Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet Appreciation Thread!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by cheluvshorror View Post
    Ditto on Cate Blanchett for Pushing Tin one of my favorite movies of hers!

    I love Kate Winslet in Neverland the best hands down!! I also think she was good a being the woman you wanted to hate in "The Reader"! She is one of the best actresses in the business with much staying power.

    Thank for starting this thread!!

    Your welcome. I love Winslet in Finding Neverland. She should have been a double Oscar nominee that Oscar year (2004/2005). Supporting for Finding Neverland and Lead Actress for Eternal Sunshine(she snagged that nom). I also love Blanchett in "Pushing Tin". The woman carried that movie and was the standout.

    Both actresses are outstanding and are 2 of my faves. But I think Blanchett is the better dramatic/technical actress. Her range in roles and performances is broader than Winslet too.

    Comment


    • #32
      That is true of Blanchett!

      Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
      Your welcome. I love Winslet in Finding Neverland. She should have been a double Oscar nominee that Oscar year (2004/2005). Supporting for Finding Neverland and Lead Actress for Eternal Sunshine(she snagged that nom). I also love Blanchett in "Pushing Tin". The woman carried that movie and was the standout.

      Both actresses are outstanding and are 2 of my faves. But I think Blanchett is the better dramatic/technical actress. Her range in roles and performances is broader than Winslet too.
      I just tend to care more for Kate's roles. Both are great to look at and I look forward to whatever comes next for them!

      Comment


      • #33
        It would be a dream come true if Blanchett and Winslet were both in a movie together. Holy fuck..that would be PURE GOLD!!

        Earlier this year for the Oscars ..I thought my 2 current fave actresses would be going against eachother for Best Actress. Winslet for The Reader and Blanchett for Benjamin Button. Oh man..that would have been hell on my nerves! LOL!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Pure Heaven that is fur Sure!!

          Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
          It would be a dream come true if Blanchett and Winslet were both in a movie together. Holy fuck..that would be PURE GOLD!!

          Earlier this year for the Oscars ..I thought my 2 current fave actresses would be going against eachother for Best Actress. Winslet for The Reader and Blanchett for Benjamin Button. Oh man..that would have been hell on my nerves! LOL!!
          You are so cool for respecting these actresses for their acting merits and not just their illuminating beautiful looks. One of us should write a script for them. What genre of film would you want them to be in? How about a horror flick for a change! Cate Blanchett was great in the movie "The Gift". Do you remember it? That was a psychological thriller more than a horror film.

          What are your thoughts...get to work!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by cheluvshorror View Post
            You are so cool for respecting these actresses for their acting merits and not just their illuminating beautiful looks. One of us should write a script for them. What genre of film would you want them to be in? How about a horror flick for a change! Cate Blanchett was great in the movie "The Gift". Do you remember it? That was a psychological thriller more than a horror film.

            What are your thoughts...get to work!
            Thank you. I would love for Winslet to do a thriller. I think it is the only genre she hasn't touched down upon yet. Of course I remember Blanchett in "The Gift". That woman is frickin' SOLID in that movie. Beautifully done performance (Oscar nominated worthy too I might mention) and such a natural and real bond with the 3 boys she costarred with.

            Comment


            • #36
              Cate does rock!!

              Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
              Thank you. I would love for Winslet to do a thriller. I think it is the only genre she hasn't touched down upon yet. Of course I remember Blanchett in "The Gift". That woman is frickin' SOLID in that movie. Beautifully done performance (Oscar nominated worthy too I might mention) and such a natural and real bond with the 3 boys she costarred with.
              Most definitely! I guess we are the only ones who enjoy truly classy actresses! Who would be your favorite actors?

              Mine would be Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacey, Christian Bale, Patrick Wilson as of late.

              I would love to see Kate in horror film! I bought The Holiday yesterday with her and Jack Black! Great film! Have you "scene" it?

              Comment


              • #37
                Was Cate Blanchett in The Missing or was that Kate Beckensale. I think it was Blanchett.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ScrotumSteve View Post
                  Was Cate Blanchett in The Missing or was that Kate Beckensale. I think it was Blanchett.
                  Blanchett all way! Very good movie!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    FUN FACT:

                    Cate Blanchett is Simon Pegg's anonymous Crime Scene Technician girlfriend in HOT FUZZ.
                    www.welcometoFC.com

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ScrotumSteve View Post
                      Was Cate Blanchett in The Missing or was that Kate Beckensale. I think it was Blanchett.
                      It was Blanchett. Love her in The Missing. Its too bad that movie didnt get more recognition.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                        It was Blanchett. Love her in The Missing. Its too bad that movie didnt get more recognition.
                        Really good movies with true intelligence and great acting never do. Okay not all the time, but in a sea of overly saturated films it is easy to miss great pieces of cinematic art.
                        Last edited by cheluvshorror; 11-25-2009, 12:24 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by cheluvshorror View Post
                          Most definitely! I guess we are the only ones who enjoy truly classy actresses! Who would be your favorite actors?

                          Mine would be Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacey, Christian Bale, Patrick Wilson as of late.

                          I would love to see Kate in horror film! I bought The Holiday yesterday with her and Jack Black! Great film! Have you "scene" it?
                          Yep..I have The Holiday. Winslet and Black were awesome together..and its actually one of the only roles I can tolerate Jack Black. LOL!! As for fave actors...I have many. Harrison Ford,Marlon Brando, Liam Neeson,Kevin Kline...etc.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                            Yep..I have The Holiday. Winslet and Black were awesome together..and its actually one of the only roles I can tolerate Jack Black. LOL!! As for fave actors...I have many. Harrison Ford,Marlon Brando, Liam Neeson,Kevin Kline...etc.
                            Jack Black can get obnoxious, but I love him as much as Jim Carey. I love their comedic genius, in my humble opinion.

                            You really have great taste in actors. Do you like Kevin Spacey or Laura Linney? They are my two favorites, besides Kate W. and Paul Giamatti.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                              Yep..I have The Holiday. Winslet and Black were awesome together..and its actually one of the only roles I can tolerate Jack Black. LOL!! As for fave actors...I have many. Harrison Ford,Marlon Brando, Liam Neeson,Kevin Kline...etc.
                              Jack Black can get obnoxious, but I love him as much as Jim Carey. I love their comedic genius, in my humble opinion.

                              You really have great taste in actors. Do you like Kevin Spacey or Laura Linney? They are my two favorites, besides Kate W. and Paul Giamatti.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                what still irks me is the 1999 Oscar show where gwenyth paltrow won best actress for (shakespeare in love) over cate blanchett for (elizabeth). like what the hell were the voters thinking? that oscar belonged to blanchett. to hell with paltrow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X