Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    I remember seeing this eons ago. Is it this film with the war veteran, fighting all kinds of monsters and shit? I would love to have it on Blu-ray.
    Yeah that's the one! Big Ben the Vietnam zombie is awesome. I'm trying to pick up the dvd boxset of 1-4. A Blu Ray release would be cool.

    Originally posted by oxley View Post

    Fuck oath, love that film.

    Big Ben!
    Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 01-30-2013, 04:50 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by oxley View Post
      Inception

      Wow, I hate the fact it took me so long to see this. What utterly incredible writing... I was captivated from beginning to end. Strong acting by all too, I'm really going to have to pick up the BluRay. I can't wait to see what Nolan has in stock for us next. 10/10
      Fuck yeah.

      Comment


      • Finally got Seven Psychopaths in the mail from Netflix yesterday and gave it a watch last night. I'm really sad to say this but I'm not sure what I think of it yet. The acting was good an they were all cast correctly for sure. The story was fun and original for the most part as well. There just seems to be something missing and I'm not sure what it is. I'm gunna give it another watch tonight and see if that changes anything. Still a good flick. First viewing - 7/10

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
          Finally got Seven Psychopaths in the mail from Netflix yesterday and gave it a watch last night. I'm really sad to say this but I'm not sure what I think of it yet. The acting was good an they were all cast correctly for sure. The story was fun and original for the most part as well. There just seems to be something missing and I'm not sure what it is. I'm gunna give it another watch tonight and see if that changes anything. Still a good flick. First viewing - 7/10
          I felt the same after viewing it. I still can't give it a proper rating due to being half and half on it.

          Comment


          • Home sick from work.

            So far, I've watched:
            Sick Boy - 4/5 This was good! Would have rated it higher, but the main character was annoying as hell.
            The Witch's Mirror - 5/5 Loved this one.
            "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
            H.P. Lovecraft

            Comment


            • Paranormal Activity 4 - 5.5/10

              Easily the most formulaic and predictable of the bunch. Most scares didn't work but I like how they tied up a number of lose ends and had some cool new ideas (Xbox kinetic thingy was cool). I liked the ending and thought for the most part all actors were believable. Not as horrible as I thought but definitely going downhill..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                Yeah that's the one! Big Ben the Vietnam zombie is awesome. I'm trying to pick up the dvd boxset of 1-4. A Blu Ray release would be cool.
                4 is PAINFUL to watch it's not remotely fun.


                The Plague Dogs 10/10 another classic that needs no introduction

                Flight 8/10 Denzel always does solid work! A little too dramatic but all in all a very solid film.

                Comment


                • Crocodile Dundee 2 - 8/10

                  I saw a pic of Paul Hogan and his bitch from the series the other day and my god he has not aged well. He actually looked like Clint Eastwood's doppelganger.

                  Tombstone - 10/10

                  Holy shit! I am not a big western fan and I had seen bits and pices of this before but never the whole thing and I was blown away. The entire cast was superb. If he didnt one for it, Val Kilmer deserved an academy award for playing Doc Holiday. That was by far his best role Ive ever seen, even better than Jim Morrison. Everything that came out of his mouth was fucking poetry. Aside from Kurt Russel's incredibly fake stache he was awesome as well. I guess the only thing I didnt like wasnt really about the movie but how Billy Zane looked. Why is it everything he is in they make him look like an absolute flamer? Anyway I loved it and found the final scene between Wyatt and Doc heartbreaking. Easily the best western I have ever seen.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Frey View Post
                    Tombstone - 10/10
                    Holy shit! I am not a big western fan and I had seen bits and pices of this before but never the whole thing and I was blown away. The entire cast was superb. If he didnt one for it, Val Kilmer deserved an academy award for playing Doc Holiday. That was by far his best role Ive ever seen, even better than Jim Morrison. Everything that came out of his mouth was fucking poetry. Aside from Kurt Russel's incredibly fake stache he was awesome as well. I guess the only thing I didnt like wasnt really about the movie but how Billy Zane looked. Why is it everything he is in they make him look like an absolute flamer? Anyway I loved it and found the final scene between Wyatt and Doc heartbreaking. Easily the best western I have ever seen.
                    You really need to watch The Dollars Trilogy,Unforgiven,3:10 to Yuma,Rio Bravo,Outlaw Of Josey Wales,High Noon,High Plains Drifter,Pale Rider,WESTWORLD etc!

                    So many westerns better than Tombstone granted I like the film but it's way down the list in the western world.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Frey View Post
                      Tombstone - 10/10

                      Holy shit! I am not a big western fan and I had seen bits and pices of this before but never the whole thing and I was blown away. The entire cast was superb. If he didnt one for it, Val Kilmer deserved an academy award for playing Doc Holiday. That was by far his best role Ive ever seen, even better than Jim Morrison. Everything that came out of his mouth was fucking poetry. Aside from Kurt Russel's incredibly fake stache he was awesome as well. I guess the only thing I didnt like wasnt really about the movie but how Billy Zane looked. Why is it everything he is in they make him look like an absolute flamer? Anyway I loved it and found the final scene between Wyatt and Doc heartbreaking. Easily the best western I have ever seen.
                      You're missing out on a fanfuckingtastic Genre my good sir. Honestly right behind Horror westerns is my 2nd favorite Genre. Check out The Wild Bunch next if you can get around to it.

                      Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      You really need to watch The Dollars Trilogy,Unforgiven,3:10 to Yuma,Rio Bravo,Outlaw Of Josey Wales,High Noon,High Plains Drifter,Pale Rider,WESTWORLD etc!

                      So many westerns better than Tombstone granted I like the film but it's way down the list in the western world.
                      ^This! Tombstone although awesome its in the bottom 3 of the barrel. You can watch ALOT of awesome ones on Youtube such as the Trinity movies, some of the lesser known Django movies, and anything with Lee Van Cleef. If ya have any troubles finding a good one hit up some of us who loves this Genre and we'll throw some good ole recommends your way .

                      On another note I LOVE your Sig Freddy. That movie use to bother me to no end when I was a kid and one of the most beautiful animated movies ever made right behind Grave of the Fireflies.
                      Last edited by zaglewiz; 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Drive - 10/10

                        This is really a pretty flawless picture to say the least, that just keeps getting better everytime I watch it. This film has such an amazing atmosphere to the whole of it, with the awesome music choices and cinematography. I love it.

                        Comment


                        • Trauma (1993)

                          Argento's US giallo film. I saw this for the first time 6 years ago and I felt it was time for a re-watch.

                          Argento's trademark camera work is there but the violence has been toned down for the states (it's still violent but lacks the gory punch his previous films had) It also has some pacing issues and some uneven acting.

                          But the finale ties everything together beautifully and the mystery is a satisfying and compelling one.

                          "Ruby Rain" is also a great musical track.

                          Not as entertaining (or nasty) as Argento's other US production (his segment of Two Evil Eyes) but still a fun and satisfying murder mystery.

                          7/10
                          Last edited by The Geek; 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM.
                          Bow to the Schlock King

                          B-Movie Madness


                          Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Frey View Post
                            Tombstone - 10/10

                            Holy shit! I am not a big western fan and I had seen bits and pices of this before but never the whole thing and I was blown away. The entire cast was superb. If he didnt one for it, Val Kilmer deserved an academy award for playing Doc Holiday. That was by far his best role Ive ever seen, even better than Jim Morrison. Everything that came out of his mouth was fucking poetry. Aside from Kurt Russel's incredibly fake stache he was awesome as well. I guess the only thing I didnt like wasnt really about the movie but how Billy Zane looked. Why is it everything he is in they make him look like an absolute flamer? Anyway I loved it and found the final scene between Wyatt and Doc heartbreaking. Easily the best western I have ever seen.
                            It's a good movie but I think it's overrated.

                            If you have seen the Dollar Trilogy I can't recommend it enough, I'm not huge on westerns (at least I wasn't) and my love for Eastwood eventually drove me to see the DT. Gos, three of the best films you will EVER see. Some badass shit. Also, Outlaw Josey Wales is an underrated Eastwood flick and is one of my tops from him.
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                            "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                            You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                            My little idiot..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oxley View Post
                              It's a good movie but I think it's overrated.
                              [YOUTUBE]4yfr_Zj1iU4[/YOUTUBE]

                              52 Hookers and Counting....

                              Comment


                              • Over the last few days I've seen...

                                Fletch (1985) 10/10

                                Fletch Lives (1989) 7.5/10

                                The Deadliest Art: The Best of the Martial Arts Films (Doc '92) 7/10

                                Zombie (1979) 9/10

                                Night of the Living Dead (1968 ) 9/10

                                Night of the Living Dead (1990) 8/10

                                Day of the Dead (1985) 9/10

                                MST3k - Samson vs. the Vampire Women (1962) 8/10
                                MST3k - Beginning of the End (1957) 7/10
                                MST3k - Girls Town (1959) 8/10
                                MST3k - Werewolf (1995) 10/10
                                MST3k - Track of the Moon Beast (1976) 10/10
                                Rifftrax - Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) 8/10

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X