X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
    Hahahaha, love your Role Models sig
    I had a feeling you would.

As far as modern directors, we can't leave out Fincher either.
    sigpic

Comment

• There aren't nearly enough character studies like this being released in hollywood anymore. Just as rare are directors and editors who aren't afraid to let the story unfold naturally with a sort of casual pacing that has you believing you are watching real people in real situations.
      A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
      H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Reqeuim is great, remarkable in fact, but The Wrestler is highly overpraised and has the same following as the Taratino fans for Pulp Fiction or the Fincher fans have for Se7en (annoying). Not saying the movie isn't good, it is. Not groundbreaking.

Give me Mickey in Barfly any day over this.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

• Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
          Give me Mickey in Barfly any day over this.
          Give me Mickey in Diner any day. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083833/

The movie is great, too bad only 1% of members had the pleasure of watching it.

Comment

• Diner's a great movie but I'm pretty sure you can have both.
            KITTYSAFE.NET
            Facebook | Website
            | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

• I love this film. It has me gripped from start to finish. I can't find any fault with it whatsoever. Great cast, great story, great direction, brilliant characters and it is really moving at times.
              That scene when he talks about being a "broken down piece of meat" gets me every time. Mickey Rourke should have had an oscar for it.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                I totally agree. That's why I enjoy his movies. He's not afraid to explore the darker corners of human existence ,and I applaud directors and films that do show us that not all of lifes problems and situations are easily resolved and wrapped up in a pretty red ribbon.

Life can be emotionally taxing and bleak and Aronofsky goes there.
                My thoughts exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  Give me Mickey in Diner any day. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083833/

The movie is great, too bad only 1% of members had the pleasure of watching it.
                  Those aren't bad, but for his 80's films i'll go Pope of Greenwich village

Comment

• The Wrestler is an amazing film. Darren went that step better with Black Swan (actually more of an Earth-shattering leap!) but The Wrestler is a wonderfully tragic and emotional character study. The ending is very powerful and Mickey rourke is phenomenal. He would've won the oscar is he hadn't upset the acadamy awards!

9/10
                    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X