What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatchet 2 - 8/10

Had to give this another viewing. I feel that it's really underrated, even though it's a step up from the original. I love the first movie, but I liked that the comedic level is toned down a bit in this movie, & the gore is just awesome. I think Crowley is a good villain, with potential to be better, but it as it seems, he'll never cross over to a more mainstream audience.

Comment

• I, Madman (1989)-7/10

On Deadly Ground (1994)-9/10
      Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

• Toy Story 10/10 after all these years it hasn't lost it's fun! I never noticed in Sid's room that the toolbox was a Binford ahh the little things

Comment

• Bullet To The Head
          After watching their respective partners die, a New Orleans hitman and a Washington D.C. detective form an alliance in order to bring down their common enemy.
          This was a good nostalgic old-school buddy-action film with the usual lines they made back in the 80's. Stallone looks a bit worn out, but he still manages to kick major ass and his screen presence is yet intimidating. Though the script is pretty shallow, the action is hard-hitting and brutal, typical early Walter Hill stuff. The score was mentionworthy too, it was actually the best component in this mixture. And yeah, Sarah Shahi as his daughter is damn hawd.

7/10

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
          cmon man, ur better than that. On a side note, though....

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
          Which one did you watch?
          The version from 1997. Didn't even know he did americanize his own film. Have to check that out as well.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• "Scanners"....Another great David Cronenberg horror classic!! Some awesome special effects, terrific gore makeup, strong original screenplay (except for some gross character dialogue)...and top notch direction. However, the cast is all over the place. Only major standouts are Michael Ironside(who is terrific and menacing), Lawrence Dane, and Jennifer O'Neill (nicely done subtle and dramatic performances). Stephen Lack as "Cameron" is just horrible. Very poor casting choice there. Lack also strikes a resemblance to David Emge(Dawn Of The Dead). Aside from the mixed cast...Scanners is a top notch classic thriller with a great and mind-blowing final showdown between the 2 brothers.

9/10

Comment

• Streetwalkin' - 7/10
              Daimajin - 8/10

Comment

• Toy Story 2 10/10

Toy Story 3 10/10

Comment

• The Marsh (2006)
                  http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rp4l7c.jpg

Comment

• Enter the Dragon - Greatness but imo overrated. 'Way of...' is my favorite Lee film.
                    Cheats - From the DVD artwork, I figured this would be a sorta of Fox Family oriented film but it's actually a treat.
                    The Illusionist - Great flick.

later today/tonight:
                    The Heineken Kidnapping
                    The Thieves

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                      My Brother from another mother. I'm Mel Gibson, and you're Danny Glover

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                      The version from 1997. Didn't even know he did americanize his own film. Have to check that out as well.
                      I always liked Funny Games was a dreadful movie, in a good way, and enjoyed the extremely slow burn, but I'm the opposite of you in this regard. Only seen the remake, which is shot for shot, apparently.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - wow... this movie was fantastic. Tugging at the heartstrings throughout the film, with genuine moments, while mixing in some great humor. Logan Lernman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller all play their roles amazingly, and the script is just top notch, as you follow along, and get to know these characters, at the same time that they get to know each other. That was my fav. aspect of the film, I'd say. I gotta say Ezra Miller in aprticular is building a nice high school drama resume, with this, We Need to Talk About Kevin, Beware the Gonzo, and Afterschool. All solid flicks. 10/10

Comment

• Hitchcock - Anthony Hopkins was amazing! Makes me want to read his biography now though.
                        9/10

Comment

• The Watch - 7.5/10 ... Pretty funny movie. Kinda odd at times lol

Comment

• The Seasoning House
                            A mute girl, who happens to be a victim in the yugoslavian civil war, is abducted into a builiding full of war orphans, namely girls, and forced to serve militia as sexual objects. She gains the trust of the one who runs this shit, slowly making a plan for revenge.
                            Though the theme was pretty disturbing and basically good stuff for the screen, but the implementation...not so much. The build-up wasn't that bad, using many slo-mos and bleached out imagery, but the movie doesn't really lift off, nor does the sympathy for the girl, thanks to a shallow script and second-class acting. Violence-level was decent, though sometimes not very believable. An 80 pound gilr can't take out a 200 pound war monster.
                            I thought that Eden was the far better version of the same theme.

5/10
                            Last edited by Santa; 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                              The Watch - 7.5/10 ... Pretty funny movie. Kinda odd at times lol
                              I wasn't sure about it at first but after a few watches with some friends I've really grown to like it.

"Why are their dicks exploding!?"
                              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                                I wasn't sure about it at first but after a few watches with some friends I've really grown to like it.

"Why are their dicks exploding!?"
                                Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                                The Watch - 7.5/10 ... Pretty funny movie. Kinda odd at times lol

I really liked it! I was expecting trash but laughed the whole time.

Evan (looks at green alien goo): "What a second I've seen this stuff before..."

Franklin: "Have you just won a Nickelodeon Kid's Choice award?"

Comment

Working...
                                X