The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    I see what you're saying, but the way it's presented on film is a total failure, if that's what they were going for.
    Lol it worked fine for me. But I'm a simpleton so what do I know

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
      Didn't the Tumbler drive itself and shoot in the beginning of the Dark Knight?
      Nope. I think you're thinking of Bond, James Bond.

The first time we see the tumbler in action, Bruce is driving it in the testing facility. Oh' wait, that's BB. In TDK, they show it has some commands, like "Intimidate", but that's about it. It has an "auto-bat-pod" mode though. LOL.
      Last edited by Heretic; 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Didn't the Tumbler drive itself and shoot in the beginning of the Dark Knight?
        I don't recall it shooting by itself but with that weaving in between buildings it would have to be the greatest auto-pilot ever granted it could very well be it is batman

The way I saw it he was totally in it and either bailed and swam or had an escape pod.
        <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
        R.I.P.

Comment

Nope. I think you're thinking of Bond, James Bond.

The first time we see the tumbler in action, Bruce is driving it in the testing facility. Oh' wait, that's BB. In TDK, they show it has some commands, like "Intimidate", but that's about it. It has an "auto-bat-pod" mode though. LOL.
          He's clearly not in it when it drives into where all the thugs are though and it shoots. Batman kind of has a history of vehicles that can operate themselves.

Comment

• With all this banter, I think I'm going to watch it again in the next five minutes, or tomorrow. I know I missed some things the first time through. Maybe I'll "get it" this time around. It's happened before, and I still don't want to believe Nolan fucked this up.

Comment

With all this banter, I think I'm going to watch it again in the next five minutes, or tomorrow. I know I missed some things the first time through. Maybe I'll "get it" this time around. It's happened before, and I still don't want to believe Nolan fucked this up.
              There are definitely things to take issue with and it's not perfect but I still think it's a great film.
              If you don't love it or if you don't even like it there's nothing wrong with that.
              I just feel sorry for the next guy that has to follow up Nolan's series with a new Batman. Although I'm sure people said the same thing with Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

Comment

Put it this way. With BB and TDK, I can count on one hand how many "iffy" moments are in them. With TDKR, I would lose count. Sure, you could pick apart BB and TDK if you really tried, but with TDKR, you wouldn't have to try. It would be effortless.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie(and I'm still hoping it will get better the more I watch it), but I don't know how anyone(especially fans of the franchise), can ignore the vast amount of problems and inconsistancies with this one, compared to the previous two.

If Nolan came out and said "This is going to be way different, and have more of an anything goes, over the top comicbook feel to it. Logic is thrown out the window", I would look at TDKR in a different light. He didn't though, so I can only conclude that Nolan kind of dropped the ball with this one. He got a bit lazy in the writing process, and cared a lot less about connecting all the dots.
                Pretty much sums up how I feel too.I have a long,lomg lost of "iffy,gtfo" of here moments in this movie.BB and TDK were grounded in some type of reality,this one seemed to defy logic every other scene.

I enjoyed it a lot still despite that,just was a bit of a letdown to me.Tough task following the TDK,pretty much anything he did wouldn't have compared.

On a side note I really enjoyed both Bane and Catwoman,both Hardy and Hathaway impressed me.
                Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Torrance View Post
                  Pretty much sums up how I feel too.I have a long,lomg lost of "iffy,gtfo" of here moments in this movie.BB and TDK were grounded in some type of reality,this one seemed to defy logic every other scene.

I enjoyed it a lot still despite that,just was a bit of a letdown to me.Tough task following the TDK,pretty much anything he did wouldn't have compared.

On a side note I really enjoyed both Bane and Catwoman,both Hardy and Hathaway impressed me.
                  This one did have more a comic book feel than the last two did.

Comment

This one did have more a comic book feel than the last two did.
                    On another note,after all those inmates were released,how badass would it have been to have shown a shot of the jokers empty sell with possibly just a card or outfit left there.All other characters were given continuity,he just seemed to be completely forgotten about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      The point I made is sure Alfred can imagine Bruce at that Cafe but Selina Kyle was with him why would Alfred imagine her with him when she was alive if it's a nod that he's dead. It kinda proves he survived if she was with him.
                      What I'm saying is; Alfred told Bruce, in the "Bat Cave", he imagined Bruce with a woman, happy. He never said anything to Bruce, and Bruce never said anything to him. So at the end we see Bruce, happy, and with a woman (Kyle).

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      Sounds like an excuse for the impossible scenario of Batman escaping a nuclear explosion in less than five seconds.
                      Auto-pilot.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      Even Micheal Caine believes the Cafe scene is legit.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...es-final-scene

Enough of this dream sequence nonsense.
                      Thank you! He wasn't imagining anything. The first scene where Alfred was across from Bruce and unidentified woman, THAT was him imagining.
                      B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

On another note,after all those inmates were released,how badass would it have been to have shown a shot of the jokers empty sell with possibly just a card or outfit left there.All other characters were given continuity,he just seemed to be completely forgotten about.
                        You can't tease the fans like that...that would've comepletely thrown off the story line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
                          You can't tease the fans like that...that would've comepletely thrown off the story line.
                          Not necessarily,you let out all the criminals,hell even Scarecrow who really didn't fit in with the story line.Would have been just a little wink,most people obviously knew he wasn't going to be able to get him into the flick any other way

Comment

• If you remember, Scarecrow wasn't the actual villain in BB. He pretty much led the underworld of Gotham, as he's basically doing in TDK and TDKR. I just don't think The Joker would've fit in this movie at all. But that could be just me. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
                              If you remember, Scarecrow wasn't the actual villain in BB. He pretty much led the underworld of Gotham, as he's basically doing in TDK and TDKR. I just don't think The Joker would've fit in this movie at all. But that could be just me. haha
                              True but he was a villain,and not just a run of the mill criminal.It could just me to thinking a little nod to the joker would have been cool.I just feel he was such a huge character and not to mention him whatsoever was odd.

Im real curious where they go next when another Batman does get made,I almost can't wait even though it'll be tough to top Nolans.

Comment

I just feel he was such a huge character and not to mention him whatsoever was odd.
                                Everybody's focus was on the Batman. He became the villain the moment the movie ended when he took the blame for Dent's death.

Im real curious where they go next when another Batman does get made,I almost can't wait even though it'll be tough to top Nolans.
                                I highly doubt we'll get another Batman film any time soon. Nolan did such a good job, and basically covered the major plot points from the comics, so I can't see another being made for some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X