Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
    Good to hear. Thought the last few seasons have been the epitome of focus though.

[SPOILER]Those zombie fuckers show up yet?[/SPOILER]
    We've had a scene or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      We've had a scene or two.

Good shit

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Man I dont know what it is...I like GOT but i find myself fast forwarding it when i actually sit down and re-watch it...

Comment

I think this season seems more focused and I'm really enjoying it.
          I'm on the other end. I think it's probably the worst season so far. Not that it's bad, I'm just not feeling the weight of anything that's going on. Even [SPOILER]Joffery's death[/SPOILER] was pretty anti-climactic. Bran's storyline does nothing for me either. Same with the mutineers arc. I like watching The Hound/Arya stuff, but the rest has been kind of meh.

I've heard there are still a lot of big things to go down, so I might change my mind when it's over.

Comment

I think this season seems more focused and I'm really enjoying it.

The show just keeps getting better and better over time. Despite some arguments that it's a little slow at the moment, I'd refute that it's stronger than it's ever been. If anything, I think they needed to slow down a little and give us some more focus on character. The only arc that I'm not enjoying so much at the moment is the Daenarys one, which I feel is a little back-and-forth and somewhat repetitive. Other than that, top notch season so far!

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            Even [SPOILER]Joffery's death[/SPOILER] was pretty anti-climactic. Bran's storyline does nothing for me either. Same with the mutineers arc. I like watching The Hound/Arya stuff, but the rest has been kind of meh.
            I liked that, though. I thought that the whole point of it was that it was an anti-climactic death. I mean, after all it was a feeble and swift assassination when the character's guard was down. There was barely any catharsis in it, but if there had been it would have felt a little safe in my opinion. As for the Bran storyline, there's obviously an indication that big things are on the way for him, so a little time-killing for now isn't such a problem.

I've heard there are still a lot of big things to go down, so I might change my mind when it's over.
            If they finish off the third book this season, there's certainly big things a-comin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
              I liked that, though. I thought that the whole point of it was that it was an anti-climactic death. I mean, after all it was a feeble and swift assassination when the character's guard was down.
              I think it was because there was no real build up to it, like the big events from past seasons, and the mystery behind it was solved too quickly.

I heard one of the creators saying that this season is a bunch of Ep. 9's, to which I'm not sure how well it will go down. The shocking events are less shocking, if they become too frequent. That hasn't been the case so far though. I have a feeling something big is going down tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                I think it was because there was no real build up to it, like the big events from past seasons, and the mystery behind it was solved too quickly.
                Even though I don't agree, I think that's a fair criticism and can see why some people might think that. I personally liked how matter-of-fact it was. You could argue that the Red Wedding didn't have much of a build up either other than the fact you knew there was bad blood between the Stark's and the Frey's from like two seasons before. Seemed like there was barely a man in Westeros who didn't want Joffrey dead, so naturally it was only a matter of time before someone picked him off - and in that regard I feel that there was a build up of sorts.

I heard one of the creators saying that this season is a bunch of Ep. 9's, to which I'm not sure how well it will go down. The shocking events are less shocking, if they become too frequent. That hasn't been the case so far though. I have a feeling something big is going down tonight.
                Well, we're mid-season already and we haven't had a bunch of Ep. 9's, so sounds like pre-season hype to me. In regards to things becoming less shocking, I think it's just a testament to the futility of it all, which I feel has always been the essence of the show. Sometimes the deaths are shocking, sometimes they're completely unceremonious - but it's all part of this vicious world and time period R.R. Martin is playing with.

Comment

• As if we needed another reason to hate Shea. That scene kind of highlighted my problem with this season. Not enough development to give that scene the impact it deserved. It was supposed to be this huge emotional scene, and it just kind of fell flat for me. It might be more because I never bought into their relationship in the first place though.

Still a great episode though, with Tyrion giving one of the series' best speeches. He's a dwarf who has had enough of all the bullshit, and finally let everyone in that shithole of a city know how he truly felt.

I've never read the books, but in case I'm somewhere in the ballpark, I'll tag my prediction. [SPOILER]my guess is that Tyrion will call on Bronn to fight for him, but Bronn will have already been paid off by the Lannisters to either fight for them, or leave the city. Jamie, against his father's pleas, will end up fighting for Tyrion and lose. Both Jamie and Tyrion will die in this season's "HOLY SHIT, WTF?!?" moment. [/SPOILER]

Comment

I've never read the books, but in case I'm somewhere in the ballpark, I'll tag my prediction. [SPOILER]my guess is that Tyrion will call on Bronn to fight for him, but Bronn will have already been paid off by the Lannisters to either fight for them, or leave the city. Jamie, against his father's pleas, will end up fighting for Tyrion and lose. Both Jamie and Tyrion will die in this season's "HOLY SHIT, WTF?!?" moment. [/SPOILER]
                    There's a holy shit moment, but that's not it.

Comment

As if we needed another reason to hate Shea. That scene kind of highlighted my problem with this season. Not enough development to give that scene the impact it deserved.
                      I think your problem still might be addressed in the coming episodes, because from what I remember, there's a little more to it than what was presented.

Still a great episode though, with Tyrion giving one of the series' best speeches. He's a dwarf who has had enough of all the bullshit, and finally let everyone in that shithole of a city know how he truly felt.
                      I almost fist pumped the air when he delivered that speech. Tyrion is taking shit from no-one now. It was a great moment, and a brilliant performance by Dinklage.

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      There's a holy shit moment, but that's not it.
                      Oh, boy, oh boy! It's gonna be huge. Can't wait.
                      Last edited by The Devil's Lyric; 05-12-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Tyrion's speech at the end...chills.

What a masterful actor!

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                          Tyrion's speech at the end...chills.

What a masterful actor!
                          Yep. Give him the Emmy right now!

Comment

• Great episode tonight. It looks like there's still some hope left for my favorite dwarf.

2 weeks until the next episode? FUCK....THAT!

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                              Great episode tonight. It looks like there's still some hope left for my favorite dwarf.

2 weeks until the next episode? FUCK....THAT!
                              What's going on next week? Why do they do this?

I'm not caught up with Game of Thrones but they did the same shit with True Detective earlier this year and it made me so fucking angry.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                                What's going on next week? Why do they do this?
                                To piss people off? Fuck if I know...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Working...
                                X