What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenstein

Liked this much more than on my original viewing. I'm not really sure why I didn't like it too much on my original viewing. Loved it! Can't wait to hook into the features.
    A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• The Dark Knight Rises- Not sure what some people have against this. l thought it was pretty badass, and l'm not even a big Nolan fan. Probably my favorite of the three, but still not better than Tim Burton's first movie. Yeah, l said it. Keaton was great in that '89 film. He set a bar that everyone else just stumbled over.

Comment

• Dead Silence -- 9/10; Whannell's and Wan's best work to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
          Star Wars Trilogy > LOTR Trilogy > Godfather Trilogy > Nolan's Batman Trilogy
          A bold statement, but I can definitely agree.

I also watched Home Alone 2 again for the second time this week
          I think I saw this in theatres. The first two Home Alones are great.

Originally posted by oxley View Post

Dracula (1931)
          Looks absollutely great on Blu! And I loved the features. Good to see these films getting treated with so much love.

I don't care what anyone says, Bela Lugosi is IMO probably the greatest actor to have lived, such a shame he was forced down the ladder.
          Well he was at least trying to make a comeback and he conquered his drug addiction (which is understandable because he had a lot of pain.. he was no Lindsay Lohan, that's for sure ). Then he died. So sad.. what a great man, and if you watch his interviews, he was a really cool guy as well.

Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Frankenstein

Liked this much more than on my original viewing. I'm not really sure why I didn't like it too much on my original viewing. Loved it! Can't wait to hook into the features.

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
          The Dark Knight Rises- Not sure what some people have against this. l thought it was pretty badass, and l'm not even a big Nolan fan. Probably my favorite of the three, but still not better than Tim Burton's first movie. Yeah, l said it. Keaton was great in that '89 film. He set a bar that everyone else just stumbled over.

Comment

• The Beach
            http://i47.tinypic.com/33elqp2.jpg

Comment

• Dracula Has Risen from the Grave - 9/10

The Campaign - 7/10

Comment

• Munger Road - I had been so psyched to finally see this and it turned out to be a bitter disappointment. And it didn't even [SPOILER]have an ending! "To be continued" my ass.[/SPOILER] - 3/10

Comment

• The Dark Knight Rises (2012)-10/10
                  The Expendables 2 (2012)-9/10
                  The Avengers (2012)-10/10
                  Three Amigos (1986)-8/10
                  Thankskilling (2009)-8/10
                  Thankskilling 3 (2012)-7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                    Dead Silence -- 9/10; Whannell's and Wan's best work to date.
                    I like Dead Silence. It's massively underrated. Mary Shaw and her dolls are a creepy bunch, and I love the tone of this film.

Comment

• Chopping Mall 5/10
                      Cheerleader Camp 4/10
                      Fargo 10/10
                      <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                      R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                        I like Dead Silence. It's massively underrated. Mary Shaw and her dolls are a creepy bunch, and I love the tone of this film.
                        I find Dead Silence and Death Sentence extremely underrated.

Kill List - 8/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                          The Dark Knight Rises- Not sure what some people have against this. l thought it was pretty badass, and l'm not even a big Nolan fan. Probably my favorite of the three, but still not better than Tim Burton's first movie. Yeah, l said it. Keaton was great in that '89 film. He set a bar that everyone else just stumbled over.

Easily the best Nolan films IMO.

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                          Well he was at least trying to make a comeback and he conquered his drug addiction (which is understandable because he had a lot of pain.. he was no Lindsay Lohan, that's for sure ). Then he died. So sad.. what a great man, and if you watch his interviews, he was a really cool guy as well.
                          Yeah it's such a sad story really. It's so upsetting he was treated how he was.

And yeah, he seemed like such an awesome person. I love on the doc about him one of the people said.

"Even is some of his worst movies, his performance was always stunning, it didn't matter the material he always gave it his all. Hoping someone, somewhere would be entertained."

It's so true, I don't know how many actors there are that can make a pretty shitty movie watchable and more than once. He really was such an amazingly talented man.

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                          The Dark Knight Rises (2012)-10/10

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                          I liked it at the start. It started strong and finished OKAY. It goes downhill in the middle a lot though, feels like it runs out of steam.
                          A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            Chopping Mall 5/10
                            Cheerleader Camp 4/10

Sure those movies are cheesy as fuck, but they're very entertaining! I'd even call Chopping Mall a late 80's classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post

Sure those movies are cheesy as fuck, but they're very entertaining! I'd even call Chopping Mall a late 80's classic.
                              Definitely a classic! A 5 or 6 is worthy in the mass produced slashers of the 80's
                              <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                              R.I.P.

Comment

• Holy Motors - 9/10

Holy shit that was bizarre. And I'm not even sure what it was really about. But I enjoyed the hell out of it and it was a very well done film. Denis Lavant was fantastic, in every single role he played within the film and Leos Carax's direction was spot on. I need to check out some more of his films.

Definitely recommend giving this one a watch, especially if you're into abstract/art house flicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X