DVDs

Recent Flicks
    Jurassic World - 7/10
    Speed - 8.5/10
    John Wick - 9.5/10
    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

The only reason I'm really excited about this is because it was done by Aronofsky. The plot doesn't even sound enticing to me but I'll give it a go.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
        I'm glad that we have a serious director making a serious movie here. I'm tired of the way movies have portrayed wrestling as. They always make it more fake then what it is, losing the art that's in wrestling. The ring ropes are more lose then N2N's mom, and they make up out of this world 'not even Vince McMahon would create' characters. For a business I've loved for so long, it's good to know this will be dead serious and thought provoking. I can't wait.
        You forget about ready to rumble possibly the most thought provoking film on wrestling ever

Comment

At least we can all be sure of one thing:

Necrobutcher sucks a fat dick.

I might give this a chance. The Fountain was way too overboard and pretentious. Hopefully this stays a bit more grounded. I wonder what route they're going to take with the story; if it's going to really explore wrestling storylines and backstage politics, or if they're gonna go the easy "wrestling is real" way out.

Recent Movies:
          Kick-Ass - 9/10
          The Human Centipede - 7/10
          Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
          last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
            At least we can all be sure of one thing:

Necrobutcher sucks a fat dick.

I might give this a chance. The Fountain was way too overboard and pretentious. Hopefully this stays a bit more grounded. I wonder what route they're going to take with the story; if it's going to really explore wrestling storylines and backstage politics, or if they're gonna go the easy "wrestling is real" way out.
            from the looks of it the latter though a good movie on the politics and back stage craziness would be cool to see.

Comment

Actually, after watching that clip, it looks as though they may go with a more realistic approach. If so, I'll definitely check it out.

Recent Movies:
              Kick-Ass - 9/10
              The Human Centipede - 7/10
              Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
              A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
              A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
              last.fm

Comment

Interview with Aronofsky regarding the film:

Part I
                Part II

Infini-tropolis I the blood & the blade

Comment

CAN'T. FREAKING. WAIT.

Serious. I have been a Mickey Rourke fan my entire life. I am glad that he is finally getting some props (and laying off of the sauce).

I really think that he comprehended MARV completely in SIN CITY. Furthermore, these pics of the man...he is 57 years old, and he is SCARY. The dude is pumped.

I heard that it got American distribution with the deal that Mickey Rourke would get an Oscar push for his performance.

FREAKING HYPED.

http://www.mediasaurs.com/
                  http://www.mediasaurs.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.mediasaurs.com/FORUM/FORUM/FORUM2/

Comment

Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
                    You forget about ready to rumble possibly the most thought provoking film on wrestling ever

Fuck you.

Comment

Once again a new film with an EXTREMLEY unoriginal title

Comment

It looks like another great Arronofsky film. I just want to see the trailer.

mydvds

Comment

[YOUTUBE]XGnO1oQk2_w[/YOUTUBE]

The reviews for the flick, particularly Rourke's performance, are insane:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wrestler/

Can't wait for this one.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

I didn't care for it when I heard it and I don't care for wrestling but watching the newest trailer really got me into it. I will definitely see it.

Comment

I saw about two weeks back. Absolutely incredible. This will be looked back upon as the official comeback for Rourke and his best performance yet. I love Angel Heart but I never really saw anything else I dug him in until this.

It's a bit of a departure for Aronofsky but I think that's another reason why it really works. It's extremely realistic, showing the realistic aspects of what "pro-wrestling" does to the body and psyche, and works as a really great nostalgic look back at the 80's, with lines like "music was great until the Cobain guy came and fucked it up."

Marisa Tomei is topless for most of her scenes, so there's that too...

Ultimately, one of the best of the year, maybe even the best, and tied for my favorite Aronofsky with Pi.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
                              +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                                It's official, I'd totally do Marisa Tomei now.

Comment

Working...
                                X