The X-Files Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
    I did the same over the weekend. It is quite brief, but the hook's there and I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

I just came across this vid earlier today. I don't think it's an extra on any of the DVDs (region 1), but I do seem to remember it airing during the show's fifth or sixth season. It's more for nostalgia than anything else, but it's entertaining none the less:

[YOUTUBE]_nhEIIFupr0[/YOUTUBE]

I also caught up with a few stand-alone episodes earlier today and among them was Post Modern Prometheus. At the time this aired I really didn't get it and passed it off as that one boring black and white episode, but after seeing it for the first time today in years, I think it could quite possibly be the high point in Chris Carter's stand-alone episode writing; it blew me away. It's a weird, funny, chilling take on Frankenstein and it's god damn touching.

It could be in my top five stand-alone episodes. Check it if you haven't in a while.

I'll have to watch that doco. I'm all nuts for X Files at the moment.

I just finished season 5 and I can honestly say, that along with season 4 it's my fave season. I really think those two seasons are definitely the high point of the entire series.

Post Modern Prometheus has it all. It's creepy, funny, quirky and a great riff on the Frankenstein tale. Gotta love the ending with Cher. It's such a WTF moment but it works.

Comment

• I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm about to nerd out hard on this (yesterday's X-Files panel from Comic-con):

[YOUTUBE]Cu61D9QHkdo[/YOUTUBE]
      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
        I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm about to nerd out hard on this (yesterday's X-Files panel from Comic-con):

[YOUTUBE]Cu61D9QHkdo[/YOUTUBE]

I'd love another movie.

Comment

• I used to be a big X-files nerd but I stopped watching it. Hell I haven't even seen the last movie they did.

I need to revisit it all, though. And it's 20 years old!!?? I feel old

Comment

• Just finished issue two of the season 10 comic.

The story is picking up now and it's good to see the return of The Lone Gunman.

Next issue sees the return of Cancer Man.

Comment

A new movie would kick ass. I watched that reunion panel and I agree with Duchovny in that The X-Files could go on forever.

I think I'm going to wait until the comic is complete and hardcover bound, and then I'll check it out all at once.
              A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
              H. L. Mencken

Comment

• http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...-was-out-there

Comment

• Saw random episodes as a kid, but my memory is extremely blurry. Decided to check out season 1 on Amazon Prime and so far I'm loving it!

Just finished episode five and I gotta say that this series started out very strong. The episode with the man that squeezes through small spaces to kill people and steal their liver's stood out the most. Looking forward to watching all of the seasons over the course of the summer, this is great TV right here.

Comment

• Been trying to make my way through this show for the last year or so. Loved most of it, but getting through twenty five episodes a season is very difficult for me

Think I'm on the sixth or seventh episode of the third season.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                      Saw random episodes as a kid, but my memory is extremely blurry. Decided to check out season 1 on Amazon Prime and so far I'm loving it!

Just finished episode five and I gotta say that this series started out very strong. The episode with the man that squeezes through small spaces to kill people and steal their liver's stood out the most. Looking forward to watching all of the seasons over the course of the summer, this is great TV right here.
                      I've watched a ton of "Monster of the Week"-episodes from different seasons, which are lots of fun, but so far I've only fully completed the first season. I like the story-arc episodes, but I'm just lazy atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                        Squeeze and Tooms were 2 of my favorite x files episodes, love them! I remember being 12 years old and buying the VHS of the episodes.

Comment

• The myth-arc (I think that's what they're called) episodes have definitely been my favorites so far.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• This show is my fuckin' jam. I just got done playing the Area 51 game on PS2 and now I'm considering watching some of the season 2 eps tonight.

(Duchovny voices the main character in Area 51 for those wondering)

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                              The myth-arc (I think that's what they're called) episodes have definitely been my favorites so far.
                              Prepare to be disappointed

I loved all the myth arc stuff up until around season 5 or 6. But everyone has their own jump ship moment so I obviously can't say what yours will be. But rest assured, you WILL have a point where you just grow bored or frustrated and just give up. I've never met a soul who is satisfied with the last few seasons of the show or how they wrap up the myth arc.

For me season 6 was the last great season.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                                Squeeze and Tooms were 2 of my favorite x files episodes, love them! I remember being 12 years old and buying the VHS of the episodes.
                                Tooms was definitely one of the best villains on the show.

Creepiest episode would probably be Home from Season 4.
                                57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Working...
                                X