Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    I've always wanted to see this to see if it lives up the its infamous reputation, but I just can't get past the shit eating, which I've seen clips of.
    The Circle of Shit is the best part of the movie.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
      The Circle of Shit is the best part of the movie.
      I feel ill just thinking about it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
        I've always wanted to see this to see if it lives up the its infamous reputation, but I just can't get past the shit eating, which I've seen clips of.
        I'm good with gore but stuff like that makes me gag. Subliminally it's probably why I haven't gotten round to this and Pink Flamingos .

        Comment


        • Thing about salo and Pink Flamingos is in PF it's real
          Cinema Junkyard

          Comment


          • Goon
            Labeled an outcast by his brainy family, a bouncer overcomes long odds to lead a team of under performing misfits to semi-pro hockey glory, beating the crap out of everything that stands in his way.
            I love Hockey-themed movies and this one delivered the goods as well. Many NSFW-lines, hilarious characters and Hockey-clichees, bonecrunching violence on ice and beside it make this a fun time. I liked it a lot.

            4/5

            Raging Bull
            This is the story of the rise and fall of middleweight champion Jake LaMotta, which was masterfully executed by Scorsese for the big screen in 1980. This film has aged well imo, despite some erratic passages in the plot structure. He later definitely matured from this and learned to add a tighter narrative style to his films. Despite those minor complaints, Raging Bull delivers first of all visually and lives by the performance of method-acting maniac Robert DeNiro. He gives a lesson how a believable and blood-and-guts-perfromance has to look like. A first-grade powerhouse performance.
            And don't forget Joe Pesci. This little fucker is one hell of a gifted actor too.

            4,5/5

            Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
            Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom- This movie's reputation precedes it by about a mile, and l'm happy to declare that it lives up to that reputation abhorrently. It is a torrid journey through the repugnant circles of Hell, set in Nazi occupied Italy. It literally wallows in filth, in the most gleefully depressing manner, revelling in the basest animal deviances that can be imagined by man. This is what Hell must truly be like, a total absence of love and pleasure, replaced with mocking hate and constant indignities performed upon the frail human body, with all the dirt, blood, piss, and shit that accompany such extreme tortures. There are sexual perversions of all kinds, yet nothing in this film is the slightest bit arousing. Lots of full-frontal nudity here, with a good deal of 70s bush and uncircumcised studs that have been way too long out at pasture. The transfer for the Criterion Blu-ray is gorgeous, the picture quality being a little too good in certain scenes... I feel dirty after watching this, covered in a soul-searing grime that no shower can wash off. What a great, twisted, depraved movie this is. 7/10
            Once you have watched it, you never forget it. I still have some problems to find the higher meaning behind it, at least the one Pasolini intended. But on closer consideration it still works for many demonic and devilish systems, in which humanity loses his face.
            One of the most powerful and subsequently controverse movie of all time.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

            Comment


            • Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
              Thing about salo and Pink Flamingos is in PF it's real
              Surely not!? I assumed they would use a mashed up chocolate bar or something... If real i'm not sure I could stomach that scene...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                Once you have watched it, you never forget it. I still have some problems to find the higher meaning behind it, at least the one Pasolini intended. But on closer consideration it still works for many demonic and devilish systems, in which humanity loses his face.
                One of the most powerful and subsequently controverse movie of all time.
                Yeah, I like to push myself when It comes to movies, but I'm in no hurry to see Salo.

                Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                Surely not!? I assumed they would use a mashed up chocolate bar or something... If real i'm not sure I could stomach that scene...
                According to John Waters, it really happened...Divine ate dog shit
                Cinema Junkyard

                Comment


                • l never even heard of Pink Flamingos 'til you guys mentioned it. Downloading now...

                  Comment


                  • War of the Worlds (2005) - At first Tom Cruise seems terribly miscast in this Spielberg alien invasion flick, as a divorced everyday schmoe who starts off sort of deadbeat and unlikeable. Then the Martians attack, and Cruise's default God Mode is activated. Before you know it hes sprinting through barrages of Death Rays and swimming in pools of tri-pod infected blood, just like the old Tom we know and love. I really enjoy the dark nature of this film, and wish Spielberg would direct one more devilish horror-type venture before he retires. At this point he can direct a movie like Lincoln in his sleep. 6/10

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                      l never even heard of Pink Flamingos 'til you guys mentioned it. Downloading now...
                      Hmm someone eats shit in that move, i want to watch it! Let me know what you think. I'll deffo get round to it eventually as John Waters is an interesting dude.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        Hmm someone eats shit in that move, i want to watch it! Let me know what you think. I'll deffo get round to it eventually as John Waters is an interesting dude.
                        l think Cry-Baby is the only one of his movies l've ever seen, but l seem to remember liking it.

                        Comment


                        • Red (200



                          Decent Jack Ketchum story about a man and his dog. Brian Cox is excellent and displays his impressive chops in this tightly written little drama that's well worth a watch.

                          7.5/10
                          Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM.

                          Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

                          Comment


                          • Unbreakable (2000) - 9/10 Almost a perfect movie, the ending really got me though
                            http://slayersragex.dvdaf.com/

                            Comment


                            • Wreck-It Ralph (2012)-9/10
                              A Haunted House (2013)-5/10
                              Stitches (2012)-9/10
                              Red Dawn (2012)-7/10
                              Drive (2011)-10/10
                              Bow to the Schlock King

                              B-Movie Madness


                              Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                              Comment


                              • Knife in the Water (1962)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X