• Lady Snowblood
    Hausu
    Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• Gangster Squad - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
        Django Unchained 9/10

To my surprise, I liked this just about as much as Inglorious Basterds. The 2 hours and 45 minutes flew by, and most surprising to me was Leonardo da Vinci's performance. He annoys the fuck out of me in nearly everything he's in, but he damn near stole the show here.
        Di Caprio annoys me too and I wish Scorsese wouldn't cast him all the time as I always think someone else could do a better job. However he really was great in this and I love the film as well.

Switchblade Sisters 1975 (8.5/10) - Really fun exploitation with awesome dialogue (can see how it inspired Tarantino). Shame non of the actors went on to have careers as I thought they were all great with unique looks.

Big Doll House 1971 (7.5/10) - Good flick and its nice to watch Grier and Haig. Jack Hill creates interesting characters and for exploitation he unravels the story with sophistication and as always provides a worthy climax.

Comment

• Seen these over the last few days...

Branded (2012) 5/10

Evil Dead (2013) 8.5/10

The Evil Dead (1981) 10/10

Evil Dead II (1987) 10/10

Army of Darkness (1992) 8/10

G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987) 8/10

Bernie (2011) 7/10

Pleasure for Sale (2008 Doc) 3/10

Eye of the Tiger (1986) 8.5/10

The Exterminator (1980) 8/10

Exterminator 2 (1984) 8/10

Alienator (1990) 4/10

Cyclone (1987) 6/10

Witchery (aka Witchcraft 1988 ) 6/10

MST3k - The Clonus Horror (1979) 9/10
          MST3k - Mitchell (1975) 10/10

Comment

• life of pi (8/10)

django unchained (8/10)

creepshow (10/10)

frogs (7/10)

bloodsport (6/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
              50/50

Now this is up my humours ally. A "comedy" film dealing with cancer. Although not littered throughout the comedy was hilarious laugh out loud shit, but it wasn't too much as to cloud the overall feeling of dread that cancer undoubtedly brings.

Solid performances by all and that therapist was one little hottie. I'd recommend a film like this to almost everyone. A hilarious, but touching film. 10/10
              a great film, indeed

Comment

• The Abyss

With heavyweights like Titanic, Avatar and Terminator under his belt, it can be quite easy to forget about this little(?) Cameron gem. Yet I'd still rank this one above the former two. The sheer level of design and strenuous effort of both the cast and crew on this one never ceases to amaze me. You only have to watch the Making Of to see this truly was probably the 'toughest shoot in film history' as it's often labelled. Also one of Cameron's better and most complex scripts with alot of great characterization. Michael Biehn's and Ed Harris' performances are among my favorites. Ending is hit or miss, but I dig it. Yep, love this movie alot.

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  Finally some sense coming out of you!
                  Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                  There's hope left, even if it is a tiny spark. Good.

Fuck the both of you.
                  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                  Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                  My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                    Finally some sense coming out of you!
                    Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                    There's hope left, even if it is a tiny spark. Good.
                    Oxley's small heart grew three sizes that day.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                      Get your ass to Mars!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                        The Abyss

With heavyweights like Titanic, Avatar and Terminator under his belt, it can be quite easy to forget about this little(?) Cameron gem. Yet I'd still rank this one above the former two. The sheer level of design and strenuous effort of both the cast and crew on this one never ceases to amaze me. You only have to watch the Making Of to see this truly was probably the 'toughest shoot in film history' as it's often labelled. Also one of Cameron's better and most complex scripts with alot of great characterization. Michael Biehn's and Ed Harris' performances are among my favorites. Ending is hit or miss, but I dig it. Yep, love this movie alot.

9/10
                        I agree. This movie is terribly underrated and way better than Avatar, story-wise spoken.
                        Would be nice to see it on Blu-ray, Director's Cut and all that other cool stuff, which was previously released on DVD. Too bad it didn't have an anamorphic transfer.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                          My little idiot..

Comment

This SOB ain't got no motherfucking heart.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• The Hunt for Red October- Never much cared for this. lts okay, with a GREAT cast and everything, but l guess l prefer the more action-packed Jack Ryan flicks with Harrison Ford. You get a lot of behind the curtain diplomacy in this one, with lots of talking, and Alec Baldwin doing that stupid pouty thing with his lips. l really dig submarine movies too, but this surfaces nowhere near greater vessels such as Das Boot or U571. 6/10

Comment

• Benny and Joon

Comment

Working...
                                X