Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet Appreciation Thread!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
    Big fan of Kate Winslet, and a huge fan of her in Revolutionary Road and Eternal Sunshine. I enjoyed Cate Blanchett in Babel and The Aviator.
    Kate Winslet and her blue hair was freakin' sexy.
    Plus when she lifted her skirt to flash her panties, I went from soft to diamond-cutting erection in 4.7 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by jmt225 View Post
      Love them both.

Cate Blanchett in Heaven, The Aviator, the Elizabeth films, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was simply phenomenal. And there are others, but those are my absolute favorites.

And as far as Winslet, I don't think I've seen anything from her that was a disappointment. I actually watched Revolutionary Road just the other day and she was incredible, as always.

Great, great actresses. Great thread.
      Nice post. Both actresses make there movies watchable. When the movie doesnt work too good...these women always manage to make u watch them with their performances.

Comment

"The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button"

What a fantastic movie!! A great fable! Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt oozed with terrific chemistry. A solid cast...great directing..and a sensational screenplay. This is a beautiful movie. Cate Blanchett is luminous, enchanting, and beautiful. Gorgeous performance by her. Brad Pitt was terrific. Taraji Henson,Julia Ormond, and Tilda Swinton were all terrific too. I think the women carry this movie with their performances. I loved how everything came together by the end . Very touching and heartbreaking...funny and dramatic..all throughout the movie. I am very happy Benjamin Button was awarded with 13 Oscar noms and winning 3 at least. My only gripe is that Cate Blanchett was grossly overlooked for a Best Actress nomination. Like i said before...I think her double nominations last year hurt her chances for this year.

A

Comment

"An Ideal Husband"...An entertaining romantic/comedy/drama starring Cate Blanchett,Minnie Driver,Rupert Everett,Julianne Moore, and Jeremy Northam. I think Northam was way better than Everett..and i found him sexier too. LOL!! Blanchett is always great to watch. Loved her character and her performance. Moore was fine with what she was given..and Minnie Driver was an absolute delight to watch. Today I Took a break from the thriller/horror movies..and watched action and drama today. This movie is very witty..with drama and comedy.

B

Comment

Cate is spawwwt on in Babel, Benjamin Button, a schnazzy villain in Indy4, and one sweet babe of a heart melter in Notes on a scandal.

And Kate is suppa' fly wife in Rev. Road, a strong sexual beast in the Reader, Titanic of courseof course, but Heavenly Creatures is the highlighted in neon colors note worthy Kate I thank'.

Both sensational actresses who have that vibe that messes with your emotions and stuff, them two fine as aged wine laddies make mainstream movies watch wortheh.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
              LOL!! Yes Blanchett has a very elegant and regal beauty about her. I also think she has the most dazzling eyes.
              And a huge head.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                And a huge head.
                She does? I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidTheCheese View Post
                  Cate is spawwwt on in Babel, Benjamin Button, a schnazzy villain in Indy4, and one sweet babe of a heart melter in Notes on a scandal.

And Kate is suppa' fly wife in Rev. Road, a strong sexual beast in the Reader, Titanic of courseof course, but Heavenly Creatures is the highlighted in neon colors note worthy Kate I thank'.

Both sensational actresses who have that vibe that messes with your emotions and stuff, them two fine as aged wine laddies make mainstream movies watch wortheh.
                  Awesome post!! Both women deliver outstanding emotional performances and they take u with them with those scenes.

Comment

love Winslet in Eternal Sunshine, great, great film.

Comment

Originally posted by justinmilkman87 View Post
                      love Winslet in Eternal Sunshine, great, great film.

Her Best Actress Oscar nom for that movie was very well deserved. I also still cant believe she even lost the Golden Globe for that movie. When her name was announced as a nominee...the whole room was whistling and yelling out for her...cheering her on. I cant remember who won the Globe that year for Comedy/Musical.

Comment

"Revolutionary Road".....A totally awesome drama starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio as a suburban couple in the mid 1950's. Both of them deliver outstanding emotional,subtle, and dramatic performances.I still cant believe Leo was overlooked. Also..the way the awards season was going..it looked as if Winslet was gonna win Supporting Actress for The Reader. Instead she was nommed for The Reader and won Best Actress. It was a solid year for actors and actress this past awards season..many were left out..such as DiCaprio and Blanchett for Benji Button. Anyways.....Rev. Road is terrific. The gorgeous costumes and art direction are superb. This movie really makes u think about relationships.The last scenes with Winslet are shocking and sad. Great movie...great performances...a must see!!

A

Comment

Damn!! I was hoping "Robin Hood" would have been released this year..but it wont be out till May 2010. Shit!! I was so hoping to see Blanchett and Crowe up for some nominations this coming awards season.

Comment

a wonderful thread. I am over the moon kate winslet finally snagged that best actress oscar this past year. now it is blanchetts turn for a lead actress win to go with her supporting win. I see cate blanchett picking another oscar up in 2 or 3 years on her next couple noms.

Comment

Cate Blanchett favorite flick- Pushing Tin, loved her cameo in Hot Fuzz

Kate Winslet favorite flick - Eternal Sunshine....

Both are great actresses but I'd have to say Winslet is my favorite of the two.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                                Cate Blanchett favorite flick- Pushing Tin, loved her cameo in Hot Fuzz

Kate Winslet favorite flick - Eternal Sunshine....

Both are great actresses but I'd have to say Winslet is my favorite of the two.
                                Ditto on Cate Blanchett for Pushing Tin one of my favorite movies of hers!

I love Kate Winslet in Neverland the best hands down!! I also think she was good a being the woman you wanted to hate in "The Reader"! She is one of the best actresses in the business with much staying power.

Thank for starting this thread!!

Comment

Working...
                                X