What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    This movie was mentioned over in the found footage thread. They said it was really good (whoever it was, can't remember). I'm looking forward to seeing it. Nobody has said anything bad about it yet.
    I had some not so nice things to say about The Borderlands in The Quiet Ones thread.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/leg...ad.php?t=95683

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• PA: The Marked Ones - 3/5 Not that bad. Definitely better then the last one.
      The Invoking - 3.5/5 Creepy, but not scary.
      Terror Night(Bloody Movie) - 3/5
      Nature Calls - 2.5/5 The kids were great, but came off more stupid then funny.
      Zombie Undead - Really nothing even slightly new.
      "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
      H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
        I had some not so nice things to say about The Borderlands in The Quiet Ones thread.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/leg...ad.php?t=95683

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-13-2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

"Nobody has said anything bad about it yet"

I had to be that guy!

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
            "Nobody has said anything bad about it yet"

I had to be that guy!
            Well you didn't really say anything bad, just not positive.

Comment

• Savaged (2013) 6.5/10
              http://s27.postimg.org/ffqqu6sr7/sav...res_poster.jpg

Comment

• the entity (9/10)

graduation day (5/10)

the dark crystal (10/10)

Comment

• Amelie -- 4/5
                  Ded End -- 2/5
                  The Running Man -- 3/5
                  Insidious 2 -- 2/5
                  Contracted -- 1/5

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    I didn't care for it. Took too long to get going and once it got going I just didn't give a shit.

Some cool gore, though.
                    Yeah I can totally understand.

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    The Indian in the Cupboard (1995)-8/10
                    Fuck. i used to watch that all the time. I haven't seen it since probably 98-00
                    Last edited by Oxley; 04-14-2014, 12:50 AM.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                    My little idiot..

Comment

• "The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug".....This second chapter is packed with fast paced moments full of exciting adventure and action. The cast is wonderful with Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, and Martin Freeman leading the way. There are so many scenes that I love, involving both the elves and the dragon Smaug. The special effects are wonderful all throughout the film. The art direction, directing, sound, music, and cinematography are all terrific too!! The characters of "Bard" and the "skin changer" are interesting and cool additions to the story. Nominated for only 3 (Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects) Oscars; the movie deserved alot more nominations.

10/10

Comment

• "True Grit (2010)"......This retelling of the 60's classic is awesome and entertaining. Jeff Bridges is top notch and makes the character of "Cogburn" his own. Equally impressive is Matt Damon("LaBoeuf"). Loved the chemistry between him and Bridges. The spirited and talented newcomer Hailee Steinfeld(Supporting Actress nominee) as "Mattie" is fantastic. What a great debut performance. I can see why the movie awards critics had a hard time placing her in either Supporting or Lead Actress. She was in the first frame and she was solid right up to her last scene. Plus the storyline is about her character. I think I would have placed her in lead for the Oscars. Josh Brolin is impressive and memorable as "Chaney", despite the role being a short one. Strong music score, great cinematography, solid production and directing, and a talented ensemble cast all highlight the film. Nominated for 10 Academy Awards and suffering the same fate as The Color Purple(11) and Gangs Of New York(10); it didnt win a damn category!!

9/10

Comment

• Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) 9/10

It's the 1970's and the newsroom's are filled with men, men who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. Enter Ron Burgundy a womanizing man-child with an oversized ego who is the #1 anchorman in San Diego, that was until he his new co-anchor arrives... a woman. Ron along with his oddball news team have to find a way to rid themselves of this threat. A hilarious film that is infinitely quotable.

"It smells like bigfoots dick!"

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013) 6/10

Ron Burgundy finds himself down and out, he's lost his job, Veronica Corningstone has left him and his news team has gone their separate ways but that changes when he's offered an anchor position at a new 24 hour news station and he must put his team back together. This sequel had a few funny moments but the laughs are too few and far between, I was very let down overall.

RoboCop (1987) 9.5/10

Futuristic dystopic Detroit is riddled with crime, the police are owned by a corporation and are being killed in record numbers by overwhelming firepower on the streets. Enter OCP, the corporate entity that runs the city and police, they've developed a program where they combine cybernetics with a mortally wounded officer, the result is Robocop. Great cast, great story and top notch special effects. One of my favorite films from the 80's

RoboCop 2 (1990) 8/10

Robocop and his sweet ass partner Officer Lewis (Nancy Allen ) are back and are up against a new threat to Detroit, the drug kingpin Kane who controls an ultra addictive drug called 'Nuke'. Meanwhile OCP is developing a new cyborg program to replace Robocop.

Cellar Dweller (1988 ) 7.5/10

A struggling young artist enrolls in a remote bohemian art school which is now in the same home of her dead idol, an artist who once did a horror comic in the 1930's called Cellar Dweller. Dabbling in the occult his creations came to life, once she moves into his old office she begins awakening his old demons. Cool creature effects and a good cast.

Xtro (1983) 8.5/10

A family man who has been abducted by aliens through a tear in another dimension returns three years later a changed man only to begin changing his son as well in preparation to return with him to his new home. Some very cool gore effects and dark humor that should please most genre fans.

The Frighteners (1996) 8.5/10

After a car crash in which his wife is killed a successful architect (Michael J Fox) awakens with the ability to see and communicate with the dead, a few of which he befriends and uses to con people. However things turn dark when he discovers a wraith like creature is killing people all over his town and only he can stop it. The ghost effects stand up well but the wraith effects are pretty dated and sometimes silly looking now.

MST3k - Final Justice (1985) 8/10

The crew of the SOL take on another (and their last) Joe Don Baker film in which our tubby hero is a Texas sheriff who travels to Malta in order to track down a fugitive killer. A dull 80's action film that is perfect for the MST3k crew to tackle.

MST3k - Riding with Death (1976) 10/10

A painfully 1970's era film that was actually a failed two part tv show pilot smashed together to resemble an action film about a secret agent who has the ability to turn invisible but rarely uses it, has male camel toe and calls everyone turkeys a lot.

Knightriders (1981) 7/10

A motorcycle troupe working as modern day knights in a traveling renaissance fair run across trouble with the law, lawyer and talent agent headaches as well as inner strife between the king (Ed Harris) who takes being the King VERY seriously and his main knight (Tom Savini) who wants to control things himself. Directed by Romero and features his typical stable of actors.

Repo Man (1984) 9/10

An angst riddled 1980's punk Otto (Emilio Estevez) who through chance falls into the world of the car repossession business. While learning his new trade from his mentor (played hilariously by Harry Dean Stanton) he encounters angry car owners, mentally unstable former friends, the CIA, UFO hunters and crazy coworkers all while searching for a Chevy Malibu driven by an insane scientist who has a radioactive alien corpse in his trunk.

Comment

• Nymphomaniac 2 3,5/5
                            A nymphomaniacal woman, who was found by a man in his backyard beaten and bruised, tells her life story to her caregiver, this time her experiences as a grown-up woman.
                            This was imo the better of the two parts, the tone and events are more serious and better comprehensible, making the fate of the troubled and volatile mind of the nymphomaniacal protagonist more clear and better to grasp. von Trier makes great use of cinematographical and editing effects, hence promoting the unstable character of Joe in a reasonable way. Though, some elements made me cringe, for instance the scene in which her son stands on the balcony, curiously watching the falling snow and in subsequent great danger of falling down, all along with the Ave Maria music. The whole sequence is just ripped off almost 1:1 from Antichrist. Who else quotes his own movies within his own movie?! That felt so damn off.
                            Other than that, the psychogram of Joe becomes more clear in this final part, making her more likeable to the undecided audience. The ending was pretty bleak, but ok as well. A typical von Trier move. What a cunt.

Phantasm
                            4/5
                            A young boy, who just lost his parents within a car accident, watches by chance a mortician lifting a 500 pound coffin from the ground and pushing into the funeral car. He soon finds out that this odd occurence connects to even more sinister events, endangering the very lives of his friends and himself.
                            Never was a big fan of the Phantasm concept and franchise in general, but I decided to give it another chance after several years of absence and did find it pretty enjoyable and watchable, though the nostalgic and dated character is present in every scene. Some scenes did creep me the fuck out, all along with the uncomforting atmosphere. The twist (that he dreamed all this) at end isn't clear enough for my liking, but that isn't basically a reason to give it a bad rating. Well made classic horror from the late 70's.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post

Phantasm
                              4/5
                              A young boy, who just lost his parents within a car accident, watches by chance a mortician lifting a 500 pound coffin from the ground and pushing into the funeral car. He soon finds out that this odd occurence connects to even more sinister events, endangering the very lives of his friends and himself.
                              Never was a big fan of the Phantasm concept and franchise in general, but I decided to give it another chance after several years of absence and did find it pretty enjoyable and watchable, though the nostalgic and dated character is present in every scene. Some scenes did creep me the fuck out, all along with the uncomforting atmosphere. The twist (that he dreamed all this) at end isn't clear enough for my liking, but that isn't basically a reason to give it a bad rating. Well made classic horror from the late 70's.
                              One of my favourites. I loved it a lot more the second go-around too.

It's, in my opinion, the most solid horror franchise. Ever. Not too mention the flawless continuity.

Beautiful stuff. So, so, soooooo amped for Ravager.
                              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                              My little idiot..

Comment

• Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 9.5/10

Thief 8/10

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Working...
                                X