Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Robin spinoff? I don't even think Francis Ford Coppola could sell that to a studio.

    If I had my way for a reboot, I'd reach out to the Batman: The Animated Series, and Arkham City guys, to pen it. Those guys know Batman better than anyone.
    THIS RIGHT FUCKING HERE!!!!

    I love this franchise but just imagine what Paul Dini and Bruce Timm could come up with. I really wish WB would get these guys to do all DC adaptations in the future.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      Robin spinoff? I don't even think Francis Ford Coppola could sell that to a studio.

      If I had my way for a reboot, I'd reach out to the Batman: The Animated Series, and Arkham City guys, to pen it. Those guys know Batman better than anyone.
      David S Goyer would probably pen the screenplay and Joseph would probably be open to returning as Robin i'm just saying I would watch it!

      As far as the reboot that's right on Bruce Timm is amazing.

      Comment


      • Even Micheal Caine believes the Cafe scene is legit.

        http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...es-final-scene

        Enough of this dream sequence nonsense.


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Even Micheal Caine believes the Cafe scene is legit.

          http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...es-final-scene

          Enough of this dream sequence nonsense.
          I'm just going off what both Nolans said about the ending. They both say it's up to the viewer to decide what happened.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            Sounds like an excuse for the impossible scenario of Batman escaping a nuclear explosion in less than five seconds.
            He obviously wasn't in it as it was carrying the bomb. Remember the auto pilot was fixed. Also wasn't there more than one "bat"?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
              I'm just going off what both Nolans said about the ending. They both say it's up to the viewer to decide what happened.
              I haven't watched any extra features, but really? If so, they fucked it up, 'cause that didn't translate in any way whatsoever.


              Comment


              • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                He obviously wasn't in it as it was carrying the bomb. Remember the auto pilot was fixed. Also wasn't there more than one "bat"?
                They showed him still in the bat as he was going over water they could have at least said it had an escape pod.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  I haven't watched any extra features, but really? If so, they fucked it up, 'cause that didn't translate in any way whatsoever.
                  I definitely didn't get that feel to it at all.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                    Fair enough. I don't know much about nukes, it'd just seems like one that close would do something. If nothing else maybe just the fallout from it.
                    I haven't seen it yet myself, hope to rent it soon tho.

                    So guessing a bit, you could get 6-12 foot swells for a few miles maybe, but if over water, it would also "crater" the water so it would rush in as well as send waves out a bit, it would also make the area uninhabitable for a few weeks to several decades depending on what fisionable material was used.
                    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                      He obviously wasn't in it as it was carrying the bomb. Remember the auto pilot was fixed. Also wasn't there more than one "bat"?
                      I don't know, but if so, he was clearly in the one holding the bomb. The way it's edited, there is no way any rational human being would think, "Oh', he must be in the other batwing".
                      Last edited by Heretic; 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        I don't know, but if so, he was clearly in the one holding the bomb. The way it's edited, there is no way any rational human being would think, "Oh', he must be in the other batwing".
                        My thinking was they just did that for dramatic effect to make the viewers think he died. I don't honestly think he was in it at all. They wouldn't have brought up the auto pilot not working the 40 times during the movie like they did if it wasn't going to pay off in some way

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          I haven't watched any extra features, but really? If so, they fucked it up, 'cause that didn't translate in any way whatsoever.
                          It wasn't in the special features as I don't have the blu-ray yet but I read it in some article a few weeks/months ago.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                            My thinking was they just did that for dramatic effect to make the viewers think he died. I don't honestly think he was in it at all. They wouldn't have brought up the auto pilot not working the 40 times during the movie like they did if it wasn't going to pay off in some way
                            He blew up buildings at the scene where Joseph thought it was the bomb going off there is no way auto-pilot would of fired rockets to clear the way.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                              My thinking was they just did that for dramatic effect to make the viewers think he died. I don't honestly think he was in it at all. They wouldn't have brought up the auto pilot not working the 40 times during the movie like they did if it wasn't going to pay off in some way
                              I see what you're saying, but the way it's presented on film is a total failure, if that's what they were going for.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                He blew up buildings at the scene where Joseph thought it was the bomb going off there is no way auto-pilot would of fired rockets to clear the way.
                                Didn't the Tumbler drive itself and shoot in the beginning of the Dark Knight?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X