What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    Are you fucking retarded to watch such shit? You should have done instead some H/S in the Horror Draft.
    Son, I am disappoint. I bet your GF compelled you to sit through it, aye?
    My olf man got it off Box Office, I don't really know why. All I wanted to do was perv on Thernon or whoever.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

Razorback (6.5/10) - Pretty entertaining wild beast horror set in Australian outback.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      Picnic at Hanging Rock[/B] (8/10) - The eerie mystery of this is great. A top film.
      Love this film. The fact that the author purposely left the final chapter unpublished until 1987 (book was originally published in 1967) so the reader would be left with the mystery that it might really be true, was pure genius. I actually haven't read the book, but this is what made me really want to watch the film and what made it much more interesting while watching, thinking about the people for years that thought it was true. It turns out it isn't, but what an awesome story behind this film/novel.

Marebito - 7/10

Watched this last night, finally. I thought it was pretty damn good, because I thought I knew what was going on and then it threw a monkey wrench in my shit and by the time it ended I had no fucking idea. It's got a few creepy moments, but most of all I just wanted to know what the hell was going on. I still don't even know what was actually happening, but I think that's the best part about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
        Yeah its good fun, reminded me a little of Pumpkinhead? Maybe the lighting and feel? Haven't seen Pumpkinhead in ages so I could be talking rubbish .

Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
        Love this film. The fact that the author purposely left the final chapter unpublished until 1987 (book was originally published in 1967) so the reader would be left with the mystery that it might really be true, was pure genius. I actually haven't read the book, but this is what made me really want to watch the film and what made it much more interesting while watching, thinking about the people for years that thought it was true. It turns out it isn't, but what an awesome story behind this film/novel.
        Ah cool, that is genius. Tempted to look up the final chapter now and find out the mystery but I'll try and resist . After all it's the mystery that makes the film and gives it such depth.

Since it's considered a classic in Australia I wonder if the watch stopping in Wolf Creek is a little nod to it. Wolf Creek also being "based on true events" and the creek being a place of some mystery (meteor/UFOs?).

Marebito - 7/10
        I saw this ages ago and remember the guy freaking out in the subway. I can't recall much else other than it creeped me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
          Killer Joe - Thought this was pretty terrible, to be honest. Maybe I just missed the point but the script was a giant mess filled with the most ridiculously pointless monologues and drawn out talky scenes that are just boring to watch. Not to mention that none of the actors do anything amazing to bring these scenes to life, so the whole thing just feels very stale. There's been some hype around McConaughey's performance which I feel is also a little unjust. He's good at times, but he also severely over-acts to the point where it's sort of hilarious. I have no idea if that was the intention or not, I didn't know a single thing about the play except that it's dark comedy. I'm usually a sucker for them, but here I just didn't find anything that funny other than how bad and awkwardly acted the entire thing was. I couldn't even find that infamous chicken leg scene to be br00talz 'cause I was just laughing at how ridiculous it was.
          Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
          I felt the absolute opposite about this. Thought it was fantastic and he killed it.
          Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
          i agree.
          So, it's a love it or hate it movie, I guess. I'm with you guys, I feel pretty much the exact opposite of those statements. Didn't know anything about the movie before I watched it, but it being a black comedy is pretty apparent.

Originally posted by Mayday View Post

[REC]3 - Got kinda silly at points, but the look of the film was great and man did it get brutal in parts. - 7.5/10
          Some great splatter effects. Not a bad sequel, just different than people are expecting.

Noroi: The Curse - 9/10

Best and most creative found footage film I've seen to date. It shouldn't have taken me so long to get around to it.
          Cool, need to get on that asap.

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
          Chillerama 6/10

Wearbear was fucking retarted. The other segments were pretty decent, though.

Nothing amazing, but worth a watch.
          lol yep. Wearbear was garbage, and even the Frankenstein segment was suspect, but the other 2 were outrageous. Almost drafted this in the final round, but decided to go with something more unknown.

Pumkinhead II & IV - 2 is pretty lame. camera is no good, bad effects, shitty acting, although this is sorta like the telling of Victor Crowlys story from Hatchet. Also pumpkinhead has a conscience.... lame. Part 4 is a little better. Campy still, but better, and with Lance Henrickson to give it extra appeal. The effects are miles better. The story is more personal, and the movie builds on the Pumpkinhead mythos. Solid sequel 4/10 and 7/10

[rec] - meh. the movie is tense, hectic and actually scary, but it has way too many zoom ins and outs, and shaking for my taste. That stuff really puts me to sleep. .. In fact, I feel asleep watching this movie again, despite all the yelling, and shaking going on. 7/10

Comment

• The Mummy (1959)

This kicks the shit out of Curse of the Werewolf. Just an awesome little horror film.

Cushing and Lee own as usual. But I didn't need to say that, did I?

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
              Yeah its good fun, reminded me a little of Pumpkinhead? Maybe the lighting and feel? Haven't seen Pumpkinhead in ages so I could be talking rubbish .
              I suppose you could say that. It is paced pretty similar.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              My little idiot..

Comment

• The Bay
                "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Night Creatures (1962)

More Hammer! This one isn't horror, though. More adventure/drama. I've heard this one is a hidden gem but honestly it didn't do much for me. Pretty meh.

I'll give it another shot in the future but for now...

5/10

Comment

• I watched Excision last night. I liked it, although I kind of wish there were more horror fantasies sprinkled throughout the film.

Right now I'd give it a 7.7/10.
                    54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Home Alone
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/154yeqc.jpg

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/2qnmr07.jpg

Home Alone 3
                      http://i50.tinypic.com/2uqzjwl.jpg

Comment

• The Evil of Frankenstein (1964)

More reboot than sequel. Fun flick and far better than I heard it was.

7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                          I watched Excision last night. I liked it, although I kind of wish there were more horror fantasies sprinkled throughout the film.

Right now I'd give it a 7.7/10.
                          Originally posted by Gutter View Post

Comment

• Finally watched Tucker & Dale vs Evil tonight and I must say it was a hilarious spoof I really enjoyed it! 7/10 on a side note I have always thought Alan Tudyk has been a good character actor in all the stuff he has done over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                              Noroi: The Curse - 9/10

Best and most creative found footage film I've seen to date. It shouldn't have taken me so long to get around to it.

That film needs far more exposure. Brilliant masterwork in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                Finally watched Tucker & Dale vs Evil tonight and I must say it was a hilarious spoof I really enjoyed it!

Pure Of Heart: The Life and Legacy Of Lon Chaney Jr

My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X