Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Eastern Promises (2007) - 9/10

Great film and one of Cronenberg's best. Viggo Mortensen is absolutely phenomenal in it, and I'd rank it at least on par with A History of Violence. I wasn't that big a fan of the ending, though.
    I really enjoyed this movie. I need to check it out again sometime.

Last night I checked out Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke .. Still funny as hell! I had alittle "smoke" before I watched it .. Made it even better

Comment

Eastern Promises (2007) - 9/10

Great film and one of Cronenberg's best. Viggo Mortensen is absolutely phenomenal in it, and I'd rank it at least on par with A History of Violence. I wasn't that big a fan of the ending, though.
      Great film. Viggo was amazing.

I am glad that Cronenberg got back to the bizarre with his new one though.

Originally posted by Flamethrower View Post
      Seven Psychopaths (2012) - 9/10
      One of the best films this year, easy. I've watched it three times already.

Silver Linings Playbook - 10/10

Fucking loved it. I'm not one to give a romantic comedy a 10, but this was of a different kind. It's funny as hell at times, it's emotional as hell at times, it's about some very twisted people so I felt right at home with these characters and it has one of the more satisfying predictable endings I've seen in such a film. Definitely Cooper's best performance to date, Lawrence was fantastic and probably the sexiest I've seen her yet (I like my girls on the crazy side) and De Niro also put up an outstanding performance, best I've seen him in a while. David O Russell has done it again.

Comment

• "Red Dawn (2012)"....Oh my word!! What a fucked up remake this was!! Pretty weak cast, Koreans instead of Russians, running time was half an hour to 45 minutes too short, and too many character changes. Only good things were the invasion scenes, Chris Hemsworth(Jed), Josh Hutcherson(Robert), and some good action. Josh Peck as "Matt" was aweful and a piss poor actor!! Why the makers had "Jed" being shot and killed instead of "Matt" is beyond me. I know this is suppose to be a modern remake, but too many changes majorly fucked this up. Give me the 1984 classic anyday!!

4.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
          Great film. Viggo was amazing.

I am glad that Cronenberg got back to the bizarre with his new one though.
          I'll have to check that one out.

My favorite Cronenberg film is Dead Ringers.

Comment

• Seven Psychopaths - 12348324/10

THis movie is the shit. One of the best of the year.

Comment

• "Frozen".....I really enjoyed this intense and thrilling film!! Adam Green has given us a solid piece of filmmaking. Great cinematography/location shots, nicely done ensemble acting, a simple yet terrific screenplay, and awesome direction all highlight the movie. Emma Bell(her feature debut), Kevin Zegers, and Shawn Ashmore are all very good with their performances. Especially Bell and Ashmore, who delivered some wonderful emotional scenes. The movie is relentless, chilling, dramatic, and intense!! Loved it!!

9/10

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw.

Can't decide if it gets a 2.5 or 3/5.

Comment

I'll have to check that one out.

My favorite Cronenberg film is Dead Ringers.
                  Love Dead Ringers. Videodrome would be mine, but Dead Ringers and The Brood come are close behind.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                  Seven Psychopaths - 12348324/10

THis movie is the shit. One of the best of the year.

Fuck yeah! How about that cemetery scene. Fucking unreal, me and my brother could barely breathe.
                  Last edited by Gabberhouse24; 01-12-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Love Dead Ringers. Videodrome would be mine, but Dead Ringers and The Brood come are close behind.

Fuck yeah! How about that cemetery scene. Fucking unreal, me and my brother could barely breathe.
                    Yes! Sam Rockwell totally stole the show for me.

Comment

• The Theatre Bizzare - 7.5/10

A really "bizzare" and fucked up movie this was, so it was definitely right up my alley.

Comment

• The Lorax 8/10

Love,Wedding,Marriage 6/10

A Turtles Tale 5/10

Comment

• Gangster Squad (2013) - 7.5/10

While it's not the most original or smartest thing ever put to film, it's tons of fun. The acting is all around great, and it's really badass at times.

Don't expect it to be a period piece or something, since it's just a modern day action film set in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                            Yes! Sam Rockwell totally stole the show for me.
                            Hell yeah he did. He's so underrated and needs some more starring roles, like Moon. He crushed that film too.

Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
                            The Theatre Bizzare - 7.5/10

A really "bizzare" and fucked up movie this was, so it was definitely right up my alley.
                            Forgot about this, remember wanting to check it out though. I'm on it.

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                            Gangster Squad (2013) - 7.5/10

While it's not the most original or smartest thing ever put to film, it's tons of fun. The acting is all around great, and it's really badass at times.

Don't expect it to be a period piece or something, since it's just a modern day action film set in the past.
                            Good to hear. I saw what the critics were saying about the writing and shit, but I don't really expect the greatest of screenplays from this anyway. I just want what you just explained, a fun badass gangster flick with a lot of violence. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Good to hear. I saw what the critics were saying about the writing and shit, but I don't really expect the greatest of screenplays from this anyway. I just want what you just explained, a fun badass gangster flick with a lot of violence. I'm looking forward to it.
                              It's cliché, over-the-top and gory, but it's a damn good time!

Comment

• Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - 9/10

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 - 9/10

Comment

Working...
                                X