Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Sink (1989) ~ 7/10

Very creepy film

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

Comment

• Meska Sprawa (2001, Poland) ~ 7.5/10

Very interesting film about a young boy who is beaten by his father, which is ignored by the rest of the adults in his life. He finds comfort in an aging dog who is about to be euthanize.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBrown View Post
        Seriously thought you would at least dig it a little bit if you loved The Blair Witch. It's one of my favorites.
        Oh, I definitely dug it. Some of those screams you hear in the audio samples or whatever were very creepy. Eeek! Just so spine-chilling!

Comment

• Salome (197 ~ 6/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
            What was this like ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              A Nightmare on Elm St - 5/5

The original and the best. Even though I've seen this dozens of time I've never really noticed before how tightly written this is. We get to know the characters and the threat they face within the first 10 minutes, followed by a brilliantly executed kill scene. The characters just feel so genuine, with no obvious clichéd stereotypes. We care for these people, and not just the teenagers. I love Marge, and her devotion to protecting her daughter while at the same time her past actions have ultimately doomed her child. And for what looks like a straight out horror film it's loaded with sub text galore. The dream and kill scenes are also some of the best in the genre, with the film hitting it's surreal and gory peak with Johnny Depps death. There's a reason this film is regarded as one of the genres best and It's certainly the high point in Cravens filmography.

Horror fantasy at its finest.

It really is amazing, it stands out as a lot more thought out and planned when compared to pretty much any other horror films from the era. Films such as Alien, Hellraiser, Pumpkinhead and Phantasm really being the only exceptions I can think of.

So yeah, it's 'OK' I guess..

Godzilla Va Mothra

Fuck yeah, now this was some epic shit. Although ol' Godzilla gets utterly smashed lol .

10 times better than anything Bay has ever has his name involved in. Fuck you Transhitters. 8/10

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Malcolm X 1992 (8.5/10) - I was kinda ignorant about Malcolm X and felt this movie did a great job of informing and it handled it's long runtime pretty well. I also enjoyed the period scenery and performances. Not as good as Jason X though cause that's in space.

Comment

• Scored yesterday

Also watched:

My Teachers Wife

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mutilation View Post
                      Great film and great poster!

Comment

• Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995, 4/10)
                        Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998, 4/10)
                        Halloween: Resurrection (2002, 2/10)

Not a fan of the decision in the last 2 films to write out the Jamie Lloyd part of the series or adding rappers to the cast to make the flicks more "hip" .

Comment

• Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 4/5

Best of the series IMO. Good cast, clever kills and great atmosphere. The Tommy character works, I think, because it reminds us of ourselves when first watching these films. It is strange to have the hero be a child, and for that child to not be completely obnoxious. The Blu-ray looks pretty good, but a little rough around the edges.

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - 3/5

Guilty pleasure to be sure. Pretty sloppy film all-around, but the sleaziness helps it. The ambiguous ending is nice, and the cast is pretty likable. The Blu-ray is significant improvement over the DVD, and I was pretty stunned with how great it looks.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 4/5

Second favorite in the series. It's a lot of fun, and there is a pretty large shift in tone from the sleazy Part V to the nearly squeaky clean Part VI. I always dug the finale here, with the boat on the lake and ring of fire. There are some pretty good kills (although mostly bloodless) including the backbreaker and triple decapitation. The Blu-ray is gorgeous, and a substantial improvement over the DVD.
                          Last edited by Klown; 09-14-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                            Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 4/5

Best of the series IMO. Good cast, clever kills and great atmosphere. The Tommy character works, I think, because it reminds us of ourselves when first watching these films. It is strange to have the hero be a child, and for that child to not be completely obnoxious. The Blu-ray looks pretty good, but a little rough around the edges.

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - 3/5

Guilty pleasure to be sure. Pretty sloppy film all-around, but the sleaziness helps it. The ambiguous ending is nice, and the cast is pretty likable. The Blu-ray is significant improvement over the DVD, and I was pretty stunned with how great it looks.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 4/5

Second favorite in the series. It's a lot of fun, and there is a pretty large shift in tone from the sleazy Part V to the nearly squeaky clean Part VI. I always dug the finale here, with the boat on the lake and ring of fire. There are some pretty good kills (although mostly bloodless) including the backbreaker and triple decapitation. The Blu-ray is gorgeous, and a substantial improvement over the DVD.
                            Might have to break into this set tonight.

Comment

• Funky Forest: The First Contact- 10/10

This movie was weird as hell. I loved it.

The Machine Girl- 10/10

This movie was just over the top, bloody fun.

Comment

• Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

This is the anti Twin Peaks, as it's so far removed from the original series. The smashing of the TV at the very beginning signals that this is an entirely different beast and won't be restrained by the rules of network suits, and It's not nearly as weird as I first thought although it's still pretty out there. The tone throughout though is so damn creepy and dread filled, and even for Lynch this is very dark stuff.

Looks alright on blu. Some scenes are grainy while others are crystal clear but it's an improvement over scratchy VHS.

4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X