No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I absolutely adored The Dark Knight Rises and think that it looks an absolute knock-out in blu-ray! The action's breath-taking and intense, it's beautifully directed and also has a heart which is just so refreshing to see. It's a truly awe-inspiring trilogy!
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Ok I just rewatched TDKR and I honestly do not know what some of you are arguing about.

Exhibit A: A worker tells Fox that Bruce Wayne fixed the auto-pilot on the bat moths ago.

Exhibit B: Batman tells Catwoman that he will use auto-pilot to get the bomb out to sea.

Evhibit C: Alfred told Bruce he had a FANTASY (not a dream) that he keeps seeing him in the cafe and he is happy and it actually shows what Alfred sees where Bruce is sitting with his back to him. In the end Alfred sees Bruce in the cafe facing him and they both nod at one another which did not happen in Alfred's fantasy.

I think this is proof that Bruce Wayne is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
        Ok I just rewatched TDKR and I honestly do not know what some of you are arguing about.

Exhibit A: A worker tells Fox that Bruce Wayne fixed the auto-pilot on the bat moths ago.

Exhibit B: Batman tells Catwoman that he will use auto-pilot to get the bomb out to sea.

Evhibit C: Alfred told Bruce he had a FANTASY (not a dream) that he keeps seeing him in the cafe and he is happy and it actually shows what Alfred sees where Bruce is sitting with his back to him. In the end Alfred sees Bruce in the cafe facing him and they both nod at one another which did not happen in Alfred's fantasy.

Yeah, people who say his dead just want to start shit. The Auto pilot was fixed, and Alfred told him where he used to go in hopes of seeing him. Obviously Bruce went in hopes of them having the run in.

I do think Alfred and Bruce left on bad ground though. They never made up after their fallout, and although both of them obviously forgave the other, it would have been nice to see them remain friends. Alfred was more so Bruce's father figure, and Bruce, the son he never had. I just feel the old bugger was shafted.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
          The action's breath-taking and intense
          Well I wouldn't let Sea Hag know this. haha He might call you a moron for thinking this movie had legitimate action, due to his opinion being fact and all.

Originally posted by Morningriser View Post

bloodydollface would disagree. He believes you can't produce any solid evidence to prove that Alfred actually saw Bruce at the end. Even IF Nolan, himself, were to slap him in the face with the scene while yelling "IT'S REAL!" haha

It's up to the audience to decide whether or not Alfred actually saw Bruce.
          B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
            Don't think they could have picked a better Robin.
            I don't think they could've picked a worse character to have so much screentime.

What action sequences there are got my blood pumping more-so than the ones in TDK, and I fucking love TDK.
            This is the best action sequence in any of the three films:

[YOUTUBE]qwANzaqg8cI[/YOUTUBE]
            [YOUTUBE]SOMo-Xe4z-k[/YOUTUBE]

Again; that's all a matter of opinion.
            The fact that I personally was more excited for TDK than TDKR is a matter of opinion? Ok

Any way you analyze it the fact still remains there were just as many fuck-ups in TDK as there are in TDKR.

Not even close there Mongo. There might be some gaffes here and there and like any movie of its kind one has to suspend some disbelief. But TDK doesn't have mountain sized narrative flaws like this piece does.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
            Jurassic World - 7/10
            Speed - 8.5/10
            John Wick - 9.5/10
            The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Don't know if this was posted already so sorry if it was. It's really good:

[YOUTUBE]IkMPZ7WeDck[/YOUTUBE]

DVDs

Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                Don't know if this was posted already so sorry if it was. It's really good:

[YOUTUBE]IkMPZ7WeDck[/YOUTUBE]
                I've watched this way more times than I should have. Hysterical. Here is the bonus holiday edition:
                [YOUTUBE]ChaN2YQqf50[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, I recently watched TDK and TDKR to decide for myself what all this craziness was about. TDK is clearly the superior picture. It did have it's problems, as I felt like the entire movie just went in circles and then led to a rather dull climax, but it was much more believable, cohesive and fun. TDKR tries to be huge and fails. The scope was too big for it's own good, leading to poorly explained events and huge stretches in believability.

Comment

I don't think they could've picked a worse character to have so much screentime.
                  Good. For. You.

The fact that I personally was more excited for TDK than TDKR is a matter of opinion? Ok

You're just too witty for me, man. Just too witty. I can't hang.

Not even close there Mongo. There might be some gaffes here and there and like any movie of its kind one has to suspend some disbelief. But TDK doesn't have mountain sized narrative flaws like this piece does.
                  Oh, sorry...I forget because YOU say so it must be true. lmao
                  B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• http://www.slashfilm.com/votd-patton...n-about-death/
                    53 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Comes out this Tuesday but this will be a christmas gift so I'm gonna have to wait. Really looking forward to diving into the extras. A taste:

[YOUTUBE]EFK8kWf9hMM&feature=player_embedded#t=0[/YOUTUBE]

That's Kilmer's batsuit he's wearing.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                      Jurassic World - 7/10
                      Speed - 8.5/10
                      John Wick - 9.5/10
                      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Comes out this Tuesday but this will be a christmas gift so I'm gonna have to wait. Really looking forward to diving into the extras. A taste:

[YOUTUBE]EFK8kWf9hMM&feature=player_embedded#t=0[/YOUTUBE]

That's Kilmer's batsuit he's wearing.
                        It looks like a beautiful set. It'll probably be too expensive for me though
                        I think The Dark Knight/Rises are two of the greatest films ever made
                        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Just bumping for the second year anniversary of this movie's release. Past two years have really flown by.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                            Just bumping for the second year anniversary of this movie's release. Past two years have really flown by.
                            Was just thinking yesterday how it's already been two years since TDKR, The Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man came out. Man 2012 was a pretty fun year for summer movies.
                            “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timvp View Post
                              Was just thinking yesterday how it's already been two years since TDKR, The Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man came out. Man 2012 was a pretty fun year for summer movies.
                              We've had a very solid run of Summer movies since 2012. This year in particular has been the best in a long time. Edge of Tomorrow, Dawn, X-Men, and Captain America have all been great with Interstellar still to come.

Still have Godzilla to get through as well

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                                Just bumping for the second year anniversary of this movie's release. Past two years have really flown by.
                                True. It really doesn't seem like it's been 2 whole years since TDKR.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                                We've had a very solid run of Summer movies since 2012. This year in particular has been the best in a long time. Edge of Tomorrow, Dawn, X-Men, and Captain America have all been great with Interstellar still to come.

Still have Godzilla to get through as well

Comment

Working...
                                X