No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepshow 2 1987 (7.5/10) - I don't think this has a bad segment and isn't too far of the original. I like seeing George Kennedy in Chief Wood'nhead and the raft is pretty cool too. I love how 80's shit is violent and certified for adults but is clearly aimed at merchandising for kids .

Comment

• Manhunter [1986]

A near-perfect film. Mann's handle of the story has always had the edge over the later incarnations, in my eyes. And Brian Cox's Lecter is maybe not the definitive one, but it is the best.

10/10

Gimme Shelter [2013]

Vanessa Hudgens in what would be described as her first "transformative" role does a decent job, and is clearly has chops. But the film is ultimately all a little bit pantomime and the gritty scenes of down and out, trailer trash life ended up just being more funny than anything. Rosario Dawson does some serious scenery-chewing here, it's quite extraordinary. But Hudgens is good, and I'm sure this is just another stepping stone to a great breakthrough for her.

4/10

Comment

• Spirit Camp - 3.5/5
        Body Count 3/5
        The Factory 2/5
        Last House on Dead End Street - 2/5
        "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
        H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
          Going to watch Captain America in glorious IMAX today!
          Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
          Ended up watching Oculus instead.

I hope you got a blowjob out of such a poor decision.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Drainiac (2000)-7/10

Indie horror film about some teenagers finding something evil in the water in an old house.

I love Brett Piper. I don't necessarily love all of his movies but he's one of the very few filmmakers out there trying to keep that old school B-movie spirit alive and I respect that.

Drainiac isn't one of my favorites of his but I dug it enough. I love the 16mm photography and music score, which helps give the movie an old school look and feel and the practical and stop motion effects work, which are fantastic for a film of this budget. The CGI in the revised cut pales in comparsion but it doesn't take away from the other effects work.

The acting and characters are bland for the most part, though and there's a feeling of wanting more at the end of the film.

Big Man on Campus (1989)-9/10

Comment

• The Factory -- 3/5

Comment

• I Spit on your Grave 2 - 6/10

Didn't hate it. Didn't like it. More of the same as the first remake really.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Oculus 8/10 Pretty decent mindfuck of a film

Comment

• The Exterminator [1980] - 8/10
                    Exterminator 2 [1984] - 8/10

Sweet sweet cheese...wonderfully aged since 1980/1984.

Comment

• The Avengers (2012) 10/10

Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      The Exterminator [1980] - 8/10
                      Exterminator 2 [1984] - 8/10

Sweet sweet cheese...wonderfully aged since 1980/1984.
                      good movies, I wish the RLM crew had been kinder to them

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                        good movies, I wish the RLM crew had been kinder to them
                        Not sure I understand the reference. What do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          Not sure I understand the reference. What do you mean?
                          RLM stands for RedLetterMedia they do funny reviews on YouTube, one of their segments is called Best of the Worst and they didn't much like either Exterminator film, by the way they talk about the films I think they watched edited versions though

[YOUTUBE]QvlKqF_0C3E[/YOUTUBE]
                          Last edited by Mr. Bill; 04-19-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post

I hope you got a blowjob out of such a poor decision.

There were only 6 seat left for Captain America and they were all front row seats that were not even next to each other. Screw that shit.

Comment

• Man of Steel
                              The Dark Knight

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Comment

• Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 10/10

Words cannot fathom how much I love this movie. Perfect B movie concept and execution. Feels like a blending of 50s and 80s camp with the most awesome gags and over the top effects. To me this is the perfect 80s B movie, and always will be.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X