The Big Lebowski

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I saw this for the first time last night and sort of feel like I missed something.

It was really funny and well-directed, but the story felt a little messy. I don't really know what it was trying to say. I thought that it was entertaining, but not a masterpiece or anything.

6/10
      ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
        I saw this for the first time last night and sort of feel like I missed something.

It was really funny and well-directed, but the story felt a little messy. I don't really know what it was trying to say. I thought that it was entertaining, but not a masterpiece or anything.

6/10
        The fuck did you watch? What it's trying to say? I don't think there is any life altering metaphor behind it, dude (see what I did there!)

It's likely to be my all time favourite comedy. It is absolutely fucking hilarious.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

6/10
          Let some time pass and then give it another watch. The first time I saw it I was a little luke warm on it, but when I watched it again it just clicked.

Great film. My city actually hosts a Lebowski Fest that I have yet to attend.

Comment

6/10
            It's not trying to say anything, and there is no "message" to it.

Watch it again.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
              The fuck did you watch? What it's trying to say? I don't think there is any life altering metaphor behind it, dude (see what I did there!)

It's likely to be my all time favourite comedy. It is absolutely fucking hilarious.
              It's just like my opinion man!

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
              It's not trying to say anything, and there is no "message" to it.

Watch it again.
              I suppose what I meant was that I don't really get why it's so acclaimed. It didn't really seem to offer much new. I still enjoyed it though.
              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

I suppose what I meant was that I don't really get why it's so acclaimed. It didn't really seem to offer much new. I still enjoyed it though.
                Hype will ruin everything if you let it. The good news is the movie gets better with repeated viewings. You will pick up on small bits you missed the first and even second time around. Watch it for the character interaction and banter.

Comment

Working...
                X