No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredible Burt Wonderstone 2013 (6.5/10) - It's a very standard comedy in terms of formula etc. but sprinkled throughout are some hilarious moments. I'm a big Jim Carrey fan and thought he was great and the funniest he's been in a while. Overall its worth a rent.

Plague of the Zombies 1966 (7/10) - I'd rate it as one of the better hammer films with a great build up but the final act could have been better.

Comment

• Hotel Transylvania - 3/5 My niece really liked it.
      Wreck-It Ralph - Loved it!
      The Avengers - 4.5/5 "Puny God."
      Malefique - 3.5/5 Weird flick.
      "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
      H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Pulp Fiction and I watched Django:Unchained, Inglourious Basterds, and Argo yesterday.
        "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Murder-Rock: Dancing Death (1984)-7/10
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Argo - 3.5 or 4/5

Can't decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
              I can't believe this place is still utterly fucked. So this is the BD forum, whereas the new BD forum isn't the, um, BD forum?

Pretty much yeah. This is out little humble place of legend.

Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
              I... I recorded them, man. I changed channels in between films and everything and I recorded them to... watch... later...

They. Weren't too bad. Really. Um...

<hangs head in shame>
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                Argo - 3.5 or 4/5

Can't decide.
                I wasn't sure how much I liked it on first viewing, but it was much better the second and third time.

The Godfather: Part II - 10/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                  I could understand if it was that Jennifer Love Hewitt handjob show but...this...
                  It's my own fault. To cut a long story short, I made a new year's resolution a year or two ago that I'd watch or record as many movies on TV that I'd never seen before.

You'd be amazed how many shitty Hollywood romcoms were made in the last couple of decades. I swear, some of them must have gone straight to video, I'd never even heard of them before.
                  Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• The Perks of Being A Wallflower - 4.5/5

Comment

• Panic Room- 7/10- l didn't realise that Jodie Foster's little boy in this is the chick from the Twilight movies, before he/she became a washed-out whore.

Comment

• Zodiac (2007) - 10/10

Great movie, criminally underrated.

It's weird, I always double check the locks before I go to bed after watching this movie...This morning the lock on the front door was broken. I am a little creeped out.
                        Last edited by Dr. McStuffin; 03-17-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Hitchcock
                          This film depicts the production process of making the iconic "Psycho", which caused many troubles and obstacles, before it was finally released.
                          I liked it a lot, Anthony Hopkins is Hitch, he acts with such convicting devotion and dedication - just awesome to watch at. Helen Mirren his rock-solid as well, she plays the conflicted and suffering wife fine, they both really complemented each other. All other supporting roles were ok too, too bad we didn't see Scarlett Johansson naked - "her breasts were rather large" - so the words of the maestro.
                          I can wholeheartedly recommend it, I had a great time with this. Plus, it has a fine cinematography as well.

9/10

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                          Argo - 3.5 or 4/5

Can't decide.
                          Give it a 4/5, it is just solid and authentic filmmaking.
                          I tend to buy the Blu-ray.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by capecep View Post
                            Zodiac (2007) - 10/10

Great movie, criminally underrated.

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                            It's weird, I always double check the locks before I go to bed after watching this movie...This morning the lock on the front door was broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              The Perks of Being A Wallflower - 4.5/5
                              This movie was really surprising to me as well. Loved it.

Comment

• The Warriors - 8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X