No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's pretty promising so far. The pilot itself was a good slow-burn. Nothing too overboard or outlandish. Just your basic introducing of characters and setting stuff up, only done better than in most pilots I have seen.

It definitely has that next great show aura about it. And I have a very good feeling that it will be.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

Yup, It's definitely a show Im going to be tuning into every Sunday. Great first episode!

Comment

Great premiere, covered a lot of territory and I love how the classic rogues such as Capone and Luciano are going to play as a backdrop to the Atlantic City gang.
        A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
        H. L. Mencken

Comment

watched it tonight again. It's so damn good. I hope the directors they get to finish the show will be able to add as much symbolism as Scorcesse did for the pilot. Just nice subtle things that Scorcese is just so good with when visually introducing a character. Sunday's are too far apart for this show.

Comment

Huge fan of the show already, and I love Buscemi as a corrupt politician/crime lord. It's been a slow burn for sure, but most period pieces are. And there's only been two episodes anyway, so naturally we're only witnessing the buildup to more interesting developments.

Idk, for me it's like Deadwood. I didn't love it immediately, but was instantly hooked on certain characters. Speaking of which I'm glad Shea Whigham plays Nucky's brother in this. I've only seen two of his movies, but he was solid in both Splinter and The Killing Room imo.
            'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
              An appealingly authentic drama starring Steve Buscemi (and maybe Omar from The Wire) that takes place in NJ, I'm definitely interested. And Scorsese having directed the pilot episode makes me look forward to the series that much more.
              Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
              Huge fan of the show already, and I love Buscemi as a corrupt politician/crime lord. It's been a slow burn for sure, but most period pieces are. And there's only been two episodes anyway, so naturally we're only witnessing the buildup to more interesting developments.

Idk, for me it's like Deadwood. I didn't love it immediately, but was instantly hooked on certain characters. Speaking of which I'm glad Shea Whigham plays Nucky's brother in this. I've only seen two of his movies, but he was solid in both Splinter and The Killing Room imo.
              The cast in this is damn good. I am a fan of Buscemi, Michael K Williams, Michael Shannon, Michael Pitt, Stephen Graham, and Wigham has been good in everything I have seen him in.

Haven't watched the second episode yet (will tonight) but I loved the first episode and so did the wife.

Comment

Not as good as I expected.
                Take your pants off

Comment

I hope they start to flesh out some of the other characters, to me Buscemi's character is the only one so far that feels whole. Only 2 episodes in and Luciano, Capone, and Rothstein seem slightly like caricatures.
                  A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
                  H. L. Mencken

Comment

Pretty good so far. Buscemi is amazing and ive been a fan of Michael Pitt since i first saw him in Murder By Numbers.

Comment

what I love about this show is that there isn't a single problem that needs to be dealt with in the space of one episode. It's all one long continuing story and its treated as such. Characters and plot progress continually instead of ending the show resolving the issues. Loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                        The cast in this is damn good. I am a fan of Buscemi, Michael K Williams, Michael Shannon, Michael Pitt, Stephen Graham, and Wigham has been good in everything I have seen him in.

Haven't watched the second episode yet (will tonight) but I loved the first episode and so did the wife.
                        Yea, I'm liking where everything's headed so far. Huge fan of Michael Williams' work in The Wire, and happy to see that he's one of Nucky's main business associates now. Looking forward to seeing what kind of work Jimmy and Capone get up to in Chicago too.

Loved Sunday's episode, Nucky's brother trying to suffocate the surviving witness before the FBI walked in was hilarious.

edit - and I love when they showed Nucky asking what 'motherfucker' meant after Chalky White said it
                        Last edited by AbsorbantJellyfish; 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM.
                        'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Just started watching the first episode, so far so good! Great crew behind it and great cast too!

Comment

3rd episode is my favorite so far, that main detective has become a completely different character than I expected him to be. Very much looking forward to the next episode.
                            H. L. Mencken

Comment

The Internal Rev Guy has more to him then he is letting on. He has to be the most fucked up character on the show, it is just lingering.

He's in Chicago now....

I kinda of figured that is the way they would go but still.

Comment

Love how this show's progressing. I'm behind an episode or two but the last one I saw was amazing, [SPOILER]Jimmy and Al taking out Charlie Sheridan(and their sit down that preceded it) was easily one of my favorite sequences of the series so far.

Jimmy before executing Sheridan, '...I think you'd agree that Greektown belongs to us now.' [/SPOILER] Love this show. Hopefully the lack of posts on the thread doesn't correlate to ratings, because this show's definitely worth watching. Check it out if you love period/character pieces, or crime dramas in general.

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                                X