No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Nurses (2007, first viewing, 7/10)

My review here:
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...09#post2725909
    Last edited by Flagg; 10-18-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• escape plan. it was awesome.

Comment

• Reservoir Dogs- 7/10

I'm not as crazy about it as everyone else. I love its style and wit, but the plot feels a bit messy and it has some dull scenes. However, Quentin hit all the right notes after this film!
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Pacific Rim - kinda disappointed to be honest. Entertaining though.

Comment

• The Legend of Hell House (1973) - 7.5/10

An above average haunted house/possession flick with some thick atmosphere and nice set pieces. It's deff worth 90 minutes of your life. Recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by zqa View Post
              Pacific Rim - kinda disappointed to be honest. Entertaining though.

The Mask

Fuck it had been YEARS. I think it's Jim's best film, no question. I adore the humour. "You're a rose and I'm.... thorny." lol "And now, like Napoleon I'm going to... Divide and conquer." lol "Time to party. P - A - R - T... WHY, cause I gotta!" Oh I could go on forever. It's just priceless. lol . Really have to get myself the Blu.

The Planet of the Apes (Remake)

You know I don't think I'd ever seen it before, at least in full. I'd feel perfectly comfortable in stating it is probably the most un-needed remake of all time. The original is flawless, and not dated in the least. The Apes still look better than ANY CGI I've seen. However, the remake only improves on the original in the make up factor (although they look "less evolved"). Rick Baker is absolute master of his art. And is tenfold better than any computer could ever hope to be. Other than that it fails horridly in comparison. Not that its horrible though. But I don't think it's something I'll ever watch again.

I don't like they took away the classes of the original. Orangutans being Apes of Wisdom/Science. The Gorilla's being Military, and Chimps the more average joe type. I wasn't a man of the military take either. It seems to throw away completely all the arguments and story of the original, in regards to racial equality. Which what makes it so damn powerful.

Again, it's not horrible, but it's embarrassing to see the difference between the two. 4.5/10
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Kick Ass 2

Just as good as the first one if not slightly better. I hope they keep making these. There is so much untapped potential in this offbeat, hyper-violent, comic book obsessed world.

7.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                  Reservoir Dogs- 7/10

Satan's Black Wedding (1975, first viewing, 4/10)

My review:
                  http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...98#post2725998

Comment

• Halloween II (1981) - 9/10

Great sequel. More conventional than the first film, but full of suspense, great kills and a classic horror story. Love it.

The Lone Ranger - 7/10

Is it bad that I actually had a blast with this? It wasn't anything like I expected it to be.

Comment

• The Snowtown Murders- 10/10

Eyes Without a Face- 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

The Lone Ranger - 7/10

Is it bad that I actually had a blast with this? It wasn't anything like I expected it to be.
                        QT had it on his list of top 10 favorite films of the year so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                          QT had it on his list of top 10 favorite films of the year so far.
                          really? That's interesting... I suppose I can see that though, its very hammy and silly. Something he would like along the lines of a spaghetti western... with more CGI.

Comment

really? That's interesting... I suppose I can see that though, its very hammy and silly. Something he would like along the lines of a spaghetti western... with more CGI.
                            Yep. He also had Kick Ass 2 on his list.

I haven't seen Lone Ranger but it looks like fun to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                              Yep. He also had Kick Ass 2 on his list.

I haven't seen Lone Ranger but it looks like fun to me.
                              I recommend it. I'm kind of regretting seeing it in theaters. Tons of action and humor... and you gotta love that Lone Ranger music.

Comment

I recommend it. I'm kind of regretting seeing it in theaters. Tons of action and humor... and you gotta love that Lone Ranger music.
                                I'm a big fan of Gore Verbinski. Dude knows how to direct fun popcorn entertainment.

I'll be watching it sometime soon-ish.

Comment

Working...
                                X