This looks interesting but seems way too short of a time for it:

Date From April 24, 2010 9:00 PM
    Until April 24, 2010 11:55 PM

413 Market Street
    Lewisburg, PA 17837

Price $15.00

Info Line 570-524-9629
    Website http://www.campustheatre.org

Saturday, April 24th - Doors open at 9:00 p.m.

Description

"You don't roll on Saturdays"? Well, it's time to start! Just in time for the Lewisburg Arts Festival... it The Big Lebowski Party! What is a Big Lebowski Party, you ask? It is a celebration of all things "Dude" and the 1998 Coen Brothers cult-classic film "The Big Lebowski". (Lebowski: Not a man, a way of life.)

What you will enjoy at The Big Lebowski Party: *BEER* *WINE* *MUSIC* *AISLE BOWLING* *COSTUME CONTEST (Dress as your favorite Lebowski character and receive one free drink coupon at the door!)* *PRIZES* *WHITE RUSSIANS* *And of course, THE BIG LEBOWSKI on THE BIG screen at 10:00 p.m.! Tickets are only $15.00 and will be worth EVERY penny!

**"The Big Lebowski" has been Rated R for pervasive strong language, drug content, sexuality and brief violence by the MPAA. You must be 18 years of age to attend this event (or accompanied by an adult/guardian). You MUST be 21 years of age to drink alcohol. Please have your ID ready to show at the door.**

NOTE: No one under 18 years old will be admitted.

Comment

Holy five years later batman thread!

But, might as well add to it. I love this movie, I named my Dag Lebowski.

Comment

Funniest movie ever + my 2nd all time favorite movie.

The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ripper View Post
          We gonna' fuck you in the ass Saturday man!

What's a petter ass Walter?

Shut the fuck up Donny
          "... and then i'll put this gun up your ass and pull the trigger til it go click!"

"Shut the fuck up, Donny, you're outta your element".

"No one's gonna cut your pecker off, dude".

Comment

Damn good movie. Goodman really does do a great job and so many classic scenes. One of my top five favorite movies of any genre.

Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Comment

Yeah, one of my faves too. Has anyone seen A Serious Man? The only Coen's movie i haven't yet seen

Comment

The fact that this movie's been around for ten years now makes me feel old.

Also, I'm pretty sure the film inspired my Dad's love of White Russians.
                57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                  Yeah, one of my faves too. Has anyone seen A Serious Man? The only Coen's movie i haven't yet seen
                  It's not bad, a tad slow .. but I was entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                    I've heard mixed reviews. I'll check it out eventually.

Comment

If this isn't in your top 5...well, IMO, you don't know shit about film.
                      Last edited by disanti; 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                        I've heard mixed reviews. I'll check it out eventually.
                        well it was my favorite movie of 2009, hands down

Coen's masterpiece IMO

Comment

Why did you think A Serious Man was so great? It's the first Coen flick I've watched where I thought to myself "Hmm, not sure if I liked this".

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                            Why did you think A Serious Man was so great? It's the first Coen flick I've watched where I thought to myself "Hmm, not sure if I liked this".
                            I'm talking about Lebowski. I didn't realize that people were talking about A Serious Man for the last page or so haha.

I was like WTF is there to debate about BL?

Yea, Serious Man has it's moments. Not my favorite movie, but it wasn't bad. Great acting.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                              I absolutely love the themes presented in the film. They blend their sadistic style of comedy with such heavy ideas in only a way the Coens could pull off. Blind faith is one of the most interesting things in the world to me, and the Larry's inability to follow his faith without proof is what drives the film.

In my opinion, it has one of the most haunting last scenes ever filmed, and the whole bundle is topped off with incredible acting and perfect pitch.

I guess it's hard for me to explain why I love A Serious Man so much... but I do.

Comment

That's cool. Good for you. And I agree, great acting...especially the lead actor. He was phenomenal.

Just curious; are you a Jew yourself? I could imagine a film like this would be easier to really "get" if one had a Jewish background.

Comment

Working...
                                X