The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
    I have to disagree on this Joker backstory thing....I thought the point of those stories he told was that they were untrue, because doesn't he also tell a completely different story of where the scars came from?
    Pretty sure he tells 2 completely different stories in that movie.......
    Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Or maybe it was the wife story? Or the story he was about to tell Batman, before he threw him over the edge?

The Joker was just insane, and had no real backstory. He was just messing with people when he explained how he got the scars. We never find out what the real story is behind them. His character was defined by the unknown motivations that made him what he is.
    This.
    Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
      I have to disagree on this Joker backstory thing....I thought the point of those stories he told was that they were untrue, because doesn't he also tell a completely different story of where the scars came from?
      Pretty sure he tells 2 completely different stories in that movie.......
      How this have gone over some people's heads is completely baffling to me.

Yes, he told a different story every time. He was insane. He liked messing with people. He even says "wanna know how I got these scars" right before Batman throws him out of the building.

I thought this was common knowledge...

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        I thought this was common knowledge...
        Me too..

I'd be all for the inclusion of a lesbian scene between Juno Temple and Anne Hathaway complete with full strap-on penetration. It's the only addition that could put this film on the level of the first two.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Out on DVD and Blu-ray December 4th!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ght-rises.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
            Out on DVD and Blu-ray December 4th!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ght-rises.html
            I'm gonna pass on this one. Warner Bros also announced that they'll be releasing "The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition" sometime in 2013.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
            Jurassic World - 7/10
            Speed - 8.5/10
            John Wick - 9.5/10
            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• "The Dark Knight Rises".....Not a huge fan of any of the Batman movies(old and new), but this was pretty damn good. Christian Bale is awesome in the role, as is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Anne Hathaway was hit and miss for me. The production,special effects,direction, and cinematography are all solid. I loved the twist with Marion Cottillard's character. Damn bitch!! LOL!!

9/10

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]4BjTsjgk3Lg[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Gotta pick this up when it comes out. I must see it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    Gotta pick this up when it comes out. I must see it again.
                    Me too. Plus, it will be nice to own the Blu-ray to show off to your buddies with the sonic earthquake the DTS-HD-track offers.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                      Me too. Plus, it will be nice to own the Blu-ray to show off to your buddies with the sonic earthquake the DTS-HD-track offers.
                      Yeah... and I want to like this film more. I know it will grow on me, but it did not leave an impression on me AT ALL since its release. Great action but I found it way overpacked and unfocused, I honestly don't remember a whole lot about it other than it was really loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        Gotta pick this up when it comes out. I must see it again.
                        Agreed.

I'll be getting the Blu box set of the trilogy. You'd think they're would have to be one. I remember seeing Begins in the cinemas. I didn't like it too much but I was around 13 back then I think so I assume a lot of it went over my head.
                        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• I must own this on Blu-ray. I thought the sound effects were great and I'm sure it looks amazing. The release couldn't come any sooner.
                          B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]WQJuGeqdbn4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• ^

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                              Jurassic World - 7/10
                              Speed - 8.5/10
                              John Wick - 9.5/10
                              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• The honest trailers are horribly unfunny. This includes films I hate like The Hunger Games.

Comment

Working...
                                X