The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
    A tired excuse for tired nitpicking I guess.
    Well said.

Also I see nothing wrong with this:
    Oh' go fuck yourself. You know that shit ain't right.

Comment

• After rewatching Batman Begins and TDK again I was able to see the huge drop off to TDKR,it just felt sloppy and almost uninspired compared to the first two.TDKR is still a decent flick but it stands far below two magnificent films.
      I can't really put a finger on what happened but Nolan for the first time disappointed me.
      Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Oh' go fuck yourself. You know that shit ain't right.
        Lol such a terrible Batman flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
          Not really. He's only really better when he uses venom but even then Batman whoops his ass. The only reason his back was broke in the comics was because he was mentally and physically depleted. A healthy Batman always beats Bane.
          In the end he does, because he is the Hero.
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
          My little idiot..

Comment

• The movies good...the movie has flaws...the movies alright...the movie sucks...make up your goddamn minds.
            B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• !

Originally posted by Shape View Post
              The movies good...the movie has flaws...the movies alright...the movie sucks...make up your goddamn minds.
              I loved every second of it! Flaws or no flaws as long as the caped crusader is on the screen I don't give a shit it could be Adam West and I would love it

Comment

• haha Fuck Adam West.

I guess I just don't understand the hate for this movie. There are no more "flaws" in this movie than there are in the previous two. Whether people admit it, they are there, more or less, but yet this one gets the most criticism.

By now I'm over it...regardless of what might be said I'm still going to enjoy this movie more-so than any other in the trilogy. IMO it's the best installment. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
                  I guess I just don't understand the hate for this movie. There are no more "flaws" in this movie than there are in the previous two. Whether people admit it, they are there, more or less, but yet this one gets the most criticism.

By now I'm over it...regardless of what might be said I'm still going to enjoy this movie more-so than any other in the trilogy. IMO it's the best installment. That is all.
                  Agreed.

Nolans best Batman film in my opinion.
                  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                  My little idiot..

Comment

• I cant believe this is STILL being debated. Either you like it or you dont. It all comes down to the simple fact that its a movie and every movie has flaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                      I cant believe this is STILL being debated. Either you like it or you dont. It all comes down to the simple fact that its a movie and every movie has flaws.
                      Debating is what we fans do...if everybody agreed on the same thing this place would be boring as fuck. haha

Comment

The flaws in the first two films are just as glaring as the ones in TDKR
                        You're delusional man. Notice how I not once brought up how Wayne got back into the city after being in prison? While it's a bit lazy on Nolan's part I can at least buy that it's because he's the motherfucking Batman. Just like how I don't have a problem with everyone in the jail being knocked out in TDK except the Joker because he's the ultimate schemer and villain. But this film is so easy to make fun of as pointed out time and time again in this thread. Whole sections (namely the prison section) have serious problems and you have albatross' like John Blake & Miranda tate who are either extremely boring or terribly mishandled.

And besides the first fight between Bane and Bats there's no action sequence that really gets the blood pumping. Hell, the tumbler chase in BB is better than anything in this. BB & TDK are entertaining and engaging as all hell. This, not so much.

I know that for a fact because I've argued about them over at OHMB(Official Halloween Message Board) with one of the most knowledgeable members I've ever met on these things.
                        Shit; I guess I stand corrected.

This one just gets the most nitpicking because it was hyped so much that, to most, it was a letdown.
                        I was more hyped for TDK.

You might not want to hate this movie but it seems as if you try to dislike it by not looking past the flaws that all movies acquire. Even the appraised Star Wars movies.
                        Unlike TDKR the original Star Wars trilogy is extremely entertaining with characters and a story that resonates which makes it easier to look passed things like Ewoks. This film did not resonate or entertain me at all.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

haha Fuck Adam West.
                          No way! Adam West is a legend man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                            Whole sections (namely the prison section) have serious problems and you have albatross' like John Blake & Miranda tate who are either extremely boring or terribly mishandled.
                            I guess that's all matter of opinion ... I seem to like Blake's character. Don't think they could have picked a better Robin.

And besides the first fight between Bane and Bats there's no action sequence that really gets the blood pumping. Hell, the tumbler chase in BB is better than anything in this. BB & TDK are entertaining and engaging as all hell. This, not so much.
                            What action sequences there are got my blood pumping more-so than the ones in TDK, and I fucking love TDK.

I was more hyped for TDK.
                            Again; that's all a matter of opinion.

This film did not resonate or entertain me at all.
                            Any way you analyze it the fact still remains there were just as many fuck-ups in TDK as there are in TDKR.

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            No way! Adam West is a legend man.
                            Calm down, sparky. I was only kidding.

Comment

• I think Adam West is really the best Batman ever.

Without him, I wouldn't have any childhood love for the character.

The two Batman cartoons I remember as a kid were Superfriends (not bad when you're a kid) and that crap with Batmite.

The "Gothic Monopoly" looking Batman series was cool, and I watched that many times, but I was already in my 20s or 30s. The animated movies were cool, but without the childhood nostalgia, there would be no reason to love the Keaton ones which for me were pretty terrible, the others in that series were fun enough, but would have no lasting value without my love for Adam West.

A lot of it is an age thing due to what I grew up with, but to me, Adam West is far and away the best/my most loved Batman.

If I were doing an "objective technical evaluation", would one of the more recent live action Batmans be the best, prolly, but that's not how I grew up.

So again, to me, Adam West is the best Batman.
                              I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post

Shit; I guess I stand corrected.

My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X