Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Gravity (2013)

I think this is one of the few films that actually lives up to the media hype. This movie is non-stop suspense. Sandra Bullock has some of the worst luck in outer space.

You could argue she had some of the best luck in space.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post

Unlucky to be in the situation, lucky getting through it.

Pretty much like John McClain

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

yeah, it would have been way better if it was super realistic and she died in the first 20 minutes... and that was the whole movie.

no. Gravity is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          yeah, it would have been way better if it was super realistic and she died in the first 20 minutes... and that was the whole movie.

no. Gravity is amazing.
          Believe it or not I'd have quite loved seeing a Sandra Bullock corpse floating through space for 2 hours...

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
            Believe it or not I'd have quite loved seeing a Sandra Bullock corpse floating through space for 2 hours...
            maybe if she was nude

10/10 would watch

Comment

maybe if she was nude

10/10 would watch
              Dead AND nude? Now you're speakin my language.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                Dead AND nude? Now you're speakin my language.
                and to think I loved Gravity... it could have been so much more

Comment

Compared to the other astronauts definitely.
                  "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

no. Gravity is amazing.

I agree with you.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Gravity is so overrated.

3/5 at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                        Gravity is so overrated.

3/5 at best.
                        But without it your shit would never stay in place.

Comment

• Ed Wood (1994) 10/10

A docudrama about schlockmaster Edward D. Wood Jr. (Depp) and his struggles to make his many 'classic' Horror/Science Fiction films as well as his close friendship with legendary horror actor Bela Lugosi (Landau). Arguably Tim Burton's greatest film which won a couple of Academy Awards such as Best Actor for Landau's Performance as Lugosi.

Butcher Boys (2012) 6/10

A group of annoying teens run afoul of a gang of cannibals in downtown Austin, TX. Borrows heavily from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre films, an odd but strangely entertaining film that could have been better with improved direction.

Flying Monkeys (2013) 4/10

A young woman receives a pet monkey as a graduation gift from her father but what she doesn't know is that once the sun goes down the monkey turns into a winged demon that hungers for flesh. Bad CGI effects and bad acting plague this SyFy channel stinker.

Resolution (2012) 7/10

After receiving an e-mail containing footage of his troubled friends descent into methamphetamine addiction along with a map to where he is, a man concocts a plan to hand-cuff his junkie pal to the interior of his rural cabin until he gets better but they soon discover that someone or something is watching them.

The Exorcist III (1990) 9/10

An intelligent, engrossing second sequel in The Exorcist series finds Detective Kinderman (Scott) Investigating a series of gruesome killings which are apparently being carried out by the "Gemini Killer" a serial Killer who died in the electric chair fifteen years previous on the very night of young Reagan's exorcism. Some very chilling moments and great performances from George C. Scott and Brad Dourif.

Needle (2010) 6/10

A killer employs a magical box that allows the user to kill remotely using a wax doll and a photograph. Some imaginative kills but mostly a by the numbers slasher-esq horror.

Harold and Maude (1971) 8/10
                          To Have and Have Not (1944) 8/10
                          MST3k - Earth Vs The Spider (1958 ) 7/10
                          MST3k - Giant Spider Invasion (1975) 10/10
                          MST3k - Devil Fish (1984) 8/10
                          MST3k - Laserblast (1978 ) 8/10
                          Last edited by Mr. Bill; 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Zoltan Hound of Dracula (1979)

Comment

• TapeWorm, 2009. 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                                Ed Wood (1994) 10/10

A docudrama about schlockmaster Edward D. Wood Jr. (Depp) and his struggles to make his many 'classic' Horror/Science Fiction films as well as his close friendship with legendary horror actor Bela Lugosi (Landau). Arguably Tim Burton's greatest film which won a couple of Academy Awards such as Best Actor for Landau's Performance as Lugosi.
                                I really need to see this. I love Tim, and I haven't even seen Ed Wood yet!

Yesterday I saw:

Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie

It doesn't work as a film at all. The plot is nowhere near strong enough to sustain 90 minutes and it's not as funny as the TV show. Having said that, me and my friends laughed a lot! Comedy is subjective and I found it very funny indeed. It wasn't as horrendous as I feared, but it was a big funny mess. I especially loved Mr. Wang, what a fantastic surprise he was!

6/10

Spider-man (2002)

I am biased towards this film, because it was a childhood favourite. I still love it a lot now. Yes, it's cheesy but it's so much fun! Sam Raimi is excellent at directing here too. I also love Willem Dafoe's campy performance and all of Peter's family drama. I think it's a fab film.

8/10
                                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X