The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    I really just don't want a female villain. Boring romance tends to follow. I think The Riddler is a slam dunk, although I could see Nolan avoiding him, because he could come off too similar to the Joker.

You absolutely can not have an unknown villain to cap the trilogy off. Al Ghul made enough people scratch their heads. I always thought one of the earlier rumours was awesome, and that was having Phillip Seymore Hoffman play the Penguin. Don't know how they'd work the character into Nolan's world, but I love the idea of Hoffman playing the role.
    I agree with much of this. As Nolan has been hinting, this next film will serve as the final chapter in his version of Batman. It will be the end of an arc, in other words. He may introduce one new villain, but I can't see him throwing more than that at us at this point. The Joker may return, he may not (as I said above... touchy subject). The Riddler may come into play, he may not (As Heretic said, he's somewhat similar to The Joker and would possibly be too big of a villain to introduce this late in the trilogy). The key, I think, will be how easily this entry progresses past The Dark Knight. I don't think Nolan would make The Penguin a villain because I believe I read he specifically debunked him as too fantastical as a villain (along with Catwoman) even prior to making The Dark Knight.

Phillip Seymore Hoffman is great in everything though.

Comment

I really just don't want a female villain. Boring romance tends to follow. I think The Riddler is a slam dunk, although I could see Nolan avoiding him, because he could come off too similar to the Joker.

You absolutely can not have an unknown villain to cap the trilogy off. Al Ghul made enough people scratch their heads. I always thought one of the earlier rumours was awesome, and that was having Phillip Seymore Hoffman play the Penguin. Don't know how they'd work the character into Nolan's world, but I love the idea of Hoffman playing the role.
      I agree with your points. Also, I think Hoffman would be an ideal choice if Nolan goes that route. I wonder if the Scarecrow is out of commission for this one I have enjoyed the character in these two films even though he basically had a cameo in TDK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim Reaper Roper View Post
        I agree with your points. Also, I think Hoffman would be an ideal choice if Nolan goes that route. I wonder if the Scarecrow is out of commission for this one I have enjoyed the character in these two films even though he basically had a cameo in TDK.
        Again, I'm pretty sure I heard Nolan debunk him earlier on. He may have changed his mind over the years, but I beleive he'll try to find a villain that fits the quasi-realistic, "Nolan" he's crafted from Begins/TDK a bit better.

Here's the closest thing I could find to the article I read years ago: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/no-ca...atman-sequels/

David Goyer: Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie, we used Ras Al Ghul and the Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the 60s TV show before.

There are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says its got to be the Penguin or Catwoman [in the next film] well I completely disagree

Comment

I really just don't want a female villain. Boring romance tends to follow.
          Good point, especially with Rachel out of the picture.

I think The Riddler is a slam dunk, although I could see Nolan avoiding him, because he could come off too similar to the Joker.
          I heard a long time back that he might be a cyber terrorist, but if Nolan still goes in that direction remains to be seen.

Comment

• I really don't want to see another Christopher Nolan directed Batman movie.

He's had two films..... just like Burton and Schumacher.

I'm tired of his 'realistic' version of Gotham. It's extremely boring and has been played out now.

What I would like to see is a Batman movie done in the style of Sin City (2005) or Watchmen (2009). Maybe an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. So sue me.

And no one could beat Michelle Pfieffer as Catwoman.
            Last edited by CountOrlok; 05-03-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• I would personally love to see Kate Bekinsale as Catwoman... and absolutely NO ROBIN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                Good point, especially with Rachel out of the picture.

I heard a long time back that he might be a cyber terrorist, but if Nolan still goes in that direction remains to be seen.
                Thats a interesting take on the riddler character. If done right the riddler could be awesome but it would also like others have said be very easy to make him a joker clone.

Didn't I read somewhere that Nolan hates the penguin character?
                [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

• Originally, they were going to make a sequel to Batman & Robin called Batman Triumphant. The villains were going to be Scarecrow and Harley Quinn.

It'd be cool if they returned to that because I'd like to see Scarecrow as the main villain. And Harley Quinn is a fan favourite.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                    I really don't want to see another Christopher Nolan directed Batman movie.

He's had two films..... just like Burton and Schumacher.
                    Yeah, but unlike those two, he hasn't completely fucked it all up yet.

I agree with the Scarecrow being involved somehow. Personally, I liked the character in BB, but he did come of a bit weak. I think it'd be cool if he evolved, or his science evolved, and he could make drugs that he can control, and use on himself for an upper hand. Something along the lines of making him a physical threat to Batman.

It's too bad they made him so young. I'd like to see more of an older genuis-type play Scarecrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                      Originally, they were going to make a sequel to Batman & Robin called Batman Triumphant. The villains were going to be Scarecrow and Harley Quinn.
                      That would have been an epic fail.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      I think he surpassed both of them.

Comment

I agree with the Scarecrow being involved somehow. Personally, I liked the character in BB, but he did come of a bit weak. I think it'd be cool if he evolved, or his science evolved, and he could make drugs that he can control, and use on himself for an upper hand. Something along the lines of making him a physical threat to Batman.

It's too bad they made him so young. I'd like to see more of an older genuis-type play Scarecrow.
                        I agree he hasnt fucked it up yet. His Batman still has a lot more steam left in him. If Nolan just leaves this as a trilogy least we wont have to suffer more campy batman movies... Although money talks and if Nolan dosent completely kill off batman or something like that we are bound to see some other incarnation of the caped crusader. Love the Nolan films and Tim burtons. I kinda like Batman forever but thats pure nostalgia
                        Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                          That would have been an epic fail.

I think he surpassed both of them.

yeah lets hold our breath though isnt the third movie in a comic book adaptation always epic fail.
                          [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

• Originally posted by legionsOFtheDEAD View Post
                            yeah lets hold our breath though isnt the third movie in a comic book adaptation always epic fail.
                            Nah, not if Nolan has a say in the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim Reaper Roper View Post
                              I agree 100%

I read an interview with Nolan a few weeks ago and he said there was no way Mr. Freeze would be in it.
                              I wonder why not? well he should bring in Harley Quinn to take over for the joker in a way if decides to still use the Joker story in 3. Though no matter what i hope he brings back Scarecrow for longer than 5mins

Comment

• Well, even if my input goes rather ignored around these parts...

Originally posted by Do0kie89 View Post
                                I agree he hasnt fucked it up yet. His Batman still has a lot more steam left in him. If Nolan just leaves this as a trilogy least we wont have to suffer more campy batman movies... Although money talks and if Nolan dosent completely kill off batman or something like that we are bound to see some other incarnation of the caped crusader. Love the Nolan films and Tim burtons. I kinda like Batman forever but thats pure nostalgia
                                I think the fact that he is directing big, rather original films in between all of his Batman projects proves that he will most likely move on after Batman 3. I'd like to him just cap off his version of Batman after Bats 3, but NOT kill off Bruce Wayne. I'd like to see him give the character and story some sort of conclusion, but also leave the door cracked a bit for other filmmakers and creative teams can come in and make future sequels, those fourth and so on films you are talking about.

The Bats universe is pretty darn huge and there’s a lot of room to move for future filmmakers, as long as we don’t get stuck with Brett Ratner or worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X