The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DevilDriving View Post
    I wouldnt call Hardy "big", he has a cut physique but the guy is 5'9-5'10, unless he is going to wear atleast a 3-4 inch heel he isnt going to look as imposing as Bane should be, no matter how much he does the generic bad guy "wide sway walk" ala Kane Hodder's Jason.
    Yeah, they definitely should've picked someone taller. Bale is about 6 feet, so Batman is going to be taller than Bane?

You can be cut as shit, but if you're a dwarf....how imposing can you be?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
      Yeah it was super awesome when begins ends like that but it was still a movie and a series that was seen as a "comic book" movie and when Heath was cast and that initial image was released people were losing faith in the project and it wasn't till trailers started coming that people started getting excited again and then when he died it generated more audience for sure but the quality of the movie is what I think made it so successful and besides some negative remarks about Hathaway around the web the buzz for TDKR has been nothing but up/up/up.
      Regardless of this films mediocrity, which I think it will be, people are going to shit pants over it. Ledgers performance made TDK what it was, and I can guarantee we are not going to get a similar performance out of a big dude behind a mask. Bale is no great actor either. It will be a solid action flick and a fine wrap to the trilogy but nothing that is going to shake the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
        Regardless of this films mediocrity, which I think it will be, people are going to shit pants over it. Ledgers performance made TDK what it was, and I can guarantee we are not going to get a similar performance out of a big dude behind a mask. Bale is no great actor either. It will be a solid action flick and a fine wrap to the trilogy but nothing that is going to shake the ground.
        .....Didn't Bale just win an Oscar?

I know I know "oscars don't count they are rigged blah blah blah"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE DEMON OF THORN View Post
          .....Didn't Bale just win an Oscar
          DUDE OSCARS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!

Comment

• Oscar winners definitely make a good Batman....

hmmmmm?

Comment

• All this talk of Hardy being built, might be for naught. Apparently, Shia Labeouf beat him up.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...#ixzz1Rv6YqAGn

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/9775...a_labeouf.html

Comment

• Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                Oscar winners definitely make a good Batman....

hmmmmm?
                Hahahaha I believe that Clooney could have made a great batman...He just unfortunately got casted in the worst movie of a horrible franchise. Christian is a great actor though. He really does get lost in his role sometime i mean look at him when he needs to lose weight for a role he goes overboard. He is one of the few actors out there that can get lost inside his character (much how bruce gets lost inside of batman) Hell he was giving it his all even in shitty movies like Terminator Salvation.

Comment

Bale is no great actor either.
                  Bale isn't a good actor? How did you come up with that opinion, professor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                    All this talk of Hardy being built, might be for naught. Apparently, Shia Labeouf beat him up.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...#ixzz1Rv6YqAGn

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/9775...a_labeouf.html

Maybe Labeouf should play Bane.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                      Yeah it was super awesome when begins ends like that but it was still a movie and a series that was seen as a "comic book" movie and when Heath was cast and that initial image was released people were losing faith in the project and it wasn't till trailers started coming that people started getting excited again and then when he died it generated more audience for sure but the quality of the movie is what I think made it so successful and besides some negative remarks about Hathaway around the web the buzz for TDKR has been nothing but up/up/up.
                      Actually the hype for the film started well over a year before it's release with arguably the best marketing a film has ever seen. Not only what they did with Comic Con, but everything revolving around the Joker mindset just made fans more eager. You're forgetting that the first viral site for the film was released around May of '07.

Regardless of what happens with this film, it will sell tickets and it will come close to TDK in the box office. It being the last of Nolan's films, it may even do better for the simple fact that people will never get to see a Nolan batfilm in theaters again. Nostalgia. Will it make Harry Potter money? No. But it will do close to, if not better than TDK.

Comment

• Originally posted by menasyng View Post
                        Actually the hype for the film started well over a year before it's release with arguably the best marketing a film has ever seen. Not only what they did with Comic Con, but everything revolving around the Joker mindset just made fans more eager. You're forgetting that the first viral site for the film was released around May of '07.

Regardless of what happens with this film, it will sell tickets and it will come close to TDK in the box office. It being the last of Nolan's films, it may even do better for the simple fact that people will never get to see a Nolan batfilm in theaters again. Nostalgia. Will it make Harry Potter money? No. But it will do close to, if not better than TDK.
                        Pretty much this ^. TDK made a shit load of money off the get-go because of the marketing campaign, which was amazing. Sadly they aren't using the same company this time around...which is a pity, really.

I don't have high expectations because I rarely do with any film. It will be great, no doubt, but I think TDK's praise was a fluke and a one-trick pony (Batman Begins made what, like $400m in total?). It was a wicked movie, but some of the magic is dead. The marketing isn't there and neither is an infamous villain.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                          Maybe Labeouf should play Bane.

Dammit, you beat me to the joke..........

Comment

• Bale is an awesome actor.

Nuff said.

Comment

Bale is no great actor either.
                              You haven't seen "The Fighter" yet have you?
                              “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X