Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
    Transformers: The Movie (1986)

A great 80's animated epic. The quality and scope go way beyond the cartoon series. If you were weaned on the show as a child, then you must recall the shock and awe that this film provided, once the great hair-band soundtrack kicks in, and beloved Generation-1 characters tragically meet their demise. An awesome voice cast lends their talents, including Leonard Nimoy, Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, and Orson Welles in his final credited role as Unicron, the planet-eater. This is truly the Autobot's darkest hour. Sure, it has it's flaws, but its made of sterner stuff than anything Michael Bay ever directed.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      Why wait. It's online.
      Is it watchable?

Klown was right, we are really just a bunch of pirates, thieves and robbers.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Superman: Unbound

Another damn fine movie from the halls of DC Universe animation. This one proves that Kal-El is not quite invulnerable, as he literally bleeds in his struggle to save Metropolis from the twisted machinations of the evil Brainiac. Supergirl joins the fight here as well, in a more mature and pivotal role than she ever played in the now classic Justice League animated series. At this moment l could not be more psyched for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. Bring it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
          The Place Beyond the Pines - 10/10

Brilliant.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
          Is it watchable?

Yup, it's a screener.

The Place Beyond the Pines - 10/10

Loved it also. It's like a three part film.

Comment

• Quest for Fire (1981)

Best. Caveman movie. Ever. It chronicles the plight of three neanderthals in their journey for a new source of fire after their camp is raided by savage ape-men and rabid wolves. Ron Perlman is perfect in the role of primitive Amoukar, with his naturally jutting forehead and other cro-magnon features...the same goes for Rae Dawn Chong. Their quest takes them across sprawling landscapes full of archaic dangers, such as saber-toothed tigers, giant wooly-mammoths, and sub-human cannibal tribes. Sometimes violent, frequently surreal, and always beautiful, this is one of the best adventure movies l've ever seen. It makes me realize l was born 80,000 years too late, and has me pining for the more simple times, when you could just approach any dirty cave-whore of your choice and claim her, without the nuisance of dinner and protracted conversation.

10/10. My god, this is such a damn good movie.

Comment

• watching Django again. Yes I am obsessed. It sounds great on bluray as apposed to dvd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jinx View Post
                Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)
                http://oi39.tinypic.com/286uaer.jpg

5.5/10
                Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - 8/10
                hmm I loved Dead Snow, so I hope this is an entertaining flick, at least.

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                Superman: Unbound

Another damn fine movie from the halls of DC Universe animation. This one proves that Kal-El is not quite invulnerable, as he literally bleeds in his struggle to save Metropolis from the twisted machinations of the evil Brainiac. Supergirl joins the fight here as well, in a more mature and pivotal role than she ever played in the now classic Justice League animated series. At this moment l could not be more psyched for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. Bring it on.
                Ya, DC has the animation locked down, while Marvel has the live-action (not counting batman, and the upcoming superman). Can't wait to check this out

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                Quest for Fire (1981)

Best. Caveman movie. Ever. It chronicles the plight of three neanderthals in their journey for a new source of fire after their camp is raided by savage ape-men and rabid wolves. Ron Perlman is perfect in the role of primitive Amoukar, with his naturally jutting forehead and other cro-magnon features...the same goes for Rae Dawn Chong. Their quest takes them across sprawling landscapes full of archaic dangers, such as saber-toothed tigers, giant wooly-mammoths, and sub-human cannibal tribes. Sometimes violent, frequently surreal, and always beautiful, this is one of the best adventure movies l've ever seen. It makes me realize l was born 80,000 years too late, and has me pining for the more simple times, when you could just approach any dirty cave-whore of your choice and claim her, without the nuisance of dinner and protracted conversation.

yes. As I read that, I got this funny visual in my head. "Maybe another time" is what I always say, every time I pass this up in my insta que on netflix. Maybe I'll give it a view on sunday.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                Is it watchable?

Well I know for me, and many of you, as well, we pirate the shit out of films, but we also buy our fair share. I don't pirate games, or anything else, really.

John Dies at the End - Starts with the main character, Dave, sitting in a restaurant, talking to a news reporter about how crazy the last couple of years of his life have been, how he's a psychic, and that he's hooked on the soy sauce. That's all you should know, before going into this.

After watching, I want to see more from Coscarelli. The guy still has "it", which I cannot say for Carpenter, Craven (Scream is about the script), or Romero, legends, they may be. Plot holes aside (and there are a couple) John Dies at the End is just pure, trippy, fun. Love the slapsticky effects, and colorful visuals. The actors who play John, and Dave are charming enough, and it's cool to see Fabianne Therese get more roles after the surprising The Aggression Scale. 8.5/10

My Best Friend's a Vampire - Typical guy is trying to get laid, and a mysterious woman invites the guy to her house for a late night bootycall. Gee, guess what happens next. Since the main character was already on a path of self discovery, becoming a vampire enhances the journey. Chalk this up as one of those "horror" movies to show your kids to ease them into the genre. More of an 80's highschool comedy, than horror, but the vampire theme makes it so. 7/10

Comment

Quest for Fire (1981)

When I was in school studying anthropology this movie was something of a running joke because of how hysterically wrong the history in this movie is. It's crazy entertaining

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                    John Dies at the End - Starts with the main character, Dave, sitting in a restaurant, talking to a news reporter about how crazy the last couple of years of his life have been, how he's a psychic, and that he's hooked on the soy sauce. That's all you should know, before going into this.

After watching, I want to see more from Coscarelli. The guy still has "it", which I cannot say for Carpenter, Craven (Scream is about the script), or Romero, legends, they may be. Plot holes aside (and there are a couple) John Dies at the End is just pure, trippy, fun. Love the slapsticky effects, and colorful visuals. The actors who play John, and Dave are charming enough, and it's cool to see Fabianne Therese get more roles after the surprising The Aggression Scale. 8.5/10

Fucking love this film.

Comment

• The Place Beyond The Pines 7/10

Sigh it was done well but overall it felt like 3 movies in one and never had that hook or consistency.

Comment

• Argo - 5/5
                        The Impossible - 4/5
                        Truth or Die - 4/5
                        The Blood on Satan's Claw - 3.5/5
                        The Multilator - 3/5
                        Class Reunion Massacre - 3/5
                        Shakma - 2/5
                        "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                        H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Iron Man 3
                          This was one hell of an action rollercoaster ride, especially at the end. I did get my usual headaches due to the godamn 3D, but the action compensated that pretty good. There was the point where the senses became a bit overstimulated, the amount of action was just sometimess too damn high. The long and endless list of the effects wizards in the end titles proved that.
                          Good entry in the trilogy, if not the best.

4/5
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Transformers: The Movie (1986)

A great 80's animated epic. The quality and scope go way beyond the cartoon series. If you were weaned on the show as a child, then you must recall the shock and awe that this film provided, once the great hair-band soundtrack kicks in, and beloved Generation-1 characters tragically meet their demise. An awesome voice cast lends their talents, including Leonard Nimoy, Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, and Orson Welles in his final credited role as Unicron, the planet-eater. This is truly the Autobot's darkest hour. Sure, it has it's flaws, but its made of sterner stuff than anything Michael Bay ever directed.

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post

My Best Friend's a Vampire - Typical guy is trying to get laid, and a mysterious woman invites the guy to her house for a late night bootycall. Gee, guess what happens next. Since the main character was already on a path of self discovery, becoming a vampire enhances the journey. Chalk this up as one of those "horror" movies to show your kids to ease them into the genre. More of an 80's highschool comedy, than horror, but the vampire theme makes it so. 7/10

Originally posted by Frey View Post
                            watching Django again. Yes I am obsessed. It sounds great on bluray as apposed to dvd.
                            I was gonna give you a beer chug too because I love this film but than you had to mention bluray

Comment

• Boiler Room - Can't believe I waited so long to see this one. - 9/10
                              Oblivion - 9/10
                              21 Jump Street - 8.5/10
                              The Campaign - 8.5/10

Comment

• Murder Weapon (1989)-7/10

Cheesy but fun Linnea Quigley movie. A little too talkitive at times but the murder sequences made up for that. Great stuff and yeah the boobs are great.

Comment

Working...
                                X