The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
    I can't even explain the disappointment when I saw that.
    She's already been virtually all naked in Love & Other Drugs but yeah I would of never thought she would be as trashy as paris hilton or britney spears in not wearing underwear especially when you know you have to get up with your legs spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
      I can see not liking it but 'piece of shit film"?
      He's just talking out of his ass (as usual). Just ignore him. Just another troll like Orlok, Heathen etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
        He's just talking out of his ass (as usual). Just ignore him. Just another troll like Orlok, Heathen etc.
        Hag's no troll. He doesn't stir shit up just for the hell of it. If he doesn't like something, he'll give you a genuine explanation as to why. Nothing wrong with a bit of flaming thrown in the mix. We all do it. It's that kind of freedom, that made this forum fun in the first place.

There was nothing genuine about those other two taints you mentioned.

Comment

I can see not liking it but 'piece of shit film"?
          Uh yeah, I think I gave ample reasons as to why it is. (this is coming from a card-carrying member of the christopher nolan fanclub)

They might not seem like reasonable gripes if you're a whiny delusional toolbag like moviegeek. You're not like moviegeek are you?

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            The film's main problem in a nutshell. A lot of events are rushed along, and forced. I'm still not entirely sure why Bruce decided to put on the mask again. One moment, he's in the midst of an eight year mope session, because his sort of GF died. Catwoman robs him, and that's what gets him motivated again? Was it Gordon? There is no clear "no more fucking around" moment for Bruce.

Not only that, when he does get back into the swing of things, he doesn't even need to study, or learn about his main opponent. Alfred just spells everything out for him.

"If you're thinking of going back out there, you should hear the rumours surrounding Bane."

Huh? How the fuck does Alfred know this guy's life story, and why has he waited for him to go through with half of his plan, before telling anyone? With all the details Alfred had, you'd think he was a founding member of the League Of Shadows.

So true.

I also love how Batman's spine was broken from a viscious blow to the back. How to fix this? Another viscious blow to the back. Oh', and the Broken Spine Recovery system 2000, AKA a rope. I've seen more plausible injury recovery in GI Joe.
            Agreed.. It boggles the mind has these things are being overlooked by the people who love the thing.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
            Jurassic World - 7/10
            Speed - 8.5/10
            John Wick - 9.5/10
            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
              Agreed.. It boggles the mind has these things are being overlooked by the people who love the thing.
              Meh it's just a movie. Some of you get so worked up over nothing. The movie has issues/problems but I still love it.
              I honestly think some people aren't happy unless they can ruin other people's enjoyment.

Comment

Meh it's just a movie. Some of you get so worked up over nothing. The movie has issues/problems but I still love it.
                Issues, problems? There's an understatement I wish I was able to force myself to be blissfully ignorant of such issues and problems or just not care about them and lap up whatever's up there onscreen. Then I'd probably have a blast with every film I see for the rest of my life.

I honestly think some people aren't happy unless they can ruin other people's enjoyment.
                I'd much rather be talking about how great this film is. (like i've done ad nauseum on here with the first two) My vitrol comes from a place of genuine disappointment.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                Jurassic World - 7/10
                Speed - 8.5/10
                John Wick - 9.5/10
                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Meh it's just a movie.
                  So you're indifferent to every movie ever made then? C'mon.....

Some of you get so worked up over nothing. The movie has issues/problems but I still love it.
                  For the record, I actually still like the movie quite a bit, and would even move my score up to a solid 7.5/10. It does get a lot of things right, and the plot isn't nearly as incoherant as I originally thought.

My disbelief in how certain events played out, is really only because of the stellar track record of the man who made it. These are things I would excuse in a Brett Ratner, or Roland Emmerich film, but not Nolan. The same kind of thing happened to me with "Supeman Returns", and Bryan Synger, or Tarantino with "Death Proof", or even Scorsese with "Gangs Of New York". Not horrible movies by any means, but just under that level of excellence you expect from them. It's just puzzling, and all the more frustrating when brilliant directors take even the slightest of mis-steps.

Comment

And then you have Shape saying I have an inaccurate opinion. (which is fine, you won't see me whining about it like some members do, cough moviegeek cough)?
                    haha I should have corrected myself with a 'selfish opinion'. Everything you mentioned was accurate, however, doesn't change the way I feel about the movie. As I assume what I said had no effect on your opinion, either.

If you don't like the movie, HEY, that's your problem.

Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                    Where in the movie does it say that? I don't remember any part that made it clear if Bruce was still alive or not. How do you know the café scene at the end was real? Alfred could have saw whatever he wanted to. And if it's true that he survived, the viewer shouldn't have to read or watch an interview outside of the movie itself to find out what truly happened to Bruce in the end.
                    Are you that dense? We KNOW Bruce is still alive because we see him sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. I don't think it could be anymore clearer. I wouldn't think anybody (yes, even you) would need an interview to tell you that what Alfred saw was real. If you do, I think you need to re-watch the movie.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    Hag's no troll. He doesn't stir shit up just for the hell of it. If he doesn't like something, he'll give you a genuine explanation as to why. Nothing wrong with a bit of flaming thrown in the mix.
                    Please, we've ALL stirred shit up just for the hell of it...but in this case you're right, he's just giving us his genuine opinion. Get over it people, he didn't like the movie, so what, that's his problem. lol

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                    Not overlooked, looked past. Because ALL three movies have the same problems. If you can't admit that then I think you genuinely want to hate this movie.
                    B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• My bad, deleted my last message by accident trying to edit

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                      Exactly.

I was never a Nolan/Batman fanatic which is probably why I don't care about/obsess over the "lapses in logic". That said, while we're on the subject of flaws, it amazes me how how everyone is so fixated on the aforementioned when, at least to me, the most glaring chink in the armor is the twist. Unnecessary, forced, and disappointing are the words that come to mind everytime I'm forced to relive it.
                      Feels like an (extremely) desperate attempt to make the film seem more cerebral than it really is, to elevate it "above" it's predecessors(before Nolan came on).

Personally, I would have been pleased with a final one on one between Batman, and the only man who's ever physically defeated him. Instead, we got the monsters' nuts being snipped(crying, friend-zoned, isn't a ninja warrior, gets his ass kicked... like nothing) and one of the most laughable death scenes of all-time.

And MC can't act, for shit. She was, at best, adequate in Inception and outside of the scene when she took her clothes off, embarrassing in this.
                      Last edited by Ultimate High; 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
                        Because ALL three movies have the same problems. If you can't admit that then I think you genuinely want to hate this movie.
                        There aren't any flaws in the first two films as glaring as what's been listed in this thread. You can point out some nitpicky ones but none of which encompasse whole sections of each respective film like this one does. I know for a fact that there wasn't anything in BB & TDK which caused me to laugh in disbelief and worse yet, cause the utter indifference I felt when watching this.

And you actually think I want to hate this? I've been made fun of on here for how much praise I've given Nolan over the years. Read the early posts in this thread. I was championing the thing from the get.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

haha I should have corrected myself with a 'selfish opinion'.
                          No you shouldn't of. I didn't take offense nor did it hurt my feelings We're on a movie internet forum for christ sakes.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                            Exactly.

I was never a Nolan/Batman fanatic which is probably why I don't care about/obsess over the "lapses in logic". That said, while we're on the subject of flaws, it amazes me how how everyone is so fixated on the aforementioned when, at least to me, the most glaring chink in the armor is the twist. It's terrible, possibly one of the most unnecessary, forced, twists of all-time.
                            Feels like an (extremely) desperate attempt to make the film seem more cerebral than it really is, to elevate it "above" it's predecessors(before Nolan came on).
                            I didn't mind the twist, but I thought the R'as Al Gul and the LOS implementation was just poor overall. I was expecting Bane to be born out of The Lazerous Pit. Something supernatural, but he was just some tough brute. There was really no reason why he was so much better than Batman. Even his mask had no real purpose, other than killing the pain in his disfigured face. I thought it would be pumping some super steroid into his system, or something to make him that powerful. Something for Batman to work around, or exploit, but nope. There was no explanation as to why he was such an unstoppable badass in the sewer, but then such a pushover at the end.
                            Last edited by Heretic; 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

There aren't any flaws in the first two films as glaring as what's been listed in this thread. You can point out some nitpicky ones but none of which encompasse whole sections of each respective film like this one does. I know for a fact that there wasn't anything in BB & TDK which caused me to laugh in disbelief and worse yet, cause the utter indifference I felt when watching this.
                              The flaws in the first two films are just as glaring as the ones in TDKR, I know that for a fact because I've argued about them over at OHMB(Official Halloween Message Board) with one of the most knowledgeable members I've ever met on these things. Just because you didn't notice them doesn't mean they're not there. This one just gets the most nitpicking because it was hyped so much that, to most, it was a letdown. But I'm not one of those people. I think it was the perfect ending to one of the greatest trilogy's ever, and NOTHING anybody says is going to change my opinion about that. As I'm not going to try and change yours. People view movies differently. If everybody viewed them the same we wouldn't need a message board. haha

And you actually think I want to hate this? I've been made fun of on here for how much praise I've given Nolan over the years. Read the early posts in this thread. I was championing the thing from the get.
                              You might not want to hate this movie but it seems as if you try to dislike it by not looking past the flaws that all movies acquire. Even the appraised Star Wars movies.

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                              No you shouldn't of. I didn't take offense nor did it hurt my feelings We're on a movie internet forum for christ sakes.
                              I can say you are ONE, of not many, on this board that don't take offense to other people opinions or obscene posts.
                              B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

Are you that dense? We KNOW Bruce is still alive because we see him sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. I don't think it could be anymore clearer. I wouldn't think anybody (yes, even you) would need an interview to tell you that what Alfred saw was real. If you do, I think you need to re-watch this movie.
                                No. You see a scene of Bruce sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. There's no words exchanged, there is no point of view from Bruce or Hathaway, only Alfred. Alfred could only be seeing what he wants. Maybe Bruce finally found peace in death knowing he saved a bunch of people. Maybe that's what Alfred saw/imagined. Just because it's on-screen doesn't mean it's complete truth within the film's storyline. The viewer has to decipher things for his/her self once in a while. So what if the interview says he survived, nothing in the movie states that he survived. If you want to think he survived (like yourself) that's fine, if you don't think he did, that's fine too. It's up to the viewer. It shouldn't take an interview outside the film to tell what truly happened to Bruce.

I don't see why my idea seems so farfetched to you... It's nothing new to cinema, and it's apparent in this film, there is no clear answer. I just don't know how you can draw a clear understanding from that scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X