What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill: Revelation - 8/10

Really surprised with this. Loved how it stayed true to the first film. Cast was perfect in my eyes. The atmosphere was my favorite part of the first film and I'm glad it retained its value in this one as well. It did suffer from some pacing issues and the dialogue was hit or miss at times, but overall it didn't hurt the film that much. Not quite as good as the first, but a strong sequel nonetheless.

Comment

• "The Day After Tomorrow"........Another good disaster film by director Roland Emmerich. Screenplay/dialogue is iffy in some parts but the special effects and adventure are terrific!! The cast is all over the place ranging from good to ok to piss poor!! Found the younger cast to be more pivotal to the movie. Dennis Quaid is "ok" as the main character, but Sela Ward is horrendous!! Loved the New York and Los Angeles disaster scenes.

7/10

Comment

• Amour
        An old couple is confronted with sickness and hence slowly approaching death until the very and shocking end.
        Thoughtful and emotionally gripping, especially at the end. Haneke hits the spot again, he has just the right hand for exposing and portraying extreme emotions with stunning sobriety. Could have been trimmed to 100 minutes only, but that's only a minor complaint.
        I don't know, why the Academy didn't nominate Jean-Louis Trintignant for Best Supporting Actor, he is equally amazing like Emmanuelle Riva. I would award Haneke for Best Director and his film for Best Picture as well. But we all know this won't happen, at least the Best Picture award.

9/10
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Inside - 7/10

Hobo with a Shotgun - 10/10

Comment

• Forever Evil - 3.5/5
            The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus - 3/5
            "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
            H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Hansel and Gretel Get Baked - 1/5

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                Amour
                An old couple is confronted with sickness and hence slowly approaching death until the very and shocking end.
                Thoughtful and emotionally gripping, especially at the end. Haneke hits the spot again, he has just the right hand for exposing and portraying extreme emotions with stunning sobriety. Could have been trimmed to 100 minutes only, but that's only a minor complaint.
                I don't know, why the Academy didn't nominate Jean-Louis Trintignant for Best Supporting Actor, he is equally amazing like Emmanuelle Riva. I would award Haneke for Best Director and his film for Best Picture as well. But we all know this won't happen, at least the Best Picture award.

9/10
                I need to get on this.

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                Inside - 7/10

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                Hansel and Gretel Get Baked - 1/5
                Yeah, had a feeling this would be garbage.

Children of Men - 10/10

Antichrist - 10/10

I was in the mood for some amazing cinematography. Been a while for both and they're both amazing.

Comment

• Kotoko (2011) ~ 9 / 10

[YOUTUBE]ILChkxK-w70[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• From Dusk Till Dawn 10/10 I will never get tired of this movie ever!!

Alien 9/10 Haven't watched this in years, if wondering why not a 10 but a 9 score I was very disappointed in how Parker and Lambert's death scenes were combined and very short, they never ran or really tried to fight back (well Parker tried a little to try and save Lambert) it's like they just stood there watching what the Alien was gonna do next.
                    But aside from that this is one of the best movies ever made.
                    Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
                    2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
                    3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
                    4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
                    6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
                    7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
                    8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
                    10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

• sometimes they come back (7/10)

Comment

• I Drink Your Blood - 9/10
                        The Sword and the Sorcerer - 6/10

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - 7/10

Watching it for the first time in it's entirety, & it's not really all that bad, just a standard, by the numbers slasher movie. It's not scary, or innovative by any chance, but it's entertaining. It has minus the magic of the first two movies, but manages to create it's own by just being dumb fun.

Comment

• V/H/S
                            Ultimate Heist

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post

May - 10/10

It has been around 8 or so years since I watched May because my ex hated anything horror so last night I revisited this movie. I used to really love this movie for pretty much every aspect of it but this time it was kinda like I was watching it again for the first time. Angela Bettis was hot as fuck in this movie no matter how she loooked in it. I really enjoyed watching this.

Donnie Darko - 9/10

Another revisited film that was just as good as the first time I saw it. And the only Swayze movie besides Point Break I like.

Hellraiser - 8/10

Would you beleive me if I said I never seen this until last night? Its true. Ive had it for a while but never could watch it when I was around my ex. It was great and honestly makes all the recent Hellraiser films after the first few seem fucking retarded.

Comment

• The Collection - 7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X