What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
    Training Day - 8/10 - Fuquas best movie, Washingtons best role, imo. Fantastic story, had me gripped through-out, plenty of action in the story to keep you entertained. Always a joy to watch.

Comment

• Tonight, i'm rewatching "Murder Set Pieces - Unrated Director's Cut".

Comment

• Titicut Follies (1967) - Great coverage of the insides of a mental correctional facility in 1967, Massachusetts. A perfect example "observation" film. 10 / 10

Blood and Lace (1971) - Not Bava's stylish thriller but Philip S Gilbert's early 70's grindhouse superness. Yeah, it strikes me very funnily that this is not on DVD. It's entertaining through and through. Twisted. Black, black humor, WIP-esque.
        8 / 10

Now my friend and I are tuning in to some Japanese nunzie, Sins of Sister Lucia (1978 ). Details later(so far it seems like average Jap nunsploitation schtuff? I wonder if I've seen enough to make that generalization).

edit:
        Originally posted by david_doomsday View Post
        last movie i watched was 2001 maniacs field of screams unrated
        fye had a copy on there shelf and i bought it from them and i give it a A

That's cool! I enjoyed the hell out of it, myself. Granny Boone

Comment

• Once again I have fallen in love with youtube I just found all of "Evil Dead Trap" on there. A movie I've wanted to see since about 2005

Bolt: 4/5

The Crazies (10): 4/5

Hell Of The Living Dead :4.5/5.

Comment

• Originally posted by awwstin View Post
            The Mist '07
            Demons '86
            Greatness

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Beyond The Darkness - 8,5/10
              A Blade In The Dark - 8/10
              Wicked Little Things - 5/10

Comment

• The Crazies - 10/10
                The Book of Eli - 10/10
                Two very different movie, but I loved them both.

Comment

• Wolf Creek
                  http://i29.tinypic.com/nd3adc.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutter View Post
                    What pisses me off is how many people bash this film, I thought it was great! Wolf Creek is possibly the most realistic horror film I have ever seen.

Comment

• The Crazies (2010) 5.5/10

Meh, it's got nothing on the original.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                        The Crazies (2010) 5.5/10

Meh, it's got nothing on the original.
                        really!? sorry to bash on one of my fav directors but the 70s Crazies was pretty dull, too many scenes of military people just argueing....

Comment

• Originally posted by maynardmorrissey View Post
                          Beyond The Darkness - 8,5/10
                          Wicked Little Things - 5/10
                          Agreed on all counts. Its sad that WLT was one of the best (least shitty) of the After Dark Horror Fest that year

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Originally posted by maynardmorrissey View Post

I don't get the hate for that flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                              really!? sorry to bash on one of my fav directors but the 70s Crazies was pretty dull, too many scenes of military people just argueing....
                              As much as I love almost everything else he has done, I must agree with you on this one.

Mad Max - The phrase has been bandied about far too much, but I'm gonna use it anyway: "They don't make 'em like they used to". They really don't when it comes to this sort of thing. At least when you see a car crash through a caravan in Mad Max, you actually see a car drive through a fucking caravan, not just some horrendous cartoon version of the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by The DeadlySpawn View Post
                                As much as I love almost everything else he has done, I must agree with you on this one.

Mad Max - The phrase has been bandied about far too much, but I'm gonna use it anyway: "They don't make 'em like they used to". They really don't when it comes to this sort of thing. At least when you see a car crash through a caravan in Mad Max, you actually see a car drive through a fucking caravan, not just some horrendous cartoon version of the event.
                                Besides Willard, The Crazies is one of the few moments where a remake tops the original... my ratings.

The Crazies (original): 2.5/5

The Crazies (10): 4/5.

Comment

Working...
                                X