Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
    Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice - 8/10

A guilty pleasure of mine and my favorite entry in the COTC franchise. Maximum cheese and some crappy special effects, but it also includes some very mean spirited kills and a fun atmosphere.
    3 will always be my favorite but this is a fun one. Much better than the original and most of the later sequels.

Comment

• Mama and The Impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
        3 will always be my favorite but this is a fun one. Much better than the original and most of the later sequels.
        3 is definitely very entertaining as well, easily my second fave.

I still haven't gained the courage to watch part 6 and beyond.

Comment

3 is definitely very entertaining as well, easily my second fave.

I still haven't gained the courage to watch part 6 and beyond.
          I could barely make it through it 6 and beyond.

Comment

I could barely make it through it 6 and beyond.
            Bad Boys II stock footage in Genesis says it all.

Plus, 6 and 7 look painfully dull.

Comment

Bad Boys II stock footage in Genesis says it all.

Plus, 6 and 7 look painfully dull.
              6 & 7 were extremely dull. Nothing that exciting happens at all in either and they are very forgettable.

They just need to stop with this franchise. Both the SyFy remake and Genesis were terrible.

No more sequels, no more reboots. Just let it rest.

Comment

6 & 7 were extremely dull. Nothing that exciting happens at all in either and they are very forgettable.

They just need to stop with this franchise. Both the SyFy remake and Genesis were terrible.

No more sequels, no more reboots. Just let it rest.
                I saw the remake on SyFy a long time ago and switched it off about 25 minutes in. Agreed, they need to let it rest now... the good days are long over for this franchise.

Comment

I saw the remake on SyFy a long time ago and switched it off about 25 minutes in. Agreed, they need to let it rest now... the good days are long over for this franchise.
                  I watched the entire thing and it was painful. The kid playing Isaac was terrible and the girlfriend character was one of the most annoying people in the history of horror.

I was expecting more CGI, though. It is SyFy.

I do think the series needs a "good" reboot. But with Dimension owning the rights...doubtful.

Comment

• Bullet to the Head - Nice to see Walter Hill back in the director chair 6.5/10

Jack the Giant Slayer - 7/10

Comment

• Halloween (2007) - 7/10

Entertaining reimagining of the classic Carpenter slasher. This is obviously not perfect in any way, but offers some solid violence and good performances from Danielle Harris and Sherri Moon in my opinion.

Comment

• Darkness: The Vampire Version (1997)

Very much "The Evil Dead" of the 1990's. Some amazing gore here, especially the meltdowns at the end of the film and the score was fantastic.

Too bad Jonker never got a sequel off the ground since the film has an open ending.

9/10

Comment

• Quartet - 8.5/10
                          Easily one of my favorite movies in the last few months. Powerful performances from a wonderful cast and Hoffamn accomplishes what very few first time directors do. Looking forward to this upcoming work.

Battle of Britain - 7.5/10

Sublime - 7/10
                          Deserves an A for originality and has some decent twists and solid acting but the movie is somewhat lacklustering at times. I prefer Otis, the directors second film but both this Sublime and Otis have their moments.
                          Last edited by kevinb; 06-04-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Hatchet II

Comment

• The Wolfman (2010)

I didn't think I would like this movie as I am not keen on Hammer movies that why it's taken me this long to watch this movie and I got to say WOW, I loved this movie.

As soon as the movie started I was already sold, I loved the opening scenes of the movie, really well done.

There some great tense moment in this movie and I really liked the flash back as well, fitted in well with rest of the movie.

I loved the gory death in this movie and I didn't even think this movie will have any blood at all and the effect were really good.

I really the most of the movie until that wolf fight scenes, which I didn't really liked and find silly some odd effect in that parts of the movie, the only down side of the movie.

The acting was really good from the whole and I love transformations was really good.

8 out of 10, Awesome remake,

Comment

• Jack The Giant Slayer (2013)
                                http://i40.tinypic.com/1ru7hu.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X