The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
    Question: Do you think Nolan would have The Joker in this movie if Heath didn't die?

You know he would, he wants to milk that image for all it's worth.

Hopefully the Riddler will be awesome and not a joke.

We need more Scarecrow he is one of the best if not most underrated Batman villain

Comment

Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post

Hopefully the Riddler will be awesome and not a joke.
      I want a sadistic Riddler .. almost foaming at the mouth with madness .. it has potential to be amazing if done right.

Other possible villains could be Black Mask, Deadshot, The Mad Hatter, Mr. Zsasz. But Black Mask would be the easiest.

Too bad we're not going to see Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat or Clayface ... love those guys.

The 90's cartoon series is just amazing. I own the episodes on dvd and I suggest you buy them .. very dark for a Saturday morning cartoon.

Comment

Question: Do you think Nolan would have The Joker in this movie if Heath didn't die?
        I rather doubt it. Sure Ledger's Joker is nigh perfect and all, but it's makes a 2 parter at the end of the triology and where do you go with the story? If you brought in Harley Quinn, then sure, but still got the 2 parter thing going.

Thing is, at a minimum, you're gonna have a new villain, if you include Ledger's Joker, the new guy is gonna get overshadowed. Even if you perfectly cast the new guy and you feel you've make him a strong character, there'd still be no telling if he still gets over shadowed.

Even supposing you bring in Quinn... I dunno, just for the hell of in, agree with me here, suppose you cast the singer Pink (or whoever) as Quinn, she nails the part, costume is great, yadda yadda yadda. Still hard to believe it wouldn't be seen as the Joker's movie unless you underdo his screen time and then peeps would complain about that...

Tho if Ledger was still alive... chances are he'd say he'd love to come back unless there was a behind the scene's agreement to say something different.

Anyway, I just doubt Nolan would use The Joker again, but that's just my guess, and no telling how good I really am as second guessing him on something he's not even gonna dwell on with Ledger dead and all.

Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Riddler, Penguin... prolly a few more on Nolan's short list at some point, any of which he could use to make a great movie, just a matter of which one he feels he can do the most with.
        I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Judging by how the first two films have been, is there any question to how Nolan is going to approach this film? I mean really? In Nolan We Trust remember?

Personally I'd like for Joker to come back at least for a short time and have Joseph Gordon Levitt play him since he's like Heath's long lost brother. I wonder if Levitt's presence in Nolan's Inception is like a test drive?

There's also no shame or dishonoring of Heath's memory by doing that. Heath would probably want it to happen since he was committed to film as should everyone else involved.... to make the film Nolan intended on making.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
            I wonder if Levitt's presence in Nolan's Inception is like a test drive?
            Interesting .. I never thought of that.

But I doubt The Joker will be in this movie .. and if he is .. it'll be in a small role like Scarecrow was in TDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Far Beyond Driven View Post

Where did you hear that from? In '06 Nolan sounded like he was against the idea of having the Penguin in one of his Batman movies.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/10/1...o-the-penguin/

Nolan said in an interview for Esquire:

"'I'd be more excited to have Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film than to have the Penguin. There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."
              Ok Then how about Ventriloquist & Scarface LMFAO

Man i wonder how that would turn out if he used them .
              sigpic IT's Over9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                Judging by how the first two films have been, is there any question to how Nolan is going to approach this film? I mean really? In Nolan We Trust remember?

Personally I'd like for Joker to come back at least for a short time and have Joseph Gordon Levitt play him since he's like Heath's long lost brother. I wonder if Levitt's presence in Nolan's Inception is like a test drive?

There's also no shame or dishonoring of Heath's memory by doing that. Heath would probably want it to happen since he was committed to film as should everyone else involved.... to make the film Nolan intended on making.
                Levitt would be a good choice on all fronts really, but without some actual scenes, I just can't see him recreating Heath's performance for a whole movie, to play him from in jail or a mental hospital with like 10-15 mins of screen time, that I could buy. Would also have to be Harley Quinn's story if you gonna have the Joker at all, otherwise his presense is gonna be out of place overall, not that he doesn't belong, but you've not gonna give him that sort of "cameo" with any other villains you might use.
                I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Here's some info on The Riddler:
                  Almost reminds me of Jigsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Apples View Post
                    Almost reminds me of Jigsaw.
                    Just remember The Riddler was first.

Comment

Originally posted by scanners View Post
                      I am Also glad to hear the penguin might Be in the 3rd batman movie hes one of my favorite villians .

I'm looking forward to this movie.

Here's some info on The Riddler:

The Riddler's criminal modus operandi is so deeply ingrained into his personality that he is virtually powerless to stop himself from acting it out (as shown in his third comic book appearance). He cannot simply kill his opponents when he has the upper hand; he has to put them in a deathtrap to see if he can devise a life and death intellectual challenge that the hero cannot solve and escape. However, unlike many of Batman's themed enemies, Riddler's compulsion is quite flexible, allowing him to commit any crime as long as he can describe it in a riddle or puzzle.

Hopefully Nolan exploits this and digs in deep with the emotion that drives The Riddler. He can really make him a fucking nut case if he wants.

I think it would be awesome to really dive into the guy's head. Get a look at how fucking crazy the guy is, if done right, it would be epic. And I do think he would have The Joker at least make an appearance if Ledger was still around. He would almost have to.
                      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                      My little idiot..

Comment

Absolutely. There's no way of knowing how big (or small) of a role it would have been, but it certainly seemed that they had hoped to use him again in the next film.

As for villains, I think it has to be the Riddler. Not many of the villains fit in with the realistic universe Nolan has created, but Riddler would probably work the best.

Comment

Thank god no Mr Freeze
                          Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

and the fact that Halle Barry is on board makes me even more excited for this epic film!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                              As for villains, I think it has to be the Riddler. Not many of the villains fit in with the realistic universe Nolan has created, but Riddler would probably work the best.
                              I just want to see Penguin again. It would be cool if he was a underground black market type weapons dealer or something. Riddler is a far more interesting character, but I've always liked Penguin.
                              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                              My little idiot..

Comment

Lets bring Jack back
                                Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X