What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    Did you get the new blu-ray of this? Didn't it come out just recently? I really hope they still have some posters left when I order this Friday.
    Sadly no, but I'm going to pick it up when I get paid. The cover art looks amazing, but then again all Scream Factory's releases look great.

The Burning - 9/10

Comment

• The Other (1972) - 3/5
      Horrible accidents happen as of late on a farm in a rural regin in the US. Nobody knows how and why it exactly happened, but a caring Grandmother of the twins, who live on the farm, has her suspicions of the late odd behaviour of one of the twins, Niles. She taught those boys a game, which especially Niles takes too literally. But there's a far more horrifying twist than meets the eye.
      I came to that movie after realizing, that there's a blueprint to the movie "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. Without going too far into the old "the original is better than the remake", I thoroughly enjoyed the original version while knowing the major twist of the story beforehand. The atmosphere was subtle and often pretty dense, but I missed some gut-punching horror-elements, which were better displayed in the well-done remake. The boy didn't really creep me out (unfortunately), but catched up later in the film with some eerie moments. I usually hate it when annoying kids are the constant focus of a film, but I pulled through here successfully.

The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh
      - 3/5
      An ambassador's wife discovers that one of the men in her life - either her husband, an ex-lover or her current lover - may be a vicious serial killer, who vilently tries to get back into her life.
      This was a pretty smart entry in the Giallo genre with a surprising ending, leaving nobody unharmed after the dust has settled. The iconic and sexy-bodaciously looking Edwige Fenech gives a good performance, even with some glimpses of her big natural good in the early moments of the film. Later on not so much, but therefor other fine european women, who lose their pretty lives to a serial-killing maniac. The gore shots aren't in the foreground, but instead the typically sleazy and uncomforting giallo atmosphere along with a great psychedelic and subtle score with very memorable catchy tunes, which brought me on track of many other italian composers, who did similar music for those kind of movies. It is basically an own genre for itself, mainly derived from italian maestros, even Morricone. This flick brought me into it, well played.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
        Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - 9/10

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - 8/10

5 has grown on me a lot over the years. Flawed, but devilishly entertaining.
        I enjoy 5 too. I think the Halloween sequels are way better than the Friday 13th ones.
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• "Gojira".....The original 1954 Japanese version of Godzilla is a bit better than the Americanized version. The difference is in the storyline and a few scenes not shown in the 1956 reboot. These changes make the original a little stronger and help the flow of the film. Godzilla/Gojira is one of the greatest cinematic monsters of all time!!

8.5/10

Comment

• "I, Frankenstein"....A cool fast paced action/thriller starring the awesome Aaron Eckhart. The man is becoming a terrific action hero lately and is always great to watch. Gargoyles, demons, and mankind make up the movie plot...and all three give us some thrilling action scenes and moments. Bill Nighy and Miranda Otto round off a good main cast too. The movie is slick and fun!!

8/10

Comment

I believe they were both filmed at the same time, similar to the LOTR movies.

They were, but as Geek mentioned part 3 had the MPAA kick it's ass by cutting out the gore and such. So part 2 is more enjoyable for keeping that.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

I really like Return. It's just a great and funny flick. And it's nice to see some of the original actors all grown up now. I kinda wish it would've been a sequel to the entire series though, instead of ignoring the 2nd and 3rd films but whatever. I enjoyed it for what it was.

And that fat kid, shit what was his name..., he was great as the kid that everyone makes fun of. I just remember him as "Blowjob"
                I think the director went out his way to make sure things were done differently than the original.

For one thing "Blowjob" is not a likable protagonist, at all. In the original you felt bad for Angela and wanted to see her bullies punished. Not in Return. Well not entirely true I wanted everyone to die in Return.

And the twist was so obvious it wasn't funny. You kind of feel the director knew he couldn't out do the epic twist in the original and went with something that was so obvious you'd have to be retarded (or oxley) not to see it coming.

Comment

• 2:45 showing of.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past 8.5/10

Loved it! I don't think they could have casted Xavier and Eric any better than James and Michael they were perfect choices!

The ever so sultry J-Law put on a beautiful performance as well.

Comment

• Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)

Found (2012)

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                      you'd have to be retarded (or oxley) not to see it coming.
                      Aren't those the same thing?

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Watched Motel Hell. It's pretty decent. The whole human garden thing was pretty fucking creepy. Then the chainsaw wielding pig masked killer assault made it all come together.

Comment

• Big Bad Wolves - 6.5/10
                          In Secret - 6/10

And a bunch of mostly sub-par to utter garbage.
                          Rites of Spring
                          The Ganzfeld Haunting
                          When the Lights Went Out
                          Ghost Machine
                          Another Kind
                          Antisocial
                          The Expedition
                          Nobody Gets Out Alive

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                            Big Bad Wolves - 6.5/10
                            In Secret - 6/10

And a bunch of mostly sub-par to utter garbage.
                            Rites of Spring
                            The Ganzfeld Haunting
                            When the Lights Went Out
                            Ghost Machine
                            Another Kind
                            Antisocial
                            The Expedition
                            Nobody Gets Out Alive
                            Could you elaborate on Big Bad Wolves. I've been wanting to see it. Tarantino kinda gushed over it and called it the best movie of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                              Watched Motel Hell. It's pretty decent. The whole human garden thing was pretty fucking creepy. Then the chainsaw wielding pig masked killer assault made it all come together.

Funny you mention that, I just watched that a few days ago for the first time. Found it in a movie pack with Deranged. Good stuff.

Comment

• Sleepaway Camp - 3.5/5

Hard to rate. The acting is pretty poor across the poor. The story is your standard slasher stuff, and the pacing isn't so hot. The kills, however, are pretty fun, and the film just has a certain charm to it. Cheesy, goofy, corny, and just downright weird. The new Blu-ray is damn impressive. Looks much better than the DVD from the old box set.

X-Men - 4.5/5

X2 - 4.5/5

Both better than I had remembered. They absolutely nailed the casting, and everything clicks. Particularly in the first film, where everything is introduced so quickly. My biggest gripe with these 2 (and the rest of the series) is that Cyclops (my favorite X-Men character) always takes a backseat to just about everyone else. Not looking forward to rewatching The Last Stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X