X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawney: Flesh of Man / Lord Of Darkness (2012) 7 / 10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      I remember it was because of the whole "MGM going bankrupt" thing that happened back in 2010.

Cabin in the Woods was picked up by Lionsgate (although, IMO, it wouldn't have been if it wasn't for The Avengers coming out) but this never was.

It needs some kind of release.
      That sucks.

It sure does. There could be a quality sequel to be made for this movie, but that'll never happen since no one ever even got to see it. Instead, make way for TWO Paranormal Activity sequels this year.

Comment

• The Avengers 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
          New World, 2013. 9/10

Absolutely amazing!

Right! One of the best crime drama/thrillers in a while. The ending is fucking perfection. South Korea keeps pumping out great directors. Can't wait to see what his next project is.

The Ring 8.5/10

A very solid remake. Gore Verbinski should give horror another go, but with something of his own. I'd like to see how that would turn out.

Comment

• Halloween II (1981)

Watched the television cut. Great horror sequel that has grown on me over the years. Solid atmosphere and a job well done by Michael Myers. 9/10

Comment

• Nekromantik

I hate to say it but I was expecting way more from this flick but yet again hype caused my expectations to be way too high. Rob's suicide scene was def. out there and pretty fucking whack but the rest of the "extreme" moments weren't something I hadn't seen before in some form or another (the corpse fucking scene from Aftermath flat out owns the ones presented here IMHO). The score was nicely off kilter in comparison with what was being shown and there were some nice gore FX for a low budget flick but even this was offset by one butt ugly chick after another, too many scenes where there's really nothing going on and a way to early exit by Betty. My quest for a shock film that actually shocks me continues .

First Viewing-7/10

Comment

• My Amityville Horror - 6/10 decent documentary on Danny Lutz and how the events in the house affecte him. Can tell parts of it still have him messed up a bit. Plus the insight into George Lutz and the dark things he was into plus Danny's hateful relationship with him was interesting.

Insidious - 8/10 the old woman still makes the hairs on my body stand up. Can't wait to see her and the red demon at horror nights this year.
                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Flagg View Post
                  Nekromantik

My quest for a shock film that actually shocks me continues .

First Viewing-7/10
                  I need to see Nekromantik, regretted not getting a ticket when it played at a cinema a couple of years ago.

What shock films have you tried? I'm guessing all the obvious: Salo, Serbian Film, Pink Flamingos, Irreversible, cannibal holocaust etc.? If films don't shock you try documentaries like Dear Zachary and The Act of Killing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I need to see Nekromantik, regretted not getting a ticket when it played at a cinema a couple of years ago.

What shock films have you tried? I'm guessing all the obvious: Salo, Serbian Film, Pink Flamingos, Irreversible, cannibal holocaust etc.? If films don't shock you try documentaries like Dear Zachary and The Act of Killing.
                    Off the top of my dome (not a complete list):

Cannibal Holocaust
                    Cannibal Ferox
                    The Mountain of the Cannibal God
                    Flavia
                    School of the Holy Beast
                    Alucarda
                    I Spit On Your Grave (original)
                    The Human Centipede
                    The Devils
                    Antichrist
                    The Theatre Bizarre
                    Aftermath
                    Genesis

I have Salo downloaded and ready to go and I know where I can get Pink Flamingos and Irreversible. I've had zero luck finding A Serbian Film at any of my normal haunts. TBH the last films to incite any real response from me of any kind were Requiem for a Dream, The Mist and Martyrs, Requiem and Martyrs in particular both made me feel like I needed to take a very long, very hot shower and scrub myself down with bleach and a Brillo pad. Something I've been trying to find forever is a European flick called In My Skin about self-mutilation, anybody know where I can locate this and if it's even worth it?
                    Last edited by Flagg; 08-13-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• From a Whisper to a Scream (1987)....8/10

Good anthology film from the late eighties that deals with plenty of taboos like incest, necrophilia, cannibalism and child death. The first segment, entitled "The Offspring," is probably the best of the lot with Clu Gulager being a creepy motherfucker. Apparently, Vincent Price later regretted taking part in the wraparound segment because of the rest of the film's violence. That might explain why his segment ends in such a tame fashion compared to everything else that came before it. I read one review that compared the film to Creepshow. While I wouldn't go that far, it definitely is an impressive first effort by director Jeff Burr.

The She Beast (1966)....6/10

On the set of Witchfinder General, during an argument with the director Michael Reeves, star Vincent Price exclaimed, "Young man, I have made eighty-four films. What have you done?" Reeves replied: "I've made two good ones." Having now seen his first film, It's clear that Reeves was being far too generous about his own work. The She Beast is, at best, a mediocre film with only a couple good things in it, like Barbara Steele's cleavage:

As for the titular monster herself, the She Beast looks far more goofy than scary, hardly does anything for the majority of the film's running time, and is defeated far too easily. For fans of Steele, the film is worth checking out. Otherwise, I'd suggest you move on to Reeves' best and final film, Witchfinder General.
                      57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Flagg View Post
                        Off the top of my dome (not a complete list):

Cannibal Holocaust
                        Cannibal Ferox
                        The Mountain of the Cannibal God
                        Flavia
                        School of the Holy Beast
                        Alucarda
                        I Spit On Your Grave (original)
                        The Human Centipede
                        The Devils
                        Antichrist
                        The Theatre Bizarre
                        Aftermath
                        Genesis

I have Salo downloaded and ready to go and I know where I can get Pink Flamingos and Irreversible. I've had zero luck finding A Serbian Film at any of my normal haunts. TBH the last films to incite any real response from me of any kind were Requiem for a Dream, The Mist and Martyrs, Requiem and Martyrs in particular both made me feel like I needed to take a very long, very hot shower and scrub myself down with bleach and a Brillo pad. Something I've been trying to find forever is a European flick called In My Skin about self-mutilation, anybody know where I can locate this and if it's even worth it?
                        Check out Orozco The Embalmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                          The Ring 8.5/10

A very solid remake. Gore Verbinski should give horror another go, but with something of his own. I'd like to see how that would turn out.

Verbinski makes visually stunning films. Would love to see him dip into horror again.

Ginger & Rosa - Elle Fanning was great, but the story plodded along and I just didn't buy into it. - 3/10
                          The Iron Giant - The animation was incredible, much better than all the Toy Story copycats churned out these days. And Vin Diesel gave an emotionally stirring turn as The Giant. - 7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                            Check out Orozco The Embalmer.
                            Shall do, thanks.

Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom [1975]

It's official, I'm a damn degenerate . It doesn't matter what taboo subject your into, Salo pretty much covers them all with only incest and beastiality being left out (I could have done without all the shit eating stuff though ) by my count. Two things kept me from giving this a higher rating: too much was left to the imagination and the ending was LAME. Not for those with a weak stomach.

First Viewing-8.5/10

Comment

• The Break-Up -3/5

I really like Vince Vaughn. I enjoy all of his Wild West Productions movies. Looking forward to The Internship.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Steelbook) - 4/5

No review needed, really. Amongst the best.
                              B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• The Descent

Comment

Working...
                                X