered and are both easily in my top ten. Excuse me while dig out my X-Files season 5 DVDs and nerd out for the next few hours.
                            I don't remember those episodes. I wasn't really into the conspiracy/mythology stories the first time around but now on re watch I'm really getting into it all.

This show is just brilliant, and Mulder and Scully have the best chemistry. I love the ying and yang of their relationship and their conflicting beliefs. It works so well.

Comment

Mulder and Scully have the best chemistry
                              That's what made it a ratings winner, expanding its market to several female age brackets.

There's one disturbing ep that stuck with me. It involved possessed plastic surgeons that were murdering their patients. I could never figure out how their clinic kept in business. lol

Comment

Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                                That's what made it a ratings winner, expanding its market to several female age brackets.

There's one disturbing ep that stuck with me. It involved possessed plastic surgeons that were murdering their patients. I could never figure out how their clinic kept in business. lol
                                That was in season 4. That episode was particularly gruesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X