Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

Cannibal Holocaust

FINALLY after wanting to see this son-of-a-bitch ever since I first joined BD. Cunt didn't disappoint non either. Though I was expecting more chaos; what you see with what's delivered is rather thirst quenching. Especially those glorious animal killings. I mean; that's hard to watch, love it. I can see with ease how it caused such a shit storm in it's day. The way it's filmed... Flawlessly presents itself in a raw unedited format. Giving off such a vibe of realism. I'd say it's the be all and end all of Found Footage, which is a genre I normally stand clear of. So glad to finally own this monster of a flick. 10/10

Originally posted by oxley View Post
    Lords of Salem
    There are parts of Salem that appear damn near arthouse in look and feel. I loved the bleak ending that doesn't really tell you much.
    Perfect analysis. It appeared, but it wasn't.

I'm an Aussie
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Santa; 12-05-2013, 04:58 AM.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
      Perfect analysis. It appeared, but it wasn't.
      Overall; no.

There are scenes though that completely reek it. Few; and short. They are their though; and knowing Zombie's influences, 100% intentional.
      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

I kind of laughed at the Turtle; but when they started sorting through it's guts I was like, "Yeah; that's fucking disgusting."

No way would I put my hand in that shit.

That being said; I've done it to rabbits, so there isn't really a difference I guess.

There is a far more confonting animal death in 'Mountain of the Cannibal God'. They shove a monkey in-front of this huge ass Python. The look on the monkey's face is priceless when it's heads in the snakes mouth; hands trying to pry it's jaws open. It's like "OK. I am going to die."
        How can you laugh at that poor turtle? Was like a kick in the balls and apparently the actor cried afterwards. My copy includes a cut with no animal cruelty and I might opt for that with future re-watches. It is in the context of the film though so I'll probably just deal with it.

I've seen a heavily cut Mountain of the Cannibal God (was like 70 mins and I didn't see Ursula's boobies ). Was annoying as there looked like a good movie inside the butchered mess I watched. That monkey/python scene sounds nightmarish though, don't wanna see that .

I'm sick. ):
        I can't argue against the evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
          How can you laugh at that poor turtle?
          You can't argue against the oxley. It's just oxley.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I mean. I feel a tad bad. But then I just think it happens everyday everywhere. And it no longer bothers me. Watching its legs fling around on nerves was kinda funny. My sister couldn't watch it; which made me laugh even more.

Oh man. You need to see the full version. That chick has an amazing body!!!!! And the monkies face is just what makes it funny. Cunt of a thing ain't stupid. Meh; snakes gotta eat.
            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
              You can't argue against the oxley. It's just oxley.
              Has he sent you his Xmas list yet? I bet it's heinous.

I mean. I feel a tad bad. But then I just think it happens everyday everywhere. And it no longer bothers me. Watching its legs fling around on nerves was kinda funny. My sister couldn't watch it; which made me laugh even more.

Oh man. You need to see the full version. That chick has an amazing body!!!!! And the monkies face is just what makes it funny. Cunt of a thing ain't stupid. Meh; snakes gotta eat.
              Telling me the monkey convulses from nerve reactions doesn't sell the humor to me. And snakes are shits, when you look into their eyes you can see straight into hell.

This talk has me excited for Green Inferno though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                Has he sent you his Xmas list yet? I bet it's heinous.
                He ain't get nuthin' for motherfucking Christmas, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                This talk has me excited for Green Inferno though.
                It will be released on Blu in Germany on Feb., 13th.
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• A Perfect Getaway - 7.5/10

Underrated thriller.

Comment

Cannibal Holocaust

FINALLY after wanting to see this son-of-a-bitch ever since I first joined BD. Cunt didn't disappoint non either. Though I was expecting more chaos; what you see with what's delivered is rather thirst quenching. Especially those glorious animal killings. I mean; that's hard to watch, love it. I can see with ease how it caused such a shit storm in it's day. The way it's filmed... Flawlessly presents itself in a raw unedited format. Giving off such a vibe of realism. I'd say it's the be all and end all of Found Footage, which is a genre I normally stand clear of. So glad to finally own this monster of a flick. 10/10

One of my favorite horror films. No lie.

Comment

Cannibal Holocaust

Lords of Salem

This shit took my completely off-wing. Isn't your typical Zombie flick... Which is interesting since it's independent and ol' Robby had 100% creative control. It looks like he has learned how to write dialogue without every second word needing to be a audio sin too. This film is a visual smorgasbord. Although I would have loved more of the insane visuals (but in turn that would make them less effective) it's still great. Zombie has always had a flare for visual weirdness, his music video's are ripe with it. There are parts of Salem that appear damn near arthouse in look and feel. I loved the bleak ending that doesn't really tell you much.

It's a film that I'm not sure I'll re-watch soon, but on the other side of the coin it's without doubt a film you'd have to watch multiple times to really grasp. I did indeed like it. So; out of Zombies 5 films he has two films I love TDR and this. I'm not going to give it a score just yet.. I need to bask in this.

not bad

Comment

• school ties (7/10)

black christmas (original 10/10)

carrie (new remake 5/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          A Perfect Getaway - 7.5/10

Underrated thriller.
                          Agreed, but I'm a sucker for these types of movies.

Comment

• Forrest Gump 10/10
                            <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                            R.I.P.

Comment

• Killing Them Softly - Good performances, nicely shot, and not a bad a movie overall. Just the whole political bullshit, was completely unnecessary, and distracting. If you want to have a hidden theme running through your movie, fine, but don't hit me over the head with it, like I'm in the third grade. It's a shame, because outside of the movie's political agenda, it's a pretty solid crime drama.

7/10

Comment

• Stitches 2012 (7.5/10) - I liked the setup and how it introduced all the characters and when the kills came they were pretty inventive (spoiled slightly by CGI). I do feel it could have gone up a gear and notched up the tension but overall it was fun.

Originally posted by Santa View Post

It will be released on Blu in Germany on Feb., 13th.
                                That German Blu is a hoax, Roth confirmed on twitter that it will be getting a worldwide theatrical release. If you look closer on the Blu's credits it actually says "Texas Chainsaw 3D".

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                Killing Them Softly - Good performances, nicely shot, and not a bad a movie overall. Just the whole political bullshit, was completely unnecessary, and distracting. If you want to have a hidden theme running through your movie, fine, but don't hit me over the head with it, like I'm in the third grade. It's a shame, because outside of the movie's political agenda, it's a pretty solid crime drama.

7/10
                                Yeah, I agree it was decent but I expect more from Andrew Dominik. The political theme should have been handled with more subtlety rather than showing political speeches on TV etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X