What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post

Child's Play Franchise - 1 - 8.5 > Bride - 8 > 2 - 8 > Seed - 7.5 > 3 - 6.5 imo

Couple comments about Seed The beginning of this looks like the new Curse, so I thought it was cool to take the more traditional beginning of this movie, and then turn it completely on it's head. Just like Jason X, my bad memories of seeing it years ago, before I started loving bad taste films, really clouded my judgement of the film. Is it a masterpiece? Hell no, but it is one schlocky gory (more gore than all the movies in the franchise combined) GOOD time, and major guilty pleasure. It's like a mix of Scream 3, Halloween Resurrection, and Troma... Weird combo. What I didn't like was how pretentious it got. This one was LTTP with its Freddy/Jason/Michael prop cameos, and I when Chucky calls himself one of the greatest slasher icons (though he is).

3 is the worst, because it's terribly boring, and Andy is a wuss. It gets good at the end when Chucky tricks them into killing eachother, and then the carnival.
    Child's Play 3 boring? No. Dumb as all hell? Definitely but it was never boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
      James Franco is the main thing that has kept me from giving this movie a chance, he is a bag of douche and I can't stand seeing his face most of the time
      Franco was absolutely fantastic in SB.

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      He was correct with his disappointed smiley.

But at the same time I can understand why one would dislike this.
      It's a love it or hate it type of flick I guess.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
        Never said he wasn't just that I can't stand the guy, I've enjoyed films he's in but rarely because of him. I'll give the film a chance eventually and I'll probably enjoy it, I just have to be in the right mindset first

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post

It's a love it or hate it type of flick I guess.
          This is true, definitely an audience divider.

Comment

• The Quest (1996)-7/10
            Dolly Dearest (1991)-7/10
            Mischief (1985)-9/10

Comment

• Hotel Transylvania - 8/10

Solid movie with some great animation.

Comment

• The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
                The film revolves around five well-off friends, who attempt to dine together, despite continual interruptions. That's only the frame of the story, the main focus is on the five gatherings of them and the four dreams of different characters.
                That was a weird and bizarre ride. Every character takes events for granted, even if they are totally crazy and illogical in the current situation. With that move, Bunuel ingeniously caricatures the corrupted and polluted minds of the protagonists, exposing them to the pity of the audience.
                This film earned the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film in 1972. Those were the days, when the Academy had sense for quality stuff.

4/5

That Obscure Object Of Desire

The film tells the story of an aging Frenchman falling in love with a young woman, who repeatedly frustrates his romantic and sexual desires.
                This film is way better to approach than "The Discrete Charme...", mainly because of the absence of illogical and crashing storylines. Novum was also the use of two different actresses in the leading role of Conchita, which enhances the confusing and deceptive character of the female part. I though that was a brilliant artistic move by Bunuel. There's also plenty of nudity - full frontal or halfnaked - incorporated in this, my favorite being Carole Bouquet's awesome frame. She later appeard in "For Your Eyes Only" as one of my favorite Bond girls.
                Oh boy, those tits...
                Worth owning it on Blu.

5/5

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                Spring Breakers - it was ok, as an exploitation flick, nothing more, really. When it first came on, I thought... "KIDS 2", then come to find out this guy wrote Kids. I wasn't awed by Franco's performance, in fact I thought he was very hit or miss (one point he's standing on top of his bed ranting shit, which is obviously improv, and all he can find to say was "LOOK AT MY SHIT YALL!!!"). In fact, most of the acting is wooden as shit, and I dunno why Korine put Gucci Mane in this movie... absolutely horrible. BUT. It's nicely shot, with lots of neon colors, reminiscent of Enter the Void, in a way. Rather than grounded in reality, this movie felt like a big dream. Adrenalin fueled, with Lots of tits, and pot smoking. 7/10
                Would be for me the only reason to get behind it.
                Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                Hotel Transylvania - 8/10

Solid movie with some great animation.
                Last edited by Santa; 07-18-2013, 03:45 AM.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Hotel Transylvania (2012) - 8/10

Really funny and entertaining, with tons of interesting characters and cool animation. It was surprisingly touching at times as well.

Comment

• "Resident Evil"....A very cool action/horror flick. Enjoyed the thrills, suspense, bloody gore(what they showed), humor, and terrific female characters. Milla Jovovich is awesome as "Alice". She was sexy, dramatic,and totally kickass!. Michelle Rodriguez as "Rain" was pretty good. Her character was a good addition to the movie. Performance-wise she was good...but that "bitchy/frowning" thing she did all the time wore itself out after awhile. The male cast is alright. There were only 2 guys that actually stood out from the rest, and they are the guys that played "Matt" and "Spencer". The movie could have used more gore though and I liked the added zombified dogs to the mix of threats going on in the film!! The direction and screenplay are both strong too. A very entertaining thrill ride!!

8/10

Comment

• "Resident Evil: Apocalypse".....This is a terrific action/thriller. Great action, solid special effects, strong ensemble acting, suspense, and some awesome gore all highlight the movie. Loved the sets and screenplay. Best highlight is the female cast. Milla Jovovich was top notch once again. Sienna Guillory as "Valentine" is a blast to watch. Totally love her character. Both women deliver good performances. Adding to the mix is the absolutely gorgeous and stunning looking Oded Fehr(Carlos). That man is frickin' HOT as hell!! Yummy!! I also felt sorry for the character of "Matt" from the 1st part who was turned into that ugly creature(Nemesis) as a killing machine. Also love the plague of zombies throughout the whole city. An awesome sequel!!

8/10

Comment

• State of Emergency - A decently acted zombie/infected film focusing on character interaction more than fighting the undead. If you're just looking for lots of zombies, skip this one, but for a low-budget horror/drama is was pretty good. - 6.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                          Child's Play 3 boring? No. Dumb as all hell? Definitely but it was never boring.
                          I thought it was pretty boring, up until the military battle. Although, I'll say that it was less boring that I was expecting it to be, before the rewatch. Add to that that every character was either a wuss, or a prick, and Tyler was annoying as shit.

Lots of tits
                          Originally posted by Santa View Post

Would be for me the only reason to get behind it.
                          There's plenty, I don't think you'd be disappointed about that aspect, at all.
                          But there's some other good things too, mainly the look of the film. Gritty, with a slick edge. Vanessa Hudgens does some arousing stuff haha. It was ok, check it out.

Noroi: The Curse - It was good. Lots of praise, I've seen, as one of the scariest movies, ever, but I wasn't feeling it quite that much. It almost Session 9'd me, and what I mean by that, is that a lot of the stuff that people thought was "disturbing" in that movie just came off as silly to me. Luckily in this one, it was reserved for [SPOILER]the tin foil hat guy [/SPOILER], and even though he kinda had a major role, it didn't grate me too much. Also like to compare this to The Omen, because there is lots of exposition, almost to the point that I fell asleep. But all of it is very informative, and important to the plot. There's some really nice camera tricks as well, that don't go over the top. Watched on Youtube for anyone that wants to check it out. Definitely can put this up there with the top FF films. 8.5/10

Class of Nuke'em High - 8.5/10

Comment

• Diehard 3 on blu

Not a bad transfer, though not great. The audio was a lot better though.
                            I still think its the best film in the franchise.
                            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post

Noroi: The Curse - It was good. Lots of praise, I've seen, as one of the scariest movies, ever, but I wasn't feeling it quite that much. It almost Session 9'd me, and what I mean by that, is that a lot of the stuff that people thought was "disturbing" in that movie just came off as silly to me. Luckily in this one, it was reserved for [SPOILER]the tin foil hat guy [/SPOILER], and even though he kinda had a major role, it didn't grate me too much. Also like to compare this to The Omen, because there is lots of exposition, almost to the point that I fell asleep. But all of it is very informative, and important to the plot. There's some really nice camera tricks as well, that don't go over the top. Watched on Youtube for anyone that wants to check it out. Definitely can put this up there with the top FF films. 8.5/10
                              I couldn't help thinking that Noroi is overestimated in a way, the movie doesn't include anything new that you haven't seen before, the key is.. how to say it? ..this kind of spirituality and respect for the curses, traditions and legends that many japanese films soaked into their films which ultimately gives it a distinctive stamp.

Comment

• Past few days

Pacific Rim 8/10 see the thread for my break down.

Weekend At Bernies 7/10 Campy Classic Cheese the three C's.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron 7/10 Overlooked Disney film and it's held up well.

Twister 8/10 Becoming if not already a Classic! I really miss Michael Chrichton.
                                <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                                R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X